ICC Forex System testing

exited at +8, makes back what I lost earlier and it's all a bit bunched up & late in the day to believe any trend is going to develop

wow, clicks back to chart and it's dropped 30 pips in 30 secs:eek:

and more...don't know what's prompted that, but it's a very lucky escape

possibly down to Portugal's debt rating being cut, but Bernanke's giving another speech and that usually gives traders the jitters... tricky to stay abreast of all this cr*p when you're just trying to make a few pips!

€ & £ still look very weak against Yen, so it's tempting to get hooked on again....but it's 4.15 so I'll call it a day - I've had more than my share of good luck already

€ & £ still look very weak against Yen, so it's tempting to get hooked on again....but it's 4.15 so I'll call it a day - I've had more than my share of good luck already

This is a gilt-edged example of when not to listen to your thoughts and just do what your charts are telling you to do. If I'd ridden these two signals properly I'd now be 200 pips better off. 200.:eek: How many moves d'you get like that in a week? And it was staring me in the face...:(

Memo to self - trust charts, not opinions!

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 142
EOD Pip Report:
£$ +2 +30
€$ -9 -8 +8
€£ +5
£¥ +20 +20
€¥ +12 +39
$¥ --
total: +119

Very decent day, but could've been better if I didn't have to go out mid-morning, and could've been bloody fantastic if I stopped thinking so much and just did what my charts tell me to do (see previous post).

Key: Vertical line on the left is 8am UK time
Arrows are Entries, Ticks are successful exits, Crosses are unsuccessful exits, Thumbs
up & down are signals (and their exit) rejected through timing (e.g. lunchtime, or just
before a major economic data announcement) or through poor personal judgment.

€¥ morning trade has disappeared from chart for some reason beyond my comprehension...

Attachments

• April 27th 2010.png
    April 27th 2010.png
    53.1 KB · Views: 168
EOD Pip Report:
£$ +2 +30
€$ -9 -8 +8
€£ +5
£¥ +20 +20
€¥ +12 +39
$¥ --
total: +119

Very decent day, but could've been better if I didn't have to go out mid-morning, and could've been bloody fantastic if I stopped thinking so much and just did what my charts tell me to do (see previous post).

Key: Vertical line on the left is 8am UK time
Arrows are Entries, Ticks are successful exits, Crosses are unsuccessful exits, Thumbs
up & down are signals (and their exit) rejected through timing (e.g. lunchtime, or just
before a major economic data announcement) or through poor personal judgment.

€¥ morning trade has disappeared from chart for some reason beyond my comprehension...

100 pips in a days session......those kinda figures are what make it all worth doing (y)

N

100 pips in a days session......those kinda figures are what make it all worth doing (y)

N

Thanks Neil - I realised I should count my blessings when I heard about the Greek debt status being junked. No way I could've known that was about to be announced, so 9 times out of 10 the decision to call it a day when I did would've been about right.
It'll teach me to keep my news feed going until 5pm though!

€¥: that last 5min candle just nicked 50% of yesterday's range and fell back, so I'd probably exit here for about 50 pips were I in

€¥: that last 5min candle just nicked 50% of yesterday's range and fell back, so I'd probably exit here for about 50 pips were I in

Here's the chart

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    5.9 KB · Views: 237
ECB & IMF scheduled to make an announcement on Greece at 1.30pm UK time so probably not alot going on before that. Things seem to have calmed down a bit now.

In the absence of an ECB announcement, rumours are pushing the € (&£) back up the way they came down vs. $ & ¥ yesterday evening, currently pausing at various fib levels.
Imagine how far it'd dive if they came out and said they couldn't come to an agreement...

€$ stalled at 38 fib, now threatening to break 23 - whether it goes all the way back down depends firmly on Berlin:whistling

Attachments

• temp.png
    temp.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 141