Message For Ftse Traders......

I was stopped out of my long term short last night at break even 4232 (march ftse contract), new short set up on march contract at 4252, stop moved to break even, currently 30+ points up. long term never really works out for me though!

Money where my mouth is time. The FTSE has now broken through its Initial Balance so I am short @ 4236 with a 20 point stop. Target is yesterday's close / big number 4200......

Money where my mouth is time. The FTSE has now broken through its Initial Balance so I am short @ 4236 with a 20 point stop. Target is yesterday's close / big number 4200......

I was watching that IB too. Went short at 4237, stop 4257. Target 4212.

I'm waiting for a retrace to 4247 ish, before going short... or break below 4231. Of course none of that may happen!

That said, if you look at the FTSE and Dax's IB's, relative to yesterday's IB's, the Dax opened and is sitting at a price that the market accpeted yesterday. The FTSE has opened well outside of range....

That said, if you look at the FTSE and Dax's IB's, relative to yesterday's IB's, the Dax opened and is sitting at a price that the market accpeted yesterday. The FTSE has opened well outside of range....

could you post a chart pls, just so we can see exactly what you a looking at?

thanks

Thank you. Am a bit worried that I'm setting myself to look a bit stupid when the market stays rangebound though!!!!

market is going up according to my analysis......................full stop!!

I have long position on S&P 836...stop loss 830!!

and Long FTSE 4245 .........stop loss 4215 ............target 4500 and above!!

thats my analysis guys and i may well be wrong.....

I haven't traded much today as gaining self discipline and aslo promised myself i will not trade until monday 23rd !!

but I will be posting and giving my analysis on here on daily basis from this monday onwards, for whatever its worth!

I'm off to friday prayers now so i will be back in the afternoon..........somebody please email me the reaction to payroll numbers after 13.30 on S&P and DOW.....

thank you

Last edited:
could you post a chart pls, just so we can see exactly what you a looking at?

thanks

Sure - here goes!! FWIW I don't think my short is going to work. With the benefit of hindsight it might have been better to wait and see if the Dax had any appetite outside of its IB before going short......

Screen 130209.jpg

KJ

I think it'll hit 4233, which is a retractment point on the week long chart, and a previous line of support.

market is going up according to my analysis......................full stop!!

Could you expand a bit more on the analysis that makes you think it's going up? My analysis seems to be out of kilter so it would be good to compare from someone who sees it differently!