Can T2W be saved?

Of course it can be saved. Mr Sharky is in negotiations with some guy who smuggled a box out of Nazi Germany after WW2. The box contains a secret formula that will cure the forum of all its ills.

He'll have to hurry because supplies are limited, and demand is great

Or am I getting confused with something else ?

Nice to see CYOF getting a well deserved mention, he and his leprachaun Lou Dean still occassionally post at the other place.

If you have anything intelligent to say, come to my luvveryly propchat, bitches. Instructions in my sig. Incidentally since I've stopped posting on t2w my pnl has improved immensely.

Propboards and trade2win are run by the same person anyway. You don't have to feel bad. Maybe you could even make the forum there have something at all on it :)

Ah – but no – most of you realise that this site is in fact one of the better ones out there, so you come back and whinge.

Talk about damning with faint praise!

The only half way decent trading forum I've seen is wilmott.

I would like to see propchat become a great chatroom. It attracts new members every month. Sadly the forum on propboards has essentially nothing on it.

If you wanna join a competent site pop over... I have a reasonable degree of faith it will work eventually.

And I can post that cause propboards belongs to the same guy as t2w anyway. It's just that the chat is mine and it works ****ing brilliantly, proving I'm the worlds best moderator :)

If you have anything intelligent to say, come to my luvveryly propchat, bitches. Instructions in my sig. Incidentally since I've stopped posting on t2w my pnl has improved immensely.

Propboards and trade2win are run by the same person anyway. You don't have to feel bad. Maybe you could even make the forum there have something at all on it :)

No I wont post there :LOL:

if I ever wanted anything removing, I'd be told to go screw myself.

No I wont post there :LOL:

if I ever wanted anything removing, I'd be told to go screw myself.

:LOL:

the new boss ain't the same as the old boss, I would remove anything cause I'm not like the ***** who won't remove my ****

having said that, I understand yer caution, if I am chucked out on a whim then I can't guarantee any removals... indeed they'll probably be kept by the same reasoning I'm facing... I'm still not sure if it's due to sociopathy, insensitivity, or sadism, or at least what combination of those three... ;)

edit: it's also possible that they're being kept through stupidity or laziness. I could at least understand those.

It could even be because I've practiced losing money so long it's now turning round. :rolleyes:

It's good to see that the profit motive has made you a better trader. Are you spread betting BTW? You wouldn't want to give any of your hard earned money to the taxman now would you?

Well done Atilla, I think you are starting to 'get it' (y)

I wonder.

Monday morning, and only 160 members and under 600 guests online.

Over at Forex Factory (which is more of an American focus so should be busier later, whereas T2W is UK-focussed), nearly 900 members and 4500 guests online.

A lot of the stalwart, regular members of recent years banned, gone away or gone quiet.

The whole place festooned with adverts and awash with the lowest type of system vendor.

Where are the serious discussions about trading? I mean actual trading with real brokers, not punting on spot forex with a bucket shop, or "trading" the "UK 100" cash with a bucket shop. Or "scalping the FTSE", by which people mean "trading" the "UK 100 cash" "off" 5 minute charts.

Compare this to the standard of discussion at Elite Trader (not that I'm praising ET, but the difference is marked). You do at least have discussions about the actual mechanics of trading.

Even the banter and the humour seems to be drying up. The place is starting to become effectively a ghost town, with virtually no trading discussion, and little fun to be had.

The Hare has been pointing this out for a long time, but nobody seemed to want to listen. The decline in standards over the past few years has been remarkable. The decline from the early days when the membership included pit and other professional traders even more so.

Is T2W still really a trading site? Is it a community of traders? Does it serve a useful purpose for the members?

Or is it principally a means of putting gullible new people within reach of unscrupulous vendors and rapacious bucket shops? They certainly seem to be the focus of the site, to the detriment of post and member quality. The new book is perhaps the worst example I've seen of the misguided direction of the site. Such things in my opinion help to explain why serious people now so infrequently make serious posts on this site. I agree with The Hare's long-standing complaint - that it is pointless posting anything of quality. The management has decided that it wanted to aim the site at newbies, with the results that we have seen.

What are people's thoughts on this? Do you agree? And if so, can T2W be saved?

This will be the last thread I contribute to before I depart for warmer climes. It would be gratifying if my last act here was to provide the spark for a risorgimento.

I will tell you why this site is going down ?

1. lack of respect for good traders ...........I make + 200 - 500 points week in, week out and I show people how I make them by explaining the fundamentals and technicals . Still I get morons coming on my thread hating and being jealous........

2. I have 620,000 hits on my thread and still I receive no awards or recognition year in, year out. The only people who win awards are those that are linked with the admin team, its all in house ..........we need a meritocracy at trade2win not groupies !!

3. You should promote active threads that offer value to the readers ...........you should put the top ten threads that exceed 500,000 hits at the front page as it is obvious they are the best threads that benefit readers ...so promote them and keep the readers coming in !!

4. Offer to pay the top ten bloggers some portion of the revenue you receive from your advertisements .......They post away tirelessly for no gain but to help others. I have an ill wife and a young child, but I still find time to post and help others.......

RESPECT and giving people there due ............I never get the respect I deserve even though i forecast with 90% accuracy on my thread , day in day out , week in week out !!

I decided to leave Trade2win at one point but then I said never forget your roots ........I have learnt a lot from trade2win from my early days as a rookie trader, and I want to give that back to trade2win and want to help others achieve profitability and consistency in there trading !!

1. lack of respect for good traders ...........I make + 200 - 500 points week in, week out and I show people how I make them by explaining the fundamentals and technicals . Still I get morons coming on my thread hating and being jealous........

2. I have 620,000 hits on my thread and still I receive no awards or recognition year in, year out. The only people who win awards are those that are linked with the admin team, its all in house ..........we need a meritocracy at trade2win not groupies !!

3. You should promote active threads that offer value to the readers ...........you should put the top ten threads that exceed 500,000 hits at the front page as it is obvious they are the best threads that benefit readers ...so promote them and keep the readers coming in !!

4. Offer to pay the top ten bloggers some portion of the revenue you receive from your advertisements .......They post away tirelessly for no gain but to help others. I have an ill wife and a young child, but I still find time to post and help others.......

RESPECT and giving people there due ............I never get the respect I deserve even though i forecast with 90% accuracy on my thread , day in day out , week in week out !!

I decided to leave Trade2win at one point but then I said never forget your roots ........I have learnt a lot from trade2win from my early days as a rookie trader, and I want to give that back to trade2win and want to help others achieve profitability and consistency in there trading !!

Funnily enough - I was going to post something along similar lines.

Bottom line is that people have no respect for T2W and that is why all the shenanigans go on. If you go to BMT forum, people have a LOT of respect for Mike who runs it and they don't **** about like everyone does on here.

T2W doesn't pay it's members any respect. Take the simple 'document a trade' comp. They had a comp, then changed the rules half way through and then allowed blatant cheating. The whole thing descended into farce and I admit I was more than happy to add to the farcical fun.

It is as if T2W is run by people that don't understand what makes others tick. People like wallstreet1928 contribute a lot to this site and if T2W management thought about how to make such people stand out a bit more, it would be of benefit to the site.

Instead what we have is T2W allowing complete idiots like Howard Cohodas take over the site and even give him space where people pointing out the truth about his methods would be blocked. Howard was eloquent but he had no clue what he was doing and he had the top spot on this forum for months.

Respect is like a merry-go-round. You throw it out and it comes back to you. If T2W could figure out how to make people feel respected, then they would be paid back with much more respectful behaviour from the members.

In terms of leadership, from the members perspective Sharky is a bit wishy-washy. This may or may not be the case IRL but perhaps as well as the repsect thing, you also need a strong and evenly applied hand so that this forum doesn't look so clueless at times....

Funnily enough - I was going to post something along similar lines.

Bottom line is that people have no respect for T2W and that is why all the shenanigans go on. If you go to BMT forum, people have a LOT of respect for Mike who runs it and they don't **** about like everyone does on here.

T2W doesn't pay it's members any respect. Take the simple 'document a trade' comp. They had a comp, then changed the rules half way through and then allowed blatant cheating. The whole thing descended into farce and I admit I was more than happy to add to the farcical fun.

It is as if T2W is run by people that don't understand what makes others tick. People like wallstreet1928 contribute a lot to this site and if T2W management thought about how to make such people stand out a bit more, it would be of benefit to the site.

Instead what we have is T2W allowing complete idiots like Howard Cohodas take over the site and even give him space where people pointing out the truth about his methods would be blocked. Howard was eloquent but he had no clue what he was doing and he had the top spot on this forum for months.

Respect is like a merry-go-round. You throw it out and it comes back to you. If T2W could figure out how to make people feel respected, then they would be paid back with much more respectful behaviour from the members.

In terms of leadership, from the members perspective Sharky is a bit wishy-washy. This may or may not be the case IRL but perhaps as well as the repsect thing, you also need a strong and evenly applied hand so that this forum doesn't look so clueless at times....

DT

Agree with a lot of that, but it somewhat kills the argument a bit to see Wallstreet's thread as one of the featured threads on the Home Page and its four star rating shining out on the thread list in New Posts.

I don't think you can expect (nor would welcome) T2W to make judgements about what is sound and what is unsound - members do that. HC, for example, only had top-spot because of the chorus of members pointing out the frailty of his methods and anything that was "blocked" was only when some of that chorus went ott in terms of the guidelines, particularly in terms of personal insult.

jon

HC, for example, only had top-spot because of the chorus of members pointing out the frailty of his methods......

jon

jon, you have a very selective memory.

I was banned over the HC business. When I returned from my ban on the FRONT PAGE of TW2 was a huge article promoting trader33's interview with Howard.

He had top spot, because T2W decided in its collective wisdom to interview him, promote him on the front page of your website, and to lend him credability (just as you've decided to lend credability to someone who claims to have cracked a secret code, contained in a box smuggled out of nazi Germany)

To add insult to injury, practically every member of the t2w team was out in force protecting HC.

DT makes some good points, and as usual the t2w team are in complete denial. The bottom line is this though, if IB fees and ad revenue is increasing, keep doing what you are doing.

Wall St makes some good points too. All members are held in absolute contempt, regardess of their input to the site. Take for example Mr Markus who used to regularly teach in the old t2w chat room. He never recieved any thanks or acknowledgement for what he did, nor was he even suggested as a possible candidate when the annual awards came around. Anyone running a trading site should have grabbed that opportunity, Mr Sharky probably didnt even know or care what was going on there. Chat room stopped working due to technical issues and a valuable resource was lost. People notice these things, and draw precisely the right conclusions.

Last edited:
Those of us who did thank Mr. Marcus were invited to his current chatroom so I'm not sure what your problem is Bunny.

edit: You have gone to great lengths and incredible trouble to constantly advise t2w on how it could and should do better with every specific bit of minutiae possible explained, at length, seemingly ad nauseum. You clearly have the gift, the knowledge, the experience and most importantly the time for creating and flawlessly running the perfect trading bulletin board. Learning lessons from how t2w have totally messed it up (sic) and obviously having the inside track on the tricks of the trade that enabled CB to claw their way to the top of the trading bulletin boards pile, you’re all set I imagine.

I wonder what’s left for you here then?

Last edited:
(just as you've decided to lend credability to someone who claims to have cracked a secret code, contained in a box smuggled out of nazi Germany)

:cheesy::D:LOL::p;)

Bravo bravo

hehee ...........I'm going to save that quote buddy , the funniest thing I have heard all week !!

its made my day

hahaha!!

Keep up the good work (y)

Take for example Mr Markus who used to regularly teach in the old t2w chat room. He never recieved any thanks or acknowledgement for what he did, nor was he even suggested as a possible candidate when the annual awards came around. People notice these things, and draw precisely the right conclusions.

(y):clap:

Utmost respect to Mr Markus ......

Too many charlatans on Trade2win, but dont worry one by one I will eradicate them !!

:mad::devilish:

Those of us who did thank Mr. Marcus were invited to his current chatroom so I'm not sure what your problem is Bunny.

I occassionally correspond with Mr Marcus over at the other place, so no problem at all. Nor am I in search for a chat room, I'd rather poke my eye's out with hot needles than participate in such a thing :LOL:

I used Mr Markus simply as an example of yet another member who contributed, and was treated with absolute contempt.

Why would I want to run a trading forum for heavens sake ? I'm busy enough doing what I do without having to deal with that kind of stuff. But thats the point isnt it, to do it properly does take time and effort. If you leave it to manage itself, you get precisely the sorts of isues arising that constantly happen at t2w.

...............DT makes some good points, and as usual the t2w team are in complete denial......... .

yeah, that's why i agreed with him i suppose :)

So far as HC was concerned I was only thinking of "top spot" in terms of the active threads.

You are right that HE was protected - from the personal abuse that was hurled at him, same as any member has a right to expect. Yes, too, the interview article was a poor do - it did get the lowest rating of all so far, i think - and was taken down.

Whilst talking about being in "complete denial", I would say you are in complete denial that T2W tries to do its best. At least I don't come out with downright lies as you do all the time - " T2W has a deliberate policy of dumbing down, and promoting misinformation" being you latest.

jon

90% accuracy

200-500 points a week

Good for you but is there any proof for your claims mate ? beside after the event results .

you've said "for no gain but to help others" but aren't you a commercial vendor ?

Last edited:
You are right that HE was protected - from the personal abuse that was hurled at him, same as any member has a right to expect. Yes, too, the interview article was a poor do - it did get the lowest rating of all so far, i think - and was taken down.

jon

Of course members have a right to be protected from out and out abuse. No arguments there, but conversely, when you have someone with an adgenda such as Howards, T2W has a duty of care to ensure that he's handled appropriately. That would probably have stopped a lot of the abuse he recieved

He's not the first, and wont be the last to play that particular game.

But the real issue is this. There are people who have in the past made huge efforts to share, and in one way or another helped t2w to achieve the prominance and success that they enjoy today. Those people are not even acknowledged, let alone interviewed and promoted.

I can think of half a dozen people who could have chosen, but the t2w team decided that Howard was a better candidate. Any way you want to look at that it shows a serious lack of judgement.

The reasons why the article was removed have still not been made clear. That article was staunchly defended by t2w staff and mods, both publically and in PM's to concerned members. You where adamant that the article was sound, and would stay, and the next minute its gone.

The latest PR spin is that the article was removed as it recieved a low rating. There are other articles with low ratings, and yet they remain ? so whats going on, really ?