Who's making money?

I do not need to post my account size. I show the size of each of my trade. At least Dr. Safari tells us how many shares, the financial instrument and when. Very few people here describe their trades as well as him. Quest2016 posts screenshots of his trades, which very few people do. There are only three people doing that so far. Quest2016 and I are doing it here. ffsear is doing it in his sports betting thread in the foyer.

Not true i see many traders are doing it , Oscar reed , Lúidín to name a few ...

4875595.jpg

Not true i see many traders are doing it , Oscar reed , Lúidín to name a few ...

I like Oscar but I have not seen him do this. I do not doubt him. Some people just choose to post only certain information. Luidin does not have a journal. When is the last time that Luidin actually posted a trade?

I like Oscar but I have not seen him do this. I do not doubt him. Some people just choose to post only certain information. Luidin does not have a journal. When is the last time that Luidin actually posted a trade?

Oscar did it for a long time , Luidin didnt post a trade for some time yes but so the names you have mentioned they hardly have a couple of pages journals ...

Last edited:
Oscar did it for a long time , Luidin didnt post a trade for some time yes but so the names you have mentioned they hardly have a couple of pages journals ...

You would prefer to read hundreds of pages of fluff without quality as opposed to people who have recently started or do not trade as frequently with better quality.

Traffic is just noise, number of posts, numbers of guests. What's gone missing is quality. Quality of posters. Quality of posts.

There are two restaurants. One serves high end food with exceptional service which makes the dining experience exceptional and much sought after. And this attracts a certain clientele. The other is a fast food burger bar which is big on quantity and calories but low on protein, vitamins and nourishment - at all levels. This also attracts a certain clientele.

Real traders who do have something better to do with their time but want to dip into trading sites to see what's going on that might interest them and in which they may like to participate and mix with like minded souls with the same ethos and aims also fall into similar categories.

You would prefer to read hundreds of pages of fluff without quality as opposed to people who have recently started or do not trade as frequently with better quality.

Not talking about traffic here , we are talking about track records , a short track record of a handful of trades is not like a long track record - although a trading journal is not an adequate way to establish a trading track record - .

Not talking about traffic here , we are talking about track records , a short track record of a handful of trades is not like a long track record - although a trading journal is not an adequate way to establish a trading track record - .

Granted. A long track record is better than a short track record if such a track record even exists. What I was pointing to is those long lengthy threads that don't have one shred of evidence so a long track record does not exist there. The only thing that is long is the amount of pages and fluff.

I do not know much about sport betting but ffsear's thread is shaping up nicely.

Screenshots of a "blotter" are much better than most people are doing.

Cheers to ffsear and quest2016.

Granted. A long track record is better than a short track record if such a track record even exists. What I was pointing to is those long lengthy threads that don't have one shred of evidence so a long track record does not exist there. The only thing that is long is the amount of pages and fluff.

I gave you examples of long journals . Still the short journals you have mentioned dont show much info like the account balance for example .

I gave you examples of long journals . Still the short journals you have mentioned dont show much info like the account balance for example .

Luidin was an example you gave who does not have a journal. I would not believe a word he says anyway.

Even if I am to except Oscar as a candidate, you've only given one person of substance.

Telling someone how much money is in your account is a whole other ballgame from telling them how much money you make. The account size doesn't really matter to me because some people don't expose 100% of their account or over leverage their account. Some people only expose maybe 25%. Some people pull annuities out of their account.

Trying to compare scalp traders daytraders and swing traders is like comparing apples and oranges. Scalpers are likely to have more trades in the same time period because they are not looking for big gains.

Luidin was an example you gave who does not have a journal. I would not believe a word he says anyway.

Even if I am to except Oscar as a candidate, you've only given one person of substance.

Telling someone how much money is in your account is a whole Nother ballgame from telling them how much money you make. The account size doesn't really matter to me because some people don't expose 100% of their count or over leverage their account. Some people only expose maybe 25%. Some people pull annuities out of their account.

Trying to compare scalp traders daytraders and swing traders is like comparing apples and oranges. Scalpers are likely to have more trades in the same time period because they are not looking for big gains.

I dont see the difference , bottom line context is everything and account balance is a very important info , otherwise : "whats the point ?"

Thats why evidence should be certified ofcourse , otherwise its not acceptable .

A certified copy is a copy of an original document that has been endorsed as a true copy of the original by an approved individual. Examples of approved individuals who can certify documents include:

Lawyer
Notary public
Commissioner of oaths
Accountant
Bank manager
Doctor
Ambassadorial staff
Law enforcement official

The endorsement or stamp needs to appear on the page that shows the information required. We are not able to accept a certified document with the certification on a separate page.

The certification on all certified copies should include:

The statement: “Certified to be a true copy of the original”
The name and signature of the person who has certified the document
The certifier’s job title
The certifier’s telephone number
The certifier’s company stamp, if applicable or their address
The date of the certification .

Last edited:
You know I really wish some of the giant, mega-threads with gajillions of posts would have some kind of summary of the trading results. Most of them are downright indecipherable.

I personally haven't made much money yet. I've cashed out a couple successful runs in the past - but Imma bout to tear this mother up, I guarantee you.

Are there any threads where someone is consistently and definitively profiting?

You know I really wish some of the giant, mega-threads with gajillions of posts would have some kind of summary of the trading results. Most of them are downright indecipherable.

I personally haven't made much money yet. I've cashed out a couple successful runs in the past - but Imma bout to tear this mother up, I guarantee you.

I do not know about the consistently profitable part but I only know of a few threads were they are actually posting proof of any trading activity whatsoever. I agree with you about those long lengthy threads being indecipherable. My view is that they are indecipherable for a purpose, that being, if you could decipher them you would see through the b.s..

Instead of focusing on how profitable other people are maybe we should focus on trying to make ourselves more profitable. Threads that have more than one poster will tend to have issues and lack coherence.

Hi j n,
Have you considered opening one and run it as you would like to see others do?

Hi j n,
Have you considered opening one and run it as you would like to see others do?

Oh, for sure. Trying to decide how I want to do it, which trades to post and whatnot - how to make it as clean and brief as possible. I do plan on setting up a journal here soon.

Oh, for sure. Trying to decide how I want to do it, which trades to post and whatnot - how to make it as clean and brief as possible. I do plan on setting up a journal here soon.

I would avoid the brevity. Most threads suffer from too much brevity and too much ambiguity. It would be advisable and more preferable to give as many details as possible.