Liquid Capital Markets Ltd

Do you have to dress appropriately for this test? looks like its only 20 min and no interviews thereafter. also when the results will be ready?

btw...mettraders test is extemely easy - standard shl. and the only difficult thing about it is the crappy calculators they provide.

Do you have to dress appropriately for this test? looks like its only 20 min and no interviews thereafter. also when the results will be ready?

i can't believe people still ask this. would you rather feel over dressed or feel like a scruff in front of a propspective employer who is wearing a suit? and which is the employer going to be more impressed by? always put on a suit and polish your shoes...

I didn't, don't think anybody did in all honesty! However, the question is whether you randomly filled in what you had left because of the negative scoring. I'm not sure whether they score you for what you had left at the end, or whether they only do negative scoring for the questions you missed that were sandwiched in between the questions you did (does that make sense!?). It would be grossly unfair if someone got a better score for guessing the last ten questions rather than somebody who might have got more questions right but didn't guess the ones they had left...

Let me know if you hear from them. The last session was on Friday I think, so hopefully feedback will come soon!

hey. i did this test and i finishd it in 17 minutes. it was all questions like the online ones you get for major banks and the efinancialcareers test and so very simple. the music, which annoying at first was quite entertaining towards the end (i had queen, which i am a big fan of). i just got an email inviting me to complete a second round test which consists of 24 inductive reasoning questions. these are much harder than the test ones but worth practicing anyways.

the next stage they say is probably the final stage. they say they will conduct another inductive reasoning test (shl based) to test you didnt cheat or something, but the rest i don't know.

i'd be interested to hear more about this as it seems to have changed in format to older tests described here.

also does anyone know, its £32k base and then bonus, how is this structured. if somebody works there, id be interest in a private PM to find out some info.

not yet, but it has only been 2 days since the close of the test. also, they said it would be 3 weeks to find out the results of the first test.

i did this test in mid-may and i found out in july... thats a lot more than 3 weeks. anyways, here's to hoping we find out within the week.

I'm taking part to the last stage.. does anybody know what is it like? they say it is a logic test + trading game

I have. Was sucessful so onto the last stage. Looking forward to it actually. What days did everyone go for?

Optiver test format

I have a question.
Is optiver's 8 min-80 question exam paper based affair or screen/computer based exam? I heard that only if you clear 8 min exam, you are allowed to proceed on to the later stages. So, i think it would be screen based test. If anyone knows about it, kindly please clarify.
Thanking you in obligation

i did the optiver test : its paper based. and they mark it right there on the spot. isnt hard because i dont think many ppl even get half way - i didnt hehe. there were 12 ppl sitting it with me only one guy got the pass mark of 54/80 of the first test for the derivatives trader roles. rest of us were told to kindly leave and thanked so dunno what happened next. the requirement for wholesale trader is less i think 47 if i remember.

i did the optiver test : its paper based. and they mark it right there on the spot. isnt hard because i dont think many ppl even get half way - i didnt hehe. there were 12 ppl sitting it with me only one guy got the pass mark of 54/80 of the first test for the derivatives trader roles. rest of us were told to kindly leave and thanked so dunno what happened next. the requirement for wholesale trader is less i think 47 if i remember.
Well I was able to clear first stage, and passed it with 55, but got bumped out in second stage. Hey do you know some other prop firms in the city? even if they require a numerical test...

Interested in buffting's question too, is everybody here in the UK? They actually have a US division they are just getting started small right now but w/ the strength they have in Europe I doubt it stays that way for long. Any US guys around here?

stay away from liquid capital, i have had a friend work there and he found it very unprofessional. They told him that the training would be 6 months, then when he started they changed it to 2, then they made them sit tests everyday which they were scored on, and although he met the criteria that they set out, eg the required average for the tests, comfortably they still decided to let him go without any warning and without valid reason

Liquid Capital are fine. They have their own way of assessing competeance and ability to trade in the format they require.

The Junior regime is not fun and is a lot of work but you get a lot out of it.

As far as being let go I was and I was given plenty of reasons as to why Liquid was not for me. I still have many friends there who are enjoying it.