Making Money Trading

Which market do you want to learn to trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
eu/us

did any early birds get some of this :cry: must pay more attention.my fault i missed it,i just wasn,t prepared

Attachments

• ed1.gif
    ed1.gif
    16.6 KB · Views: 346
  • ed2.gif
    ed2.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:
did any early birds get some of this :cry: must pay more attention.my fault i missed it,i just wasn,t prepared

I entered at 15406 this morning. Not too sure where its headed. Seems to have stalled around the 15460 area. I thought it may get up to 15490 or so. Anybody have any thoughts on money management with this one?

dont let the retracement shake you out (whenever it comes)

Stop is still just below Pin but on the Daily we are in a down trend so not sure how much upside there will be. 15400 seems to be providing good support though so I'll hang in there.

====================================================================
went in last nite as a 4 lot trade off the H4 chart with exit at 5457 --- hit target overnite and now may go for some more or not bother trading for the rest of day.

enjoy and trade well

mp

Someone give that man a reputation point since I can't!

I'm not in this. If I was I would be getting the stop to breakeven now.

Done!

I reckon the second chart is a perfect text book illustration of this method.
Well done SS.
I've been sliced to pieces on the 5 min as per usual.

Cheers for now,
Neil

Last edited:
TD could you elborate why you would move the stop now.

I would move the stop up because we have broken through an S/R pivot on the hourly and what's more, we have retested it from above. My stop would go a tick below the last swing low which is 1.5430 on my chart.

Attachments

• euro.gif
    euro.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 579
I still have issues knowing when to get out of a trade

Hi Chocolate,
Is it the method you're stuck on?
Exit methods abound:

1. Trail stop up below MA
2. Trail stop up below lowest low on candle.
3. Set a target, some sort of measured move and exit when it's hit.
4. Exit when you've got decent R:R
5. Exit on trendline break.
6. Scale out gradually, 1/3 at a time.

Search T2W threads for all these and more.

Best Regards,
Neil

I still have issues knowing when to get out of a trade
=====================================================================
TRY THIS !
simple and obscenely accurate (it may not go to the VERY top, but rarely will the price not hit where it says it will hit

OH YEAH -- designed for metatrader

mp

Attachments

• Support and Resistance.mq4
    1.6 KB · Views: 336
Not really up on your pinbars but noticed what looks like could fit and thought I'd contribute to the focus of the thread....

Looks like a possible one due on EJ.... 40 minutes to go yet but if a retrace happens between now and 3...

Apologies if completely wrong!

Or maybe not! I'll leave you guys to it! :LOL: :eek:

Attachments

• ej pins.gif
    ej pins.gif
    28.3 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:
thanks to all =)

t_d - I don't remember an exit strat - I shall read through again

mp - thats a nice indicator, but i'm not sure how to use it; I've included a screenshot - say I had taken this long from the lows, where would it be telling me to exit? Sorry if this is OT.

Click for full size

To keep this slightly on topic, is this a good pin supposing the subsquent bar closes in the 'right' direction?

Click for full size

Last edited:
Eur-Usd again?

Eur-Usd H1 long perhaps?
There is a pin off a previous S/R but do we need supporting evidence?

Attachments

• h1 pin.bmp
    291.4 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
====================================================================
went in last nite as a 4 lot trade off the H4 chart with exit at 5457 --- hit target overnite and now may go for some more or not bother trading for the rest of day.

enjoy and trade well

mp
hey mp6140 nice one.only why 5457 as your target??i didnt see any problems until 5480ish,do you see something i dont??:innocent:

hi ye,i missed it too! shame its was a good trade eh!!??
i caught the later break above 5485,turned out a nice trade also,only bottled it a little near the end because i was watching the 5m chart,if you look at the hourly there was no reason for me to close and it would have reached my target, dont mind loosing a few pips though to keep my dosh out of these uncertain little retracments:)thought about chasing it a again a little later but didnt like the big overhead line!!;)
happy hunting
what does antone think of this pin on the eur/jpy hourly??(notice how it took off at the same time yesterday(also at 2pm )

Attachments

• eurotrade.gif
    eurotrade.gif
    49.7 KB · Views: 274
  • eurotradeyen.gif
    eurotradeyen.gif
    46.8 KB · Views: 273
Status
Not open for further replies.