Making Money Trading

Which market do you want to learn to trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to give a heads up on the daily cable chart,looks as if it is forming a beautiful pin bar.

yeah bouncing at a really nice lookig price pivot

no obvious fib confluence though - but I think that price level is strong enough on its own

cheers

Jin

p.s. prob gone and jinxed the ****ard now........:whistling

took a long on ej @162.67,breakout trade and pullback

Superspurs could I ask why did you not take a short with the first Pin. Admittadly the 2nd one looks a better Pin but you wouldn't have known that yet. Also why did you enter at 162.67. Was this based on a different timeframe to the hourly?

I'm not critising just want to understand.

Need eyes in the back of your head to trade these markets...

Excellent pin bar here on the Dow (YMM8) hourly. The red s/r pivot is not only an excellent flip on the hourly but also of considerable significance on daily and weekly TF.

This trade was crying out to be taken.

Pin bar came BEFORE the news and today confirmed what I have repeated previously - in my experience, the majority of the time when taking these trades, any news that comes out affects them positively.

Ignore the news.

Gosh...Firewalker would be proud of me...

Attachments

• dow.gif
    dow.gif
    23.6 KB · Views: 700
Pin bar came BEFORE the news and today confirmed what I have repeated previously - in my experience, the majority of the time when taking these trades, any news that comes out affects them positively.

agree

It's like the "smart" money prices in the news before it comes out and their actions present nice price action to us.

BTW some nice pins on:
cable
EURCAD - long
GBPCAD (not as nice as others) -long
CADCHF (nice bounce off resistance + 150 + fib confl) - short

CAD looking weak - can't take em all so will look for the most suitable.

Jin

Attachments

• gbpusd140508.gif
    gbpusd140508.gif
    29.7 KB · Views: 278
  • eurcad140508.gif
    eurcad140508.gif
    26.5 KB · Views: 251
  • gbpcad140508.gif
    gbpcad140508.gif
    28.4 KB · Views: 262
  • cadchf140508.gif
    cadchf140508.gif
    26.4 KB · Views: 242
Superspurs could I ask why did you not take a short with the first Pin. Admittadly the 2nd one looks a better Pin but you wouldn't have known that yet. Also why did you enter at 162.67. Was this based on a different timeframe to the hourly?

I'm not critising just want to understand.

i did not take first pin because i believed in the breakout of the flag formation,and again i wasn,t watching it and when i saw the 2nd pin i jumped in (probably chasing the price)

Attachments

• ej4.gif
    ej4.gif
    18.4 KB · Views: 259
Need eyes in the back of your head to trade these markets...

Excellent pin bar here on the Dow (YMM8) hourly. The red s/r pivot is not only an excellent flip on the hourly but also of considerable significance on daily and weekly TF.

This trade was crying out to be taken.

Ignore the news.

dont ignore the news, but be aware of it, and TD, IM PROUD OF YOU and you had read my posts on the subject a month ago --- even gave me points for it !

fickle today ??

LOL

mp

Gosh...Firewalker would be proud of me...

mp

What about the S&P cash (daily) it looks like quite a nice pin bar, if you draw a fib from the the 11th october high to the 17th march low its almost bouncing off the 50% level??

Just had a look and see what you mean

it seems like a case of the lesser of two evils - both currencies seem to be under pressure

£ might wake up soon ?

4hr bar wont be finished until 11am.

Attachments

• gbpchf_h4.gif
    gbpchf_h4.gif
    9.7 KB · Views: 341
  • gbpchf_d1.gif
    gbpchf_d1.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 300
Hi everyone,

Grail trade on cable, entry 9450, stop at 9417. Seems everyone is on board. Will be looking for the obvious 9500 break, then a retest for some comfort as stakes are fairly high.
1st scaleout 9600.

Hi everyone,

Grail trade on cable, entry 9450, stop at 9417. Seems everyone is on board. Will be looking for the obvious 9500 break, then a retest for some comfort as stakes are fairly high.
1st scaleout 9600.

I don't like Cable at all. Something is not right.

FWIW My Jet Stream Analysis shows a cable sell 1.9470/80 zone.

But I dont use it on cable, so big pinch of salt on that, but just switched my GBPJPY chart open to it.

Last edited:
Hi to all of you people :)
I've been reading this thread for the last few weeks.

Great stuff.

Me too go long on cable daily last night but just closed it for few pips of profit - i know that i shouldnt do this but i just don't like the look of it.

Any way, thanx for your effort TD.

Status
Not open for further replies.