Looking for a new Spread Betting home...will be moving from IG...Tips welcome

Why not try GFT? You might be their first customer.

:LOL: they have 2. I chuckle when i see this type of thread re. IG as the over riding advice is always "why not stay with them as they're the best out of the bunch?" If you trade forex only move to fxcm, if not stay put. I reckon if you're a consistent winner you'll be winning with IG, if you're not then the chances of winning elsewhere (other than fxcm) will not improve by moving.

I also was put off CMC...

I have been put off CMC again this week when they stopped me out yet again as the action reversed! Apparently my SL price was hit twice in one minute dont you know (according to the help desk) before reversing.
The other week the slippage on a tight stop loss saw me stopped at what turned out to be the high of the day and some 15p away from from SL.

I will continue to look for the next place to move.

Specifically looking at CFD providers as I am happy thus far with IG for SB.

:LOL: they have 2. I chuckle when i see this type of thread re. IG as the over riding advice is always "why not stay with them as they're the best out of the bunch?" If you trade forex only move to fxcm, if not stay put. I reckon if you're a consistent winner you'll be winning with IG, if you're not then the chances of winning elsewhere (other than fxcm) will not improve by moving.
U didnt get it this thread is about partygaming ;)

It is for me for as long as they are the one I am trying out! I can now report a new bigger startup bonus up to 250 pounds and stop-sensitive margins on www.partymarkets.com.

I am still very interested in such details about other platforms however...like I said, I have half of my capital waiting to move.
In response to Black Swan...I am not trying to improve my chances of "winning", I make good returns, I am looking for a better customer experience mostly...

It is for me for as long as they are the one I am trying out! I can now report a new bigger startup bonus up to 250 pounds and stop-sensitive margins on www.partymarkets.com.

I am still very interested in such details about other platforms however...like I said, I have half of my capital waiting to move.
In response to Black Swan...I am not trying to improve my chances of "winning", I make good returns, I am looking for a better customer experience mostly...

Y i feel u r promoting partymarkets ;)

The T&Cs of the credit offer don't look too tempting, unless I'm misunderstanding. To get
the £250 out you apparently have to deposit £1000, then place bets of a stake value equal to the £250? Bit tricky on FX or indices.:)

: they're the best out of the bunch?" If you trade forex only move to fxcm, if not stay put. I reckon if you're a consistent winner you'll be winning with IG, if you're not then the chances of winning elsewhere (other than fxcm) will not improve by moving.

I wouldn't advise any UK based trader to move to FXCM - you will have to pay income tax on any profits!!!

I have also just started using the Place Bets on the Financial Markets with PartyMarkets.com Spreadbetting and CFDs platform live. I received 250 pounds bonus and to correct the person before; it is TOTAL stakes adding up to the amount of the bonus before you can withdraw it. So 250 pounds of stakes not so hard to build up! Also new (apparently it is new, but I just started using the platform so ALL is new to me!), is new margining that lets you manage risk much better. It is also sensitive to your stops. I will let you know how it does in the future.

So what is good about this FXCM?

I think most "serious" SBer's - of which I am not one (yet) - have more than one account anyway. To my mind, there's no point having one account that is a white label of another, so you might consider a combination something like:

CityIndex - PartyMarkets/Finspreads/etc. -small stakes, good for testing.
IG Index - don't know if they have white labels - big range of markets, open 24hrs, plenty of muttering about slippage / stop-running / on the boards here.
CapitalSpreads - PaddyPower/ETrade/DealingDesk - tight spreads, no re-quotes, seem to be supportive of Trade2Win. No guaranteed stops.

This would mean you could make a comparison before every bet if need be, assuming you have the cash to leave some margin parked in each account.

Does any spreadbetting platform offer the ichimoku oscillator with it? I have only traded on IGmarkets CFD platform, and it didn't have it.

Also, in regards to stop-hunting, can an individual broker hunt stops any differently than the market as a whole? I can't see how this is done?

U didnt get it this thread is about partygaming ;)

Mon Dieu :-0 so much better than the usual "I'm thinking of moving to xyzfm.com, has anyone tried them?" Reply; "Yes I have they're very, very, very nice peeps...":D

I have also just started using the Place Bets on the Financial Markets with PartyMarkets.com Spreadbetting and CFDs platform live. I received 250 pounds bonus and to correct the person before; it is TOTAL stakes adding up to the amount of the bonus before you can withdraw it. So 250 pounds of stakes not so hard to build up! Also new (apparently it is new, but I just started using the platform so ALL is new to me!), is new margining that lets you manage risk much better. It is also sensitive to your stops. I will let you know how it does in the future.

So what is good about this FXCM?
One of the conditions stated by Partmarkets.
2.3 be resident in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland;

You are from Germany, aren't you?

I think most "serious" SBer's - of which I am not one (yet) - have more than one account anyway. To my mind, there's no point having one account that is a white label of another, so you might consider a combination something like:

CityIndex - PartyMarkets/Finspreads/etc. -small stakes, good for testing.
IG Index - don't know if they have white labels - big range of markets, open 24hrs, plenty of muttering about slippage / stop-running / on the boards here.
CapitalSpreads - PaddyPower/ETrade/DealingDesk - tight spreads, no re-quotes, seem to be supportive of Trade2Win. No guaranteed stops.

This would mean you could make a comparison before every bet if need be, assuming you have the cash to leave some margin parked in each account.
Yes, there could very well be a point of having a white label setup offered by the SB you are using. This is in case you need to hedge your position, or if there is some other temporary issue with you main SB. Otherwise, you are correct, one needs several SB depending on the instrument you are trading and present market conditions.

Yes, there could very well be a point of having a white label setup offered by the SB you are using. This is in case you need to hedge your position, or if there is some other temporary issue with you main SB. Otherwise, you are correct, one needs several SB depending on the instrument you are trading and present market conditions.

I see your point, but is this really possible? Given that any single SB company won't let you have a long and a short open in the same instrument, can CapitalSpreads not tell that you are the same person who has the opposite position open at Paddy Power?

paddypower is not alternative for CS u should use diffrent firm as an alternative provider ...

I see your point, but is this really possible? Given that any single SB company won't let you have a long and a short open in the same instrument, can CapitalSpreads not tell that you are the same person who has the opposite position open at Paddy Power?
Yes, your question is valid. I guess, usually, they will not allow it. However, if they have an altogether different platform under the same provider it will work. I have tested it and it worked fine for me. The best is of course as suggested, to have a different main provider, in that case they will not be able track you down through your name, address and IP address.

Last edited:

IG allow you to go Long and Short the same instrument at the same time - no problem at all.