Kools tools for time

Am I right in thinking this applies only to double top/bottom patterns? I use time for other patterns to indicate a cycle is over and this looks like a useful approach to one I have yet to apply time to.

fridaysaction-1.png

Options: I agree with the bit about the after the fact, specially by those who make lots and lots of money writing the books.
Two things I like about Miner: the non-nonsense approach, and the fact that he put his money where his mouth is.
Koolblue: I said that if you make money with it, then by all means, go ahead; I would too.
Just pointing out that that price/time cycles are not new.
And no, you won't hear much by those who use them, options; for that, you must visit their own forums, like The Delta Society and The Market Matrix.
Boy, do they make noise in there!

Eduardo.:D

May I suggest that for those who are getting confused with the count to start from the end (or very nearly the end,dependant on high or low bars) of a trend and not mid trend (yet).
Give yourself more of a chance to 'see' it.

Last edited:
Check out page 13 on the price thread for the answer!

I think i'm being extraordinarily stupid. I don't get any of this at all. Don't think i'm counting the same as anyone else either. Back to primary school for me.

Going back to re-read, and re-read.

I think i'm being extraordinarily stupid. I don't get any of this at all. Don't think i'm counting the same as anyone else either. Back to primary school for me.

Going back to re-read, and re-read.
Don't put yourself down like that, girl! You wouldn't be posting here if you were stupid; besides, most people are scared about this trading business, and you are not. C'mon, do justice to yourself!
New techniques/strategies are never easy to implement first time, specially when they have been designed by someone else; give yourself time, and don't try too hard - you'll get more frustrated.

Eduardo. :)

Im the one whos stupid ,not you girl! I misscounted! heres the correct chart! Perfect? no, but pretty dam good , eh?
anotherexample.gif

I cant help but wonder if i could see just to the left of this chart a couple more bars, would i have nailed it? Sorry about the first chart, late night!

I cant help but wonder if i could see just to the left of this chart a couple more bars, would i have nailed it? Sorry about the first chart, late night!

Thanks for the kind words guys :).

By george, i think i'm on the verge of a discovery! Finally getting it now.

Really quite genius if this works consistently.

Genius?, no..but innovator? YES! No body in the world uses such simple techniques, cause whole industries have been built around fancy programs,systems, and high priced advisory letters! There all going to hate this, but my motive is simply to show how one or 2 simple tools can make you just as successful as the most expensive computer program! Any way, corny as it sounds , i just hope these 'Kools tools' help in your present systems! GOOD trading all!

WS,of course you can start your count back 6 bars at the '946.9ish peak'. continuing on my bar#1 is your bar6and so on till you get to bar33 your next good peak. The problem of course is this is not a very' clean' cycle because bar 34 is also the same high! and in fact so is bar 36 and 37! So which do we use? And what is this telling us? My interpetation is that this is giving us a 'range ' for this particular cycle low from 33x2= bar 66 to bar 37x2= bar 74 .Probably not entirly useful to you if your in a short trade, but lets see. IF you just take the avg of this range(74-66) you would get bar number 70, right? do your count and bingo! But realistically, i would have exited at the first possibility (most conservative) exit bar 66 and missed a bit of that move. The point here is that there are virtually an infinite number of up and down cycles all occurring at the same time.This chart is a good example of that. At a glance isee at least 13 ups and down scalps possible. Thats where your technical indicators, and price projections come in. They help you decide whether to be trying for a long(upcycle) or short(downcycle) but they all work! Remember , on any given cycle, there is no guarantee how far up or down for that matter! Again ,thats where price projection and my mov avgs and boll . come into play.But if used properly, (in conjunction with the other tools) they will always keep you from getting 'burned' very badly.My intention in disclosing this simple little technique was to help others 'refine' there already existing methods. For instance, if already in a trade it might help you decide a good exit strategy,etc.

Kool,

Thanks for the clarification i understand where you are going with that but i am trying to figure out is how will i spot that when i am looking at live charts, do i have to follow the immediate bars(high/low) in the trend or is this something i will learn with experience?

This is very exciting am learning a whole new world of trading appreciate your time and efforts.

WS.

Kool,

Thanks for the clarification i understand where you are going with that but i am trying to figure out is how will i spot that when i am looking at live charts, do i have to follow the immediate bars(high/low) in the trend or is this something i will learn with experience?

This is very exciting am learning a whole new world of trading appreciate your time and efforts.

WS.

same here... which bar to choose once we reached know the bottom or top?... any info on that issue will be helpful.

OK,WJ,AKOLA, and NINE , have all asked excellent questions. With practice ,and experience youll get better at this. No holy grail here! Imean, lets face it, if a method determines a low area within a bar or so, isnt that a powerful tool you can use in con junction with your other technical indicators? Think of it this way, if 2 bars next to each other have nearly the same high which do you use? Iguess the bottom line is,you dont know! I usually go with the bar that seems to start the cycle with force, but mindful of the fact that i could be off by 1-2 bars. thats where cross referencing with a shorter term chart can help. After all, on a five minite bar that appears to be a high, is the high made in the 1st min. or the 4th min? that could make a difference, right? So always use smaller term charts,for 'refining' the cycle as it nears completion. It would take a while to explain, but a candle can also give a clue as to the action on that particular bar.

kool can u please upload those chart once again or can u email it to me for reference?

thanks..

also can u post some charts from monday? my email is [email protected]

thanks

i tired ur chart here @ 6.15 PM on sunday it worked for 1 pt gain..

Kool,

I tried your technique on forex worked like a charm, spot on target :) Tried on another time frame was off by two candles but then i realized i was missing "+1" for initial count and voila right on the peak.

Hopefully as you mentioned above will learn by experience.

Thanks,
WS

Todays Action ...1 Min Chart PS : ( Vo ,stands for Vowater, a 'student' of my work at mypivots .com, where we trade ,who is getting quite good at it)

Koolblue,

I have a question based on the above chart. Your student has shown where the count started and finished and I would like to know why it was not at the point I have shown in the attached chart ?

Paul

Attachments

• 5th Nove.jpg
    5th Nove.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 247
Koolblue,

I have a question based on the above chart. Your student has shown where the count started and finished and I would like to know why it was not at the point I have shown in the attached chart ?

Paul

That is a good question! Although I believe it could have to do with the fact that the two prices were almost the same that he used. If he had first used the top you asked about to make a forecast the second top would have shown up before the forecast time for the first top. Then he could have RE-forecast with the second top.
That would be my guess

BUT

With cycles within cycles both forecasts should have come out and arguably only the second worked.

It is a very good question , i chose the points i chose because they were the hightest points in that area.. IE: The high i chose is higher than the high that trader 333 talks about.it just appears to be a 'bigger' and hopefully more important cycle. also i had much lower price proj than the point at which trader333's cycle would be expected to bottom(or end ,if you will) By the way, how can you say it didnt work! do your count and it hits right between those two little lows at 963.75 and jumped to 967 ! true you can say it was off by one bar but even if you took the trade at its expected low you would have had a couple of handles! Remember, you dont know how good the bounce will be! Thats where price proj. and tech. indicators come into play. And finally, as it turns out i actually took that trade! went long at 965.00 ,missed jumping out at 967 and was stopped out at 953 i think, then immediately was looking for 959 if memory serves.Lol ps: still had a pretty good day tho! you can review it all at the mypivots website. HOPE THIS HELPS!