Looking for a new Spread Betting home...will be moving from IG...Tips welcome

Thanks Jack - didn't know that until I found another thread just the other day - I will try them at some point.
I wasn't to impressed by the spread on the indices. I guess one uses them while trading FX.

So the time has come to move from IGindex!

I have had some niggling doubts with the puredeal platform and IG itself for a while and am therefore in the market for a new primary account.

So far my options and what's going for them (Based on literature and demo account experience.) I'm looking for your help to expand this:

Cityindex- Decent platform, competitive spreads, established and experienced, works smoothly on a Mac (I switch between windows and Mac depending on whether I'm mobile or not!)

Partymarkets- As above, plus they seemed to be slightly ahead in terms of incentives. They currently are offering a tempting long-term rebate scheme. Although I can't see the benefits through my demo account it looks like with the amounts I trade I could receive a healthy chunk (10-15%) of my spreads back each month.

Cmc don't fit my needs and have a pretty high-pressure team that are demanding exorbitant start capital (Amounts that I have available to trade with, but I resent their attempt before even finding out what my wishes are...)

GFT have a nice platform but it's a bit unstable on my systems...nono there.

Please help me out with any experience you have of shopping around. I am really most interested in any sites that will work to keep me as their customer...one big gripe with IG has been that instead of making life easier for trusted traders with them, things only get harder. No incentives, no perks...I shall be transferring my substantial account away from them soon!

Do NOT under any circumstances go with FINSPREADS: useless thieving con artists.

So the time has come to move from IGindex!

I have had some niggling doubts with the puredeal platform and IG itself for a while and am therefore in the market for a new primary account.

So far my options and what's going for them (Based on literature and demo account experience.) I'm looking for your help to expand this:

Cityindex- Decent platform, competitive spreads, established and experienced, works smoothly on a Mac (I switch between windows and Mac depending on whether I'm mobile or not!)

Partymarkets- As above, plus they seemed to be slightly ahead in terms of incentives. They currently are offering a tempting long-term rebate scheme. Although I can't see the benefits through my demo account it looks like with the amounts I trade I could receive a healthy chunk (10-15%) of my spreads back each month.

Cmc don't fit my needs and have a pretty high-pressure team that are demanding exorbitant start capital (Amounts that I have available to trade with, but I resent their attempt before even finding out what my wishes are...)

GFT have a nice platform but it's a bit unstable on my systems...nono there.

Please help me out with any experience you have of shopping around. I am really most interested in any sites that will work to keep me as their customer...one big gripe with IG has been that instead of making life easier for trusted traders with them, things only get harder. No incentives, no perks...I shall be transferring my substantial account away from them soon!

I hear good things about CAPITAL SPREADS.

OT, but anyone else notice that IG's Dow price seems to have been about 4pt lower than the rest this week?

What about the platform available? I have looked at Capital Spreads, ETX Capital, IG Index, FXCM, City Index and Selftrade. They all have their own platforms, some good, some not so good, but none offer Metatrader yet, apart from one - Smart Live Spreads, which offer MT4 as their platform. Nice, though a few Forex pairs are missing at the moment. Anybody else tried them , and could comment on tightness of spreads, dealing efficiency, slippage, requotes, or mysteriously hit stops.... I'm thinking of signing up, but just have a demo account at the moment.

I hear good things about CAPITAL SPREADS.

If these guys didnt pay their T2W protection money, I could equally well tell you some right horror stories I've had in my dealings with these charlatans :LOL:

My advice, for what its worth is stay well clear.

Do NOT under any circumstances go with FINSPREADS: useless thieving con artists.
Well, this post proves very clearly that one has to form ones own opinion by trying them out personally. Cityindex (Finspread is white label of Cityindex) is one of the best SB around, this going by my own my own experience trading with Cityindex.

If these guys didnt pay their T2W protection money, I could equally well tell you some right horror stories I've had in my dealings with these charlatans :LOL:

My advice, for what its worth is stay well clear.
The same goes here.

Read some bad review about CityIndex in the past but as I understand they considerably improved with the introduction of the new system (is it about 5-7 years ago?).
Now I can only find good review about City.
I personally use CS and find them good enough to trade with. Was amazed with the range of markets offered by IG as well.

As most of the people lose they start blaming the brokers and stuff. Some think they need MT4 or 0 spreads to be successful... LOL.

I've been with IG for 6 years and at times they annoy the hell out of me, and puredeal occasionally 'does things' which i find rather dodgy. As a result I don't use it for daytrading FX. However, there doesn't seem anything better around, and nothing with the range of instruments and markets. CUstommer support is always instant and pretty much 24/7, and they let you trade instantly rather than wait for funds to clear. New charts hack me off, but I just have found anything that warrants a wholesale move.

I've been with IG for 6 years and at times they annoy the hell out of me, and puredeal occasionally 'does things' which i find rather dodgy. As a result I don't use it for daytrading FX. However, there doesn't seem anything better around, and nothing with the range of instruments and markets. CUstommer support is always instant and pretty much 24/7, and they let you trade instantly rather than wait for funds to clear. New charts hack me off, but I just have found anything that warrants a wholesale move.

Hi Redson,

I have tried several other spread betters and to be honest IG is still the best (IMHO). CMC are atrocious, and many of the others don't have the flexibility offered by IG.
As for charts, I would suggest using Metatrader (free demo) and IG's tear off tickets - I day trade FX and the pricing is pretty much point for point - I never get stopped out of IG without seeing that I should have been on the Metatrader charts, which is great because I don't get all conspiratorial about IG hunting my stops. Anyway, if you do find somewhere better than IG, let us know.

Hi Redson,

I have tried several other spread betters and to be honest IG is still the best (IMHO). CMC are atrocious, and many of the others don't have the flexibility offered by IG.
As for charts, I would suggest using Metatrader (free demo) and IG's tear off tickets - I day trade FX and the pricing is pretty much point for point - I never get stopped out of IG without seeing that I should have been on the Metatrader charts, which is great because I don't get all conspiratorial about IG hunting my stops. Anyway, if you do find somewhere better than IG, let us know.
Yes I might give IG a try when they offer 1 point spread on the Dow. I noticed they have cut the spread on some of the currency pairs, so I guess 1 point spread on the Dow soon will be followed.

Hi Redson,

Dumped CMC three years ago. Found the platform unusable, attitude stank as well. ETX looks good.

Yes I might give IG a try when they offer 1 point spread on the Dow. I noticed they have cut the spread on some of the currency pairs, so I guess 1 point spread on the Dow soon will be followed.

They've cut E/U to 0.8 - and it WAS pretty stable at 0.8, far more so than CMC, but I have noticed the last couple of days that the spread spends nearly as much time at 2 as it does at 0.8 - which is a bit annoying. I don't know if this due to market conditions or whether it was a marketing ploy to get us 'leavers' back, only to increase the (average) spread again. I'll be watching closely and will carry on with my ongoing search for the perfect SB company :cheesy:

Dumped CMC three years ago. Found the platform unusable, attitude stank as well. ETX looks good.

CMC's platform has become decidedly worse since the recent change - and also unimpressed with their attitude.

I remember looking at ETX sometime ago, but got no further, would be good to let us know how they are if you open an account with them.

Am also keeping an eye on FP Markets | CFD Trading Broker and Spread Bet Provider UK | DMA | CFDs Trading Platforms | Contract For Difference
they claim to offer a demo but it is 15 minutes delayed and unable to take demo trades, which is a complete waste of time. I don't normally need a demo account, but will have to if I move to DMA because it will be completely new for me. I also got a bit suspicious when he said trades can be opened at 1 pound a point - if so, how can it be DMA...?

They've cut E/U to 0.8 - and it WAS pretty stable at 0.8, far more so than CMC, but I have noticed the last couple of days that the spread spends nearly as much time at 2 as it does at 0.8 - which is a bit annoying. I don't know if this due to market conditions or whether it was a marketing ploy to get us 'leavers' back, only to increase the (average) spread again. I'll be watching closely and will carry on with my ongoing search for the perfect SB company :cheesy:
It means they have variable spread on the currency pairs. If that is the case 0.8 spread is not as good as it seems. It also says "from 0.8" on IG's website so the spread is not fixed. The perfect SB company, no such a thing.:)