Live Trades now showing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok im done for the day. there was about 14 traders at one time in the room today. I made live calls on the YM and made 61 points. if you base it on 1 lots it be over 200 points.

I be back in the room tomorrow for more live trade. if anyone like to join.

sun

A quick thank you again to you Sun123 for all your help and hand holding today. Without doubt I would have ended up in a major losing postion at the end of today without your advice. Pity I cut short the major move (against your advice) at the end but as it was I ended up in profit anyway with a major confidence boost.

Thanks again and I'll be back tomorrow!

Zzoom.

Sun,

Will join you when I get home around 5.

Any chance you could post a log of your entries/stops/exits on here at the end of the day? You've already done a lot by the time I usually join in so I don't see everything.

Thanks,

SQ

Well guys we had a good 4 days.chatting about the market,and Live Calls trading the Dow.during the past 4 days I done scalp trades and what I call semi postion trades,looking for a trend.

I feel the scalp trades are to fast for some.They usually go like this. I look for a target of 10 ticks as soon as the market moves 5 ticks I sell 2 lots. my stop is then moved to break-even, I now look for another 5 points. holding my last 3 lots, in total 10 points. if this target is not hit i get stopped out at break-even, by this time I have coverd cost and made some money out the trade. My platform let me do this. one click of the botton,and the platform does the rest. all you do is set the parameters.

Today I had a good start up 27 points. I then looked to go long on the sell off. for short up thrust. but my tools was not working this time. Then i found out, dam Oil was making a new high. and I didt have my oil chart up today. so I lost all my gains. I then made a few more trades all live on in the chat room and come out with 11 ticks for the day. not very good day for me. But have made 116 points.in the past 4 days and all these was shown live.

It is hard work giving signals and trading, so I have decided to only do this every other week. so to keep it fresh.Although Frugi will take over next week with some live calls.

sun

Last edited:
sun123 said:
It is hard work giving signals and trading, so I have decided to only do this every other week. so to keep it fresh.Although Frugi will take over next week with some live calls.

sun

NOOOOO :cheesy:

I just stumbled over this thread after the close today and was looking forward to seeing you in action next week sun. Well, I guess I'll have to settle with Frugi then :p

Good to see that the chat is active again. If I remember correctly Mr.Marcus had a few nice calls in there some time ago...

It's always interesting to follow other traders making live calls during the day. I'll be in next week to see how you guys are doing.

Appreciate the effort, sun and Frugi.

-Skog

Sun, Frugi et al,

I popped in a couple of evenings (before I got ordered away to eat :rolleyes: ) to watch what you were about. Very interesting it was too and much thanks to those who participated, particularly Sun and Frugi, since it can't be easy keeping both "trading" and "chatting" balls in the air at the same time - I hope it didn't cost anyone any valuable points.

For new spectators it would be useful to know precisely what is being traded and off what charts (if any) - I know Frugi uses 3min,4min for example. That would enable them to follow the story in the context of the trader. Could be put on this thread since it would soon disappear amongst the chat. Or do I ask too much ;)

Thanks again Sun and Frugi and well done on the points gained.

jon

Thanks you all who came to the Live chat room for Live Dow signals.We had a few Newbies in there and some old pros.I done some scalp trades.But I feel these are to fast for the Newbies and swing traders.Next time I be in the room I will only give what I call semi postions trades.(SPT)

We manage to get 116 points in 4 days. Next time in the room I will try to talk you through the trade a little more. as we be trading the SPT trades. so there is to be more time at hand. Also it be less stressful for me. I was thinking of trading in the room every other day. but I think the better approach is trading live signals every other week. This will keep the room fresh.

For the ones who like scalps. I can call the moves as I see them for short term thruts.up or down. let me know if you like this in the room.

You may ask why I do this. Well, another trader help me trade .so now I like to share. I been in the game my self about 7 years. trading 4 years full time. I lost a ton at one point. The key to my tern around was getting out of bad trades early. some times I will be wrong on getting out early, but over time this will save you. Take the small loss. and let the winners ride.

Yes, I know basic stuff,"but how many of you will follow it".

Sun

Sun what are the costs for you doing business ? what spread do you have to pay on ym minis and what comission per round trip does it cost ? and whats the figure for 116 points divided by number of trades for the week ?
rgds fxmarkets.us

Hello FX

The cost for trading the YM is 1 tick spread my commission range from $4 to $5, i got more than one account. I know what you are saying 116 points divide by how many trades I done. That would work like this 67 trades dived 116 1.7points

But it wont not show the true pitcher some trades I trade 5 lots and on others I trade just 2 lots..if you average it out over 4 days I be trading around 2.8 lots on Avr. 116 points.divide 2.8 lots = 324 points based on 1 lot.hope that have helped.

sun

In the light of the email I received from TwoWay Futures ( not sure if they should have a thread all thier own ), I am going to forward-test an intra-day Dow strategy.

( Due to the wide SB spreads, I have looked at the Dow from a 15-min or 30-min time-frame. swing-trading over 3-4 days.
With the 2 point Dow spread from TWF, 1 or 2 intra-day scalps may become feasible )

EDIT: on a 3-min chart !!
The strategy is a simple MA cross-over. ( 9EMA/30-WMA, with an eye on pivots. )
The strategy is from: http://www.trading-naked.com/efuturevision5.htm

Seems simple enough. Will forward test over about 2 weeks.
Take 2 positions. First position out after 10-20 ticks. Ride the other to cross-over.
Stop-loss at the recent high ( on a short ), or a recent low ( for a long ).
( BunnyGirls "cross" as a stop-loss seems arbitrary, whereas placing stops at recent highs or lows seems more logical with regards to TA. This isnt BGX by the way, its just that I think BGX is a good system, but not infallible. )

sun123 mentioned that the futures prices ca be gleaned from reading the Sept futures on CMC.
( which has a 8 tick spread ). I shall use CMC Sept Dow futures price, mid of the 8-pt -1 for a short, and mid-pt +1 for a long )

was impressed by frugis call on Friday, when she noted something to the effect that "volume has dried up. a big move pending". this was at the 10,580/90 mark.
And the Dow then moved up by about 15 ticks. ( the start of an eventual climb to around 10,640 )
Hope I dont embarrass her too much with that !!

Primary trading still swing-trading rthe GBPUSD. ( breaking even )

Hi trendie

I don't recommend CMC to trade the Dow futures. But you can use they quote if you don't have live feed. if they quote sell 10500 buy 105508. You will know that the underling market will be trading at 10505.

But I would recommend to you http://www.prophet.net it only cost $39.50 a month that is about £22.00 for live minis YM and lots more.

trendie you said frugie is a she in the profile its says Male?.sorry frugi maybe you can answer this lol :eek:

sun

Last edited:
hi sun,

yes, I am going to use CMC Dow Sept as my "guide price", during this test phase.
( exactly as you suggest )
the test phase is only to see if the 2-pt spread of TwoWayFutures is feasible for intra-day trading.
once test is complete, I will of course, use more appropriate feeds.

re: frugi: WHOOOOOOPS !! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Good luck in the room today Frugi.My personal view today, would be scalping to the upside

sun

trendie said:
Hope I dont embarrass her too much with that !!
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showpost.php?p=178886&postcount=114&highlight=her

I think my avatar must be too feminine :LOL:

Seriously, thanks for the praise trendie, but there was nothing particularly clever about a calling that move: if volume diminishes to almost nothing over two or three bars then you can usually expect a little pop, although it isn't always clear which way. (As far as I can tell this works best on 1-4 minute charts). Given that we'd broken the top of a W formatiion at 600 on the futs then had a low volume test of it, I thought up was more likely than down.

Also thanks for the support everyone. I can't promise to make live calls but will try and do something vaguely useful. I believe another more experienced (than me) trader might be making some calls as well, while sun has a well-deserved week off, which would be excellent.

People should be aware that although I am scraping a living from f/t trading it is by no means a luxurious one and my skills have a long climb ahead before they get anywhere near the upper echelons of this relentless war for profits.

I've started using Bracket Trader recently (thanks for the tip Rossored - now I just need to get rid of those horrible noises it makes :) ) and it has a neat live trade chat room post feature to save typing in any trades manually. Trouble is, it usually displays them wrongly, so bear with me if the entries/exits don't seem to add up.

chnage of plan with regards to my plan.
I shall just use the CMC Dow-Sept-fut bid-price. ( wont bother subtracting 4 or anything ).
after the dust has settled, I will clean up the data.

saves on-the-fly calcs.

Sun,

Just so I understand properly - your 116 points last week was with an average of 2.8 lots, so your result so your net result would be 116*2.8*$5=$1624. Is that right - and is that before or after commisions? If so, it's a lot more respectable than I originally realised!

Thanks,

SQ

senyoqeso
Yes, you got it. after commission is taken out.

Frugi
How did the day go in the room today ? and how many was in there

sun

Status
Not open for further replies.