Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think I must add to that as well

I trade in the "now"

and I type and comment in the "now" - with the exceptions of prices I give in advance

From 2 34pm on EU was a perfect example

That comment - in advance was so accurate - I must have had luck as well

Last edited:
I will tell you now

You will get fed up before me ;-)

Also for the sake of others who have said please ignore them and carry on -

I will do that

So from now on you will be ignored on this thread

Nothing actually lined up with time windows for GU - instead the 44 /45 mins past the hr was used - as similar early on today a 14/15 min was used - This will happen as nothing is 100% in fx trading - and because it needs to remain dynamic to always make it difficult to follow

i expected price to test above 72 and try 75-80 before giving up

This still might happen - but this time if we went over 75 -80 we would have cleared the dynamic R which of course as moved with time

price went on GU down from 71 to 57

We need under 53 and the low of 51 going for more scalp sells

Above 71 - then we go into another tease zone area

Said 15 mins ago

Last edited:
Maybe you took the trades maybe not not my point but i must say your numbers are all over the place !! :

1- At 2:34 you said clear scalp buy at 2:30 , you didn't say "buy" not to mention the 4 minutes delay . And price was at 53 not 49 then dropped 5 pips b4 going up again so you should be stopped out .

2- A few minutes earlier at 2:32 you said "EU now made 3748 - under 56 still scalp bearish" so under 56 bearish but at 2:34 you said :" clear scalp buy on EU from 2:30 pm at 49" . !!

3-And how magically you managed to close your longs now at 60 price now is at 30s , "so say 10 pips net for me" is not a live call , you are managing your exits in hindsight at best price in the past .

4- Then you said "Taken the rest of scalp sell - 30% off at 53 - not waiting to see if 56 is hit" what that means ? you just said clear scalp buy , are you long and short at the same time ?

5-Then you said need 47 and 44 to sell - or 58 - , you cant make a live call by "or" and "need" , then manage it in hindsight afterwords .

?!!

dude ......you really need tot get out more .............and perhaps do some scalping as well ?................the markets have been moving very quickly over the last few hours .............so calls come and go ..........fast !! :cool:

N

i do scalp both ways in any bias

That is what I think you do find unusual

A 70 pip fall over say 4 hrs could be over 90 pips for me by scalping both ways if I concentrated on it over that period

I appreciate you might find it so unusual to traders scalping or intraday trading with the trend or bias

But as I have said - a trend to me is any move over 3 pips

I have no real bias and so will scalp - if I can on any bounce or turn which to me might be worth over 7 or 10 pips

I find those moves high probability at certain times

Hope that explains more ;-)

I would have been protesting as loudly as other before .........but I am now slowly adapting my systems to embrace faster volatiliy than I have ever dared before .............its very uncomfortable ............but then as most of the best traders in the world say ..................Trading is not about being comfortable :cool:

N

dude ......you really need tot get out more .............and perhaps do some scalping as well ?................the markets have been moving very quickly over the last few hours .............so calls come and go ..........fast !! :cool:

N

I am scalping ...

I am sorry I am not selling anything - ie nothing at all - repeat not one thing connected to forex trading

Why should I ??

I would have extra responsibilities and work to carry out - for what another $200 - 2000 per week

Similar this thread is most important for me - yes its my thoughts and comments and prices etc that I check with during the day

I am not an alert service

i do not want any traders really trading from my calls everyday

I want traders to see it can be done by an unusual method - day in day out

I want interaction - but with genuine fx traders who can read PA - or are at least studying and trying to get their

I don't want get rich quick traders - nor traders with no brains or just big mouths and no ears

Ideally it would be great just to have say 3 to 10 followers - and for me to see how they all progress over 6 and 12 months

Major Magnum as been first genuine test case.

I have taught him what I basically do - totally free of charge during last 4 months

He knows it will take 1000@ of live trades to get to a really great level

Even at 20 per day that's really 2 yrs of further study and learning - even though he will be profitable during that period

So if i suddenly see say 25 or 40 members / guests following - I then think - how many are genuine traders etc and how may want to troll / moan and complain

Its so obvious with what has happened in the last four months and more this 2 weeks - you just dont have to be Inspector Clouseau to understand it ;-)

They have the their old mates to stand up for etc - they are the last chance to get rid of me off this forum they think they own ??

They are a dying breed -

Shame and sad

Nothing actually lined up with time windows for GU - instead the 44 /45 mins past the hr was used - as similar early on today a 14/15 min was used - This will happen as nothing is 100% in fx trading - and because it needs to remain dynamic to always make it difficult to follow

i expected price to test above 72 and try 75-80 before giving up

This still might happen - but this time if we went over 75 -80 we would have cleared the dynamic R which of course as moved with time

price went on GU down from 71 to 57

We need under 53 and the low of 51 going for more scalp sells

Above 71 - then we go into another tease zone area

Originally said 45 mins ago approx

Price reached 66718 and stopped

Still below the tease zone - but now a new zone - say 74 to 54

20 pips to sort itself out

Above 6674 GU more likely bullish again for more scalp buys

Under 54 and 50 - further scalp sells for lower

In between

Not bothering with - Off for my tea

See you later guys

Regards

F

Just looked again on GU

Try buying 54 to 58 area

need to line up in time zone

Under 54 and 50 - more scalp sell

See you later

fxmo

Can you help me out please and tell me how many trades you've taken today so far?

I just been through the thread from your arrival this morning and I'm damned if I can work it out. The confusion between where you say buys/sells could be made and where you have actually bought or sold has beaten me - particularly when a few of your trades were at levels contrary to the buy/sell could levels you set.. And then I come across exits on things I hadn't even thought you were in.

I appreciate NVP's point of scalping in fast moving markets which don't stay static for long, but you've got admit it's horribly confusing for the reader.

It's also the third or fourth time you have just shrugged off apparent anomalies pointed out by tar. Now, he may be entirely up the creek, but I think they are things you should tackle properly.

Last edited:
@Forexmospherian
thanks for you efforts in this thread
and really would like to learn form you
regards .. (y)

I appreciate NVP's point of scalping in fast moving markets which don't stay static for long, but you've got admit it's horribly confusing for the reader.

NVP's point is irrelevant here , i myself scalp of the 15-seconds candle chart - when i scalp - , i know it can change buy sell buy sell .. etc in fast moving markets , infact i dont consider trading of the 5 minutes chart as scalping .
If you look closely this morning GU and this afternoon EU , his numbers was all over the place , this is not due to fast markets , this is mixing between buying and selling levels ...

Last edited:
fxmo

Can you help me out please and tell me how many trades you've taken today so far?

I just been through the thread from your arrival this morning and I'm damned if I can work it out. The confusion between where you say buys/sells could be made and where you have actually bought or sold has beaten me - particularly when a few of your trades were at levels contrary to the buy/sell could levels you set.. And then I come across exits on things I hadn't even thought you were in.

It's also the third or fourth time you have just shrugged off apparent anomalies pointed out by tar. Now, he may be entirely up the creek, but I think they are things you should tackle properly.

Hi Jon

Been off having my tea

OK - today I only traded 4 pairs - EU - GU - EJ - AU

Looked at trading Swissy twice - but in end ignored and stayed with EU and GU

Total number of trades - 18 trades

Pips from total - 152 pips ( does include double counts on 4 free trade)

Bad trades - 3 - total loss 8 pips

Net pips for day 144 pips

It will always be difficult for a non scalper or non fx trader to follow what I do

I think if the y followed over say 4 hrs a day for a month - they would start to understand my concepts - but might be scared stiff to carry them out - other than on a demo

You have to remember as I have said many times in the thread over the last four months

I trade in the now and split my sessions into 15 -30 -60 min sectors and use time windows

I trade off the tick chart and 1 min

I don't like forecasting ahead too far - as I try to have NO BIAS

I will take scalps during the day in both directions in any rally - ie up or down

I am not put off going against any hourly 4 hourly daily or monthly trend

I have no regard for normal rules on direction of the market - other than money management etc

I like to only take 8 -20 trades a day

If need be on a very busy day that may rise to 24 or even 28 trades - never any more

If i am not available over 4 -6 hrs in day - will just try and obtain min 50 pips - whether that takes 3 trades or even 8+

This thread is really for me - and only other traders who understand scalping and my methods - which of course are not standard text book - or simple ;-)

I have thought about just forecasting levels say 5 - 60 mins prior and then just "wrap" my prices either side for traders to understand ie

R or resistance at say 4567 -4571 - scalp buy above 73 and 76 - scalp sell if price drops under 64 and 60 ( ie a wrap)

Trouble is with my type of scalping and accuracy I am after - that way can be too woolly and could end up being a double whammy in a tease zone - ie fading both ways

If I take 20 trades - then I will make approx 50 - 70 comments on those fx pairs

ie- 1 before plan - 1 at entry - 1 at free trade price and 1 at exit

sp 20 times 4 comments - 80 a day approx

I then end up answering normal questions and discussing new and calenders say another 5 - 10 comments

All other comments are then either irrelevant - or answered by others

I thought you may already know that I am ignoring questions raised by Tar and Sonofcablemonster

Unfortunately they still believe I am a dodgy vendor or / and Mr SB

Until I get an apology - they are off my answering list

Hope that explains more Jon

Regards

F

PS - it is most important you refresh the thread in busy times under every 30 seconds

Also I have had to say to newbie traders to please not follow me - as not an alert service and also will confuse them etc

Hi forexmospherian

If I understood you right you were trading against the trend on the eurusd today. I went long 3 times in the eurusd today: trade 1 at 15.34 pm 1.3754, trade 2 At 16.34 pm 1.3746 and the last trade at 18.05 pm 1.3728.
I didn't reach my 10 pips profit for trade 1 and 2 but succeeded with trade 3. As you see they are all in the time window and I hope you can help me with a couple of questions:
1 . For trade 1 and 2 it went my way with 3-4 pips before it turned. How do you exit your trades that dont work? Do you sell out before the next time window ie 1551 for trade 1 and 1651 for trade 2? I I waited to the next time window hoping the trade would go my way but it didnt and I had a small loss.

2. What do think is acceptable in terms of pips for getting into the trade from the most recent support. For me trade 1 was 6 pips from recent support, trade 2 was 6 pips away while trade 3 was 3 pips from recent low. Is that acceptable?

3. If you went long on the eurusd this afternoon, could you tell me when and more important why you took the trade? Feel free to reply me with a private message if you think that is more convenient.

Keep up the good work and don't waste valuble trading time and energy on people that interfere with your great thread.

Best regards
Swedenfx

Hi forexmospherian

If I understood you right you were trading against the trend on the eurusd today. I went long 3 times in the eurusd today: trade 1 at 15.34 pm 1.3754, trade 2 At 16.34 pm 1.3746 and the last trade at 18.05 pm 1.3728.
I didn't reach my 10 pips profit for trade 1 and 2 but succeeded with trade 3. As you see they are all in the time window and I hope you can help me with a couple of questions:
1 . For trade 1 and 2 it went my way with 3-4 pips before it turned. How do you exit your trades that dont work? Do you sell out before the next time window ie 1551 for trade 1 and 1651 for trade 2? I I waited to the next time window hoping the trade would go my way but it didnt and I had a small loss.

2. What do think is acceptable in terms of pips for getting into the trade from the most recent support. For me trade 1 was 6 pips from recent support, trade 2 was 6 pips away while trade 3 was 3 pips from recent low. Is that acceptable?

3. If you went long on the eurusd this afternoon, could you tell me when and more important why you took the trade? Feel free to reply me with a private message if you think that is more convenient.

Keep up the good work and don't waste valuble trading time and energy on people that interfere with your great thread.

Best regards
Swedenfx

Hi Swedenfx

Thank you for your supportive comments

I will try and answer you questions during the next 30 mins or so and will use a EU chart or 2 to try and explain more

Regards

F

Swedenfx Questions

Hi Swedenfx

Re Questions on the EU

I have attached 2 or my charts on the EU today

They are both 1 min - with showing full day and the other showing the time of your 3 buys this afternoon evening

I had not drilled down onto a tick chart but kept it to a bigger picture

First regarding the time windows - I need to explain them more to you

Some days - you can nearly take a trade off them - without lots of other clues

Today you needed to study PA more and also review the actual times you choose

If you have 18 mins to look at whether we can take a reverse trade - its a case in those 18 mins to find the time all lines up

I am aided by all my LRs

i know my charts are laughed at and look far too busy - which they are - but they end up giving me the accuracy I need

I can trade naked - but not half as well

Time is important - but also PA - ie HH's and HL's even on a 1 min chart - plus the main one - S & R's from interim levels given during the day

The more recent counts for me rather than just 4 hrs or Fibs etc

Question 2

Try and always be in from 3 pips from a high or low - 2 is better over 4 to slow

Normally the interim highs and lows come after a quick 3 to 10 pip move

Its watching PA over hundreds of hrs for a start on the tick or 1 min to get you more in tune

Then if you look on my charts - my LRs give me additional clues going over price to say scalp sell and under price for scalp buy

If you are able to get in within 2 or 3 pips and then you dont get a HH or LL which ever way - at least you are OK whilst above the low or below the high - even if the move is only 6 or 8 pips - you might catch and net 3-6 pips OK

I will explain more on sweet spot scalping - they are the moves that do say 12 -25 pips in under 15 minutes in time - when so many factors come together

I prefer say 3- 5 of those a day - if you can catch them rather than say 15 or 20 small scalps for only say 2 -7 pips

The ones you took were out on timing - circled better times - although yes its so easy in hindsight

But also all my longer Lrs were saying if the bounces up stay under say 15 pips - it will then drop again - so If I had been scalping all the EU from say 2 00 pm onwards to say 5 00 pm - i should have made more pips on scalp sells than scalp buys

Saying that any green pips are worthwhile - but its then choosing the better options

You will never be right all the while

today I had 3 small losses - other days I might have 2 or 4 - but over 15 -20 trades its no problem

I think MM will also be able to assist here now - as within 3 -4 months he has grasped the method well - and some days he is brilliant

Its just takes loads of practice and method along with ironing out you errors to get there

I will guarantee you that if you try every day - even on another account - (demo or live but small stakes) 10 -20 trades - by end of month you will improve and have learnt more

After 3 months its starts to make sense

After 6 months you should be discovering more yourself and even telling me ideas to improve.- its amazing how we all see different clues etc etc

Question 3

From 2 to 5 pm was a few more shorts for me rather than buys

But after 5 pm and 6 pm - it started to change - and if you got a free trade on after a scalp buy after say 5 pm at 3728 -30 - you would have made 15+ pip and can stay in if price stays above 33

I scalp buy and sell based on time - PA - S&R''s - money flows ( stop hunts) and get my directions from LR's and trendlines - as well as OS /OB on small frames

i am looking at waves within waves - I don't want really 2 pips waves- I want 10 -30 pip waves - and I never 100% can say a scalp will reach a target

You either take 100% off if you are happy after 7 or 10 or whatever pips - or lock in 2 or 3 pips on a trail - or take 70%+ off - allowing you the 30% still to go back to original stop - and still make a profit by the fact the 70% out trumps money wise the 30%

I hope that starts to make sense

All the best for March

Regards

F

Attachments

• EU - 4314 END.JPG
    EU - 4314 END.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 108
  • EU - 4314 3 SCALPS.JPG
    EU - 4314 3 SCALPS.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited: