Hypnotherapy & Trading

If you are to overcome your demons, you need to look at the root causes. Anything else is a sticking plaster. Your hypnotherapist may look at the root causes of why you're not being disciplined. If he doesn't, he's just in it for a quick fix and you'll be back time and time again.

Yeah there are certainly root causes that i can think of already, if i can get to the bottom of these then i think it may have some good effects in all areas tbh

You'd have been better off keeping this to yourself. There are more therapists on here than traders. :D

I'm taking the Micky, you guys, Have a nice holiday!

Right gotta keep cheerful

Have a good one - wet inside & out

Attachments

• Santa relaxing.jpg
    Santa relaxing.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 844
You'd have been better off keeping this to yourself. There are more therapists on here than traders. :D

I'm taking the Micky, you guys, Have a nice holiday!

Yeah it's someone off here who i'm booking in with, a guy called Howard Cohones or something like that

Hi all, my first post here. I'm just getting into trading, haven't traded a penny yet other than demo account, but just researching and reading up on the subject too.

Came across this thread and as a hypnotherapist myself can definitely recommend the therapy to sort out your discipline issues. You've made the first step by noticing and accepting that you have a problem in your trading and you are willing to fix it :)

Now you can just reprogram the limiting belief and replace it with a positive one that will work for you instead of against you.

I wish you all the best and hope your therapist is good one!

Kind Regards

Matt

Yes oh master of the wondrous and dark arts - I will obey your every command

where's my chequebook - oh mighty one, did you say ?

yes I will put some more zeroes in oh saviour of the world

doh

:cheesy:

Many tradesmen hypno-babble lot are init for the money ! They aren't going to fix a guy's brain up for long, oh no they will bleed him dry little by little.

And be realistic about your efforts and chances imho. Telling oneself one is the greatest trader ever will soon crash if one isn't ! Right ?

(n)

This might be correct, but I think Doomberg is showing a winning attitude. Recognising the problem and trying to work on it. I don't think that should be criticsed. He knows he needs to change himself. Hypnotherapy might not work, but then he can try something else.

Good luck with it Doomberg. As with trading, beware those who offer you short and easy solutions that are too good be true. Let us know how it goes, and how it's affecting life and trading.

Is this what you need ?

Calling herself ‘The Naked Therapist’, Sarah White believes arousal can aid people in taking control of their lives and that is why the attractive psychology student offers therapy sessions in which her clients discuss their problems while she strips off her clothes.

“The goal is to show patients I have nothing to hide, and to encourage them to be more honest,” explains White.

“For men in particular, seeing a naked woman can really help them focus, look deeply into themselves and speak their minds openly.”

Only $150 per hour..

Bring it on baby

:rolleyes:

This might be correct, but I think Doomberg is showing a winning attitude. Recognising the problem and trying to work on it. I don't think that should be criticsed. He knows he needs to change himself. Hypnotherapy might not work, but then he can try something else.

Good luck with it Doomberg. As with trading, beware those who offer you short and easy solutions that are too good be true. Let us know how it goes, and how it's affecting life and trading.

Like I said before, his mistake was in posting his intentions on here. Those who mock probably need help themselves but will not admit it.

I consider self-hypnosis to be meddling with the unknown, in my case. A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing. Even the picture you posted I hastily avoided looking at for too long. :D, just in case I go to sleep and don't wake up!

That's a bit tongue in cheek but, still, i'm not about to start that kind of therapy on me, just to make a few more quid at my time of life.

Even the picture you posted I hastily avoided looking at for too long. :D, just in case I go to sleep and don't wake up!

:LOL:
I don't know too much about it - just found that on the internet. May be a good thing for trading - if I can relax and achieve better concentration without too much interference from greed, fear etc.

:LOL:
I don't know too much about it - just found that on the internet. May be a good thing for trading - if I can relax and achieve better concentration without too much interference from greed, fear etc.

It's a bit of a joke but who knows?

That internet diagram may have some unknown individual sitting behind it just waiting to get his hands on our trading secrets, bank accounts, etc. He would not have to risk hacking, we'd give all the information, freely, if asked and we would not even know about it afterwards!

I think often people make up a load of 'trading rules' which are so hard to follow that it gives the brain an easy excuse when they lose. We then go around and around in a 'if only I could follow the rules' cycle of despair. In reality there are no rules. This is why it is hard to be a discretionary trader and think systematically, getting used to there being no right or wrong is hard.

In terms of the really dumb overtrading which deep down we know is dumb it is something only the individual can stop. One day you will just decide to stop - or you will quit, or you will be broke, nobody can make the decision for you. Similar to smoking, you can go on all the courses you like, all therapy, all the patches, might work for some. What will work for all is just deciding to stop, end of. No complaining, no bull5hit all in the mind.

I've realized for a while that i have a talent in trading but if i had to name one big down fall it would be my emotions getting in the way and the breaking my own rules. Anyway i'm seeing a well known Hypnotherapist in the New Year. I asked him if he has any experience with traders and he mentioned that he has helped day traders get control of their emotions and to become focused at what they are setting out to do and ignore their demons etc, this sounded very interesting. You know what i'll give this a shot... i'll be going there to see one in the NY anyway over other career stuff and life stuff (mainly about discipline)

What's your views? Anyone ever done this?

Depends what you wanna get out of it. It might help you with your personal emotions generally, but it wont improve your trading.

I've realized for a while that i have a talent in trading but if i had to name one big down fall it would be my emotions getting in the way and the breaking my own rules. Anyway i'm seeing a well known Hypnotherapist in the New Year. I asked him if he has any experience with traders and he mentioned that he has helped day traders get control of their emotions and to become focused at what they are setting out to do and ignore their demons etc, this sounded very interesting. You know what i'll give this a shot... i'll be going there to see one in the NY anyway over other career stuff and life stuff (mainly about discipline)

What's your views? Anyone ever done this?

hey D

I am not being sarcastic here - what is your evidence that you have a talent in trading ?

N

Listen, if its only a matter of a few hundred $$ and you believe that it will be the difference in making great cash as opposed to good cash, then go for it... you've got nothing to lose!