How tard can it be?

FTSE touching 7400, GBP hit 1.2440 this morning and is on its way back up again.

I have clearly shown day after day there is no negative correlation between the two.

FTSE touching 7400, GBP hit 1.2440 this morning and is on its way back up again.

I have clearly shown day after day there is no negative correlation between the two.

Oooohhhhh yes there is. :cool:

You might be overlooking CPI/RPI/HPI numbers released this morning. News makes a difference.

Don't bet on FTSE falling. Read somewhere something about 8000 by end of the year. That should pencil in nicely with further poops in the pound.

BoE may try and talk it up by making noises on interest rates but if inflation touches 3% and starts going higher, markets will celebrate as will the government coz that's their strategy as a few commented on paying off national debt.

Anyhow that's the News and FA. on TA 7410 is PP-R2 for me, where I'm thinking it may take a breather back down to PP-R1 @ 7382.

On FA it doesn't look good for UK consumers who'll be squeezed at both ends. Inflationary pressures and if rates rise, higher mortgage payments. FTSE should be ok though as rest of the World grows and comparative fall in pound makes earnings look good.

Just my tuppence worth. :rolleyes:

You might be overlooking CPI/RPI/HPI numbers released this morning. News makes a difference.

I think that's the point, 'if' there is some correlation then it is one of a number of factors and its effect is so small it should not be used to influence a trading decision. :)

When is ftse going to wake up to the fact Europe will want to move away from London and have a major European exchange, not some offshore Island. Thats going to hit the banks.
Then when there is no conflict between the US and Russia over Syria oil will fall.

Both of those are going to hit her hard.

You haven't shown it but today £ not hurting and sometimes the ftse can just be good value.
Could be that £700m a week not going to Brussels :D

You haven't shown it but today £ not hurting and sometimes the ftse can just be good value.
Could be that £700m a week not going to Brussels :D

I hope its going to the NHS like they promised. :)

Attachments

• 3000.jpg
    3000.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 138
No worries. I have a FTSE short open and everyone is telling me that the pound pushing higher is going to make me money, I hope you guys are right! (y)

Attachments

• Pound.png
    Pound.png
    76.4 KB · Views: 148
If I sound but-hurt and salty its because I'm but-hurt and salty :LOL:

Sorry guys. :clover:

https://www.dailyfx.com/forex/techn...udies-Say-About-The-FTSE-100-NFP-On-Tap-.html

What Does NOT Influence The FTSE 100?

Correlation with FTSE 100

DAX 30 0.88
S&P 500 0.66
B. Commodity Index 0.56
Crude Oil Brent 0.49
U.S. 2yr Trsy. Yield 0.40
U.K. 10yr Yield 0.35
U.K. 2yr Yield 0.15

GBP/USD -0.07

Gold -0.16
EURGBP -0.43
EURUSD -0.44

Can anyone produce EVIDENCE, FACTS, DATA to support the claim the FTSE is negatively correlated to the pound!

Try this.
Looks like it might stop you moaning at last. :D

https://www.google.com/finance?chdn...RENCY:GBPUSD&ntsp=0&ei=CdHsWNmCO5bDswH7w6KIAQ

Thats all for this morning.

Mad FTSE holding me back.

Attachments

• 11apr.png
    11apr.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 157
If I sound but-hurt and salty its because I'm but-hurt and salty :LOL:

Sorry guys. :clover:

You sound like me when I am trying my King Canute trades...:D

We all can get a bit entrenched at times

You think market should fall, it doesn't. You think market should be flat, it goes up.
Maybe time to let go and realise this is not going your way and either join in or opt out.

Now I could mention.....

Try this.
Looks like it might stop you moaning at last. :D

Hey, I set up my own Grumpy Old Man thread, I've earned the right to moan, you cant take that away from me. :LOL:

Just had a look at your link and it shows pound unchaged against the dollar "1 GBP = 1.2431 USD +0.00070 (0.056%)" and yet FTSE is up 0.69%
You've just proved yourself wrong :eek:

Hey, I set up my own Grumpy Old Man thread, I've earned the right to moan, you cant take that away from me. :LOL:

Just had a look at your link and it shows pound unchaged against the dollar "1 GBP = 1.2431 USD +0.00070 (0.056%)" and yet FTSE is up 0.69%
You've just proved yourself wrong :eek:

No I have FTSE £/$ £/€ back till June and they are in inverse correlation

Anyhow that's the News and FA. on TA 7410 is PP-R2 for me, where I'm thinking it may take a breather back down to PP-R1 @ 7382.

Just my tuppence worth. :rolleyes:

Think ftse is desperate just to touch that level for some reason, what happens then who knows.

She's absolutely not interested in what the dow or dax is doing, is it a stop run?

Well that was fun, only the ftse forced 80 points higher (from moments before the open) this morning, mind you it will soften the blow when she falls now.

I love the smell of intervention in the morning! :devilish:

Attachments

• intervention.jpg
    intervention.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 129