Hypnotherapy & Trading

Hey i actually had my 1st session, i was a bit freaked out at 1st because it was raining and i arrived at some massive mansion similar to where you would expect Dracula to live, i was greeted by a fat old man who then proceeded to say lots of strange things to me. It was not focused on trading my 1st time however i think it has already had some effect as the things we worked on are getting easier, i'll be seeing him in a few weeks time - i'll keep you all updated

Hey i actually had my 1st session, i was a bit freaked out at 1st because it was raining and i arrived at some massive mansion similar to where you would expect Dracula to live, i was greeted by a fat old man who then proceeded to say lots of strange things to me. It was not focused on trading my 1st time however i think it has already had some effect as the things we worked on are getting easier, i'll be seeing him in a few weeks time - i'll keep you all updated

Nice to see you are off to a good start DB but I think I will wait around a bit until they perfect brain transplants !

Ahh the "Fat Old Man", are you sure he never slipped one up your jack see while aying all those strange things to you.:smart::smart::smart::smart::LOL::LOL::whistle:whistling

Lol i didn't go "fully under" as i was concerned about what was going to happen, i think the next time i will relax more and let go and go in to a proper hypnotic state... if i do then who knows he probably could abuse me and i wouldn't even know :LOL:

Lol i didn't go "fully under" as i was concerned about what was going to happen, i think the next time i will relax more and let go and go in to a proper hypnotic state... if i do then who knows he probably could abuse me and i wouldn't even know :LOL:
Thats what you think mate. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::cool::cool::cool::whistle:whistling:whistling

Recently came across two products on this subject. One was a book by UK based coach, Catherine Stott, who has written a book,Hypnotrading. She seems to have some tracks on her site for traders. I am interested in some feedback.

Kam Dhadwar is another well known trader who seems to be using NLP for developing an optimum trading mindset.

Another interesting product is a subliminal track by Talmadge Harper, titled Unleash the stock trading genius. Talmadge is a professional hypnotist,not a trader. He seems to have a lot of positive testimonials for his hypnosis tracks, especially what he calls "ultra deep relaxation" which was developed in 1980's by Walter Sichort.

Would be great if others can share their experiences if they have tried using these methods.

It's been years since the last post, I wonder what happened. Did the hypnotherapy help? Or was the guy a charlatan?

I've tried them

I've tried a lot of his audios for a long time and none of them work at all. I would classify them as a scam.

I've tried a lot of his audios for a long time and none of them work at all. I would classify them as a scam.

I found his products to work amazingly well for me. Did you contact him by email or skype if you were having issues? He offers unlimited customer support. I seriously doubt he would be in business for over 10 years and have that many testimonials if it was a scam. I'm sorry it didn't work for you but I found amazing mind-blowing results. The stock trading program alone has helped me to make over 1k dollar a day.

What really made me consider him was a video he made about how our subconscious has beliefs which cause us to limit how much we make. It made alot of sense. When you think about it, it makes perfect sense. I included the link below. I recommend checking him out.

Some of that subliminal stuff consists of phrases like " gimme your money. "
Might appeal to those weak brained people who are looking for help. Some are so desperate even divine help looks good.
Pull yerself together and throw out the crap.

Some of that subliminal stuff consists of phrases like " gimme your money. "
Might appeal to those weak brained people who are looking for help. Some are so desperate even divine help looks good.
Pull yerself together and throw out the crap.

Subliminals are based on the idea that everything originates in the subconscious mind. Therefore if you want to change, change the subconscious mind through hypnosis. Its a science, divinity has nothing to do with it. Bob Proctor and Tony Robbins, both billionaires adhere to this philosophy and attribute it to their success. I would take their proven advice any day over a forum lurker who talks a lot of crap, is broke, and cannot even spell correctly. While I do agree that many subliminal are negative because of immoral creators, this does not negate the science itself. Its not about being weak, it's about understanding the most effective tool to get a result. Of course, you are entitled to your own opinionated ignorance, so please carry on.

Subliminals are based on the idea that everything originates in the subconscious mind. Therefore if you want to change, change the subconscious mind through hypnosis. Its a science, divinity has nothing to do with it. Bob Proctor and Tony Robbins, both billionaires adhere to this philosophy and attribute it to their success. I would take their proven advice any day over a forum lurker who talks a lot of crap, is broke, and cannot even spell correctly. While I do agree that many subliminal are negative because of immoral creators, this does not negate the science itself. Its not about being weak, it's about understanding the most effective tool to get a result. Of course, you are entitled to your own opinionated ignorance, so please carry on.

Guys on these forums are mostly failed traders so the only thing they tend to be cynical. Don't take it personally.

Guys on these forums are mostly failed traders so the only thing they tend to be cynical. Don't take it personally.

what is your definition of a "failed trader" ?

Last edited:
what is your definition of a "failed trader" ?

Failed trader is exactly that, someone who failed to be successful at trading. I would say in terms of day trading manually I am a failed trader because the amount I make is very low compared to what I make in my field of work. However, my swing portfolio, longer term investments and systems investments tend to make me similar amounts to my field of work. However, i also have a large account and therefore loads more opportunities. This does not make me a trader, i feel that makes me an investor.

Over 20 years of this I have met very few who have stayed in the day trading game. Just look at forums over the years - i was active in Elitetrader for a long time and you just don't see any of the names again years later. There used to be an ES Journal on there and i think only 2 out of 100 guys still post or trade.

Reality is that day trading is very hard.

Failed trader is exactly that, someone who failed to be successful at trading. I would say in terms of day trading manually I am a failed trader because the amount I make is very low compared to what I make in my field of work. However, my swing portfolio, longer term investments and systems investments tend to make me similar amounts to my field of work. However, i also have a large account and therefore loads more opportunities. This does not make me a trader, i feel that makes me an investor.

Over 20 years of this I have met very few who have stayed in the day trading game. Just look at forums over the years - i was active in Elitetrader for a long time and you just don't see any of the names again years later. There used to be an ES Journal on there and i think only 2 out of 100 guys still post or trade.

Reality is that day trading is very hard.

if one makes similar amounts to their field of work from the market, why not give up the "work" ? just curious.
you are ahead of mr @Kaeso in this sense :D

Last edited:
if one makes similar amounts to their field of work from the market, why not give up the "work" ? just curious.
you are ahead of mr @Kaeso in this sense :D

First I like what I do. Most importantly though is the risk associated with investing or trading - anyone who has been doing this a long time will know some years will be duds and the good years will more than make up for them.

Biggest issue new investors or traders face is that they think a weak year is abnormal. To me it was the bad years in which I learnt the most.

I would never give up a secure guaranteed income to rely solely on investments at my age - would never be able to sleep at night.

First I like what I do. Most importantly though is the risk associated with investing or trading - anyone who has been doing this a long time will know some years will be duds and the good years will more than make up for them.

Biggest issue new investors or traders face is that they think a weak year is abnormal. To me it was the bad years in which I learnt the most.

I would never give up a secure guaranteed income to rely solely on investments at my age - would never be able to sleep at night.

oh i see good answer. you must be making more money than you need then! i hope that i can at least go part-time one day (y)

I note that Doomberg hasn't posted since his first session of hypnotherapy.
I hope he has come through OK.

It rather makes me think of the many teachers I had at school. Some were very boring and one even got us to write down his dictation until someone found the book he was reading it out of !
However there were a very few that could make the subject interesting and I looked forward to their classes and did really well. Nobody dozed off in their classes.

:smart: