Kools tools for time

CORRECTION: UP THERE WHERE I SAY" I WAITED FOR SINCE MAR. SEE WHY?" i of course meant dec. Im sure you understand if you have studied all these threads. Sorry, im not very computer literate!

Also note, counting from the may peak to the aug peak(1234) would seem to confirm dec as the low. EITHER way dec to jan there will be a major low! Take it to the bank!Rofl(i will) One more thing , if you want any more, rate this thread.

Want a hoot? CHECK OUT MY REPLY TO A QUESTION ON THE 'PRICE' THREAD .PAGE 12 I THINK!

It's WILD how close this is to my favorite method to trade the forex. Not quite the same as I don't go from peek to peek or low to low for my counts. Also if I add a bar it's because of a gap.(Almost never happens with forex.)
So, am I to understand you correctly that you use for instance peak 1 to peak 2 to find a low?
Or from low 1 to low 2 to find a high?

H W Steele

P.S. 5 stars (y)

Not sure what u mean by peak 1 to peak 2, but if i understand correctly , yes. Look theoretically , its like RN elliots waves within waves within waves. almost like a house of mirrors! basically any peak to any peak even within a move will telegraph its own little cycle end . whats cool is when you count a cycle, lets say from a 5 min chart and its end is maybe 25 min away. After say 10 min maybe you go to the 1 min chart while your waiting. Suddenly your counting a little cycle in the middle of the downtrend that your waiting for(which is now 15 min away, right?) and boom! its projected end for the smaller 'intracycle' cycle is at the same time! I call these confirmations. it happens in my price proj. all the time and what a rush. I know i tend to get a little carried away, but sometimes its almost 'spiritual' to make a trade like this when no one else in their right mind would. I can trade against or with a trend with equal effectiveness! And thats a big advantage over any other system i know of.

Where i fear most newbies to my work will go wrong is the first time or two when they call and trade a cycle dead nuts, they will just use this tool only, and thats a big mistake! Thereis no 'holy grail' in trading. this tool maybe powerful, but it is best used inconjunction with price projection theory and simple indicators like i use. The handful of people ive shown this to( you could count them on two hands) sometimes have that tendancy. After all its addicting as hell, the first time you know that in 4 min the price will be say 2.25 handles lower or something and then likely bounce! It sometimes freaks me and ive been doing this for a few years!

Interesting information koolblue. I'll study some old charts and see if it works for me.

Would you be kind enough to expand on the decision making process in two areas:
- when you add 1 (2) days to the cycle (at the moment I'm going, if its a strong move add)
- when you have two bars at the same low how do you decide which one is the end point and/or startpoint.

Last edited:
Clarification ?

1F-OneMinutechartone.png

Kool,

On your posting page 1- #4 the candle where you marked "bar one?" if you count back 8 candles the peak is at 946.9 ish or so, can you please tell why didn't you choose that peak ?

More questions to come as i try to understand the chart hope you don't mind.

Thanks,
WSJ.

Kool really appreciate your work. i too have couple of question but i will ask you one by one.

u got number 15 as a good low. do u trade or go long @ 15 or wait for the cycle to end to take any position?

love ur trade @ mypivots...

thanks once again... i will be doing some paperwork with ur chart over the weekend.

Kool really appreciate your work. i too have couple of question but i will ask you one by one.

u got number 15 as a good low. do u trade or go long @ 15 or wait for the cycle to end to take any position?

love ur trade @ mypivots...

thanks once again... i will be doing some paperwork with ur chart over the weekend.

Hi Akola - Thanks for your posts over at mypivots.com. Kool uses bar 15 as confirmation to start counting bars. Bar 1 to bar 15 + 1 bar = short at bar 32. He doesn't take a long at bar 15.

Kool, please correct me if I am wrong. Also I was able to short at 11:54 yesterday based off of bar 26 on the es for 5 quick and easy points. Kool please bring on the price projection as many of us would love to learn it and incorporate it into this method. Thanks!

Kool, This is very cool stuff. Im alittle lost though. I cant seem to get this to work on a 5 minute chart. Is ther anyway you can bring up a 5 minute chart from friday with some examples on it? Thanks

WS,of course you can start your count back 6 bars at the '946.9ish peak'. continuing on my bar#1 is your bar6and so on till you get to bar33 your next good peak. The problem of course is this is not a very' clean' cycle because bar 34 is also the same high! and in fact so is bar 36 and 37! So which do we use? And what is this telling us? My interpetation is that this is giving us a 'range ' for this particular cycle low from 33x2= bar 66 to bar 37x2= bar 74 .Probably not entirly useful to you if your in a short trade, but lets see. IF you just take the avg of this range(74-66) you would get bar number 70, right? do your count and bingo! But realistically, i would have exited at the first possibility (most conservative) exit bar 66 and missed a bit of that move. The point here is that there are virtually an infinite number of up and down cycles all occurring at the same time.This chart is a good example of that. At a glance isee at least 13 ups and down scalps possible. Thats where your technical indicators, and price projections come in. They help you decide whether to be trying for a long(upcycle) or short(downcycle) but they all work! Remember , on any given cycle, there is no guarantee how far up or down for that matter! Again ,thats where price projection and my mov avgs and boll . come into play.But if used properly, (in conjunction with the other tools) they will always keep you from getting 'burned' very badly.My intention in disclosing this simple little technique was to help others 'refine' there already existing methods. For instance, if already in a trade it might help you decide a good exit strategy,etc.

thanks eman for your response.

but which candle to choose is my second question. Kool choose no 15 candle and added 1 to it. same thing on second trade where kool choose no 5 candle.

once again thanks

Hi Akola - Thanks for your posts over at mypivots.com. Kool uses bar 15 as confirmation to start counting bars. Bar 1 to bar 15 + 1 bar = short at bar 32. He doesn't take a long at bar 15.

Kool, please correct me if I am wrong. Also I was able to short at 11:54 yesterday based off of bar 26 on the es for 5 quick and easy points. Kool please bring on the price projection as many of us would love to learn it and incorporate it into this method. Thanks!

FRIDAYAGAINFOREMAN.png

I just came across this thread and all the piccies have been removed! Please put them back up i want to see!

Charts are still there

No they are not. The last chart is but the others have gone courtesy of bucketshop or what ever it is called.

Kool and others, Could you post to the thread direct as jpegs or Gifs please. That way they will stay.

Easy way to take screen shot is to hit ctrl and printscreen sysRq buttons at the same time.
Open paint and paste into that. then save as jpeg or gif and upload directly to the thread.

Last edited:
Several missing, I can only see the last one mate :(

I want to know what is going on ! :) this looks like an interesting thread but i can't figure out what the theory is without seeing the charts.

my mind doesn't think well in cycles anyway so i'm probably better of staying away :). Much too logical for me
:cheesy:

Perhaps someone can post the theory in simple speak.. something like 'cycles for dummies' please? List points like, 1, 2, 3.

I'm having a slow day, forgive me :).