How many pips does a pro rake in per week on average?

not me dude - I've said time and time again I just make tea. But I know what smarter people do.......

No you're just not entertaining anything anyone else says. All people said is you cant quantify earnings for a trader on a website like this. There will be peopl ewho lose people who sb pence peope who sb pounds people who make hundreds per day and people who make thousands per day. It all comes down to personality, ability and resources and even then its highly unlikely that two people in the same situation will come back with the same results.

Gamma tried to explain that pros dont think of things this way. I know who I'd be listening to if I wanted to trade.

excuse the simple talk,

of course results will vary greatly, the issue from my perspective that everyone has with my responses, is that I have answered the OP directly, in a manner through which i am only refering to and can speak only for myself.

everything else is b*ll****, to me, seriously, i have not edited a post which changes my viewpoint, only to express myself a little clearer than what I initially did.

GO BACK AND READ THIS THREAD AGAIN, FROM THE BEGINNING, and take an unbiased view of teh proceedings.

its pathetic....I am expressing my views and opinions only, not what is right or wrong.

Do they know the answer to this question:
Does it happen gradually or in jumps?

Kind Regards

what - the how much money can I make question? No-one starts off in the market knowing that kinda thing realistically. But over time, if you're good, you will probably have a better idea of what the parameters are. But of course your trading style also affects how consistent your p+l is on a daily basis, so potentially you need a decent sample size days wise to have a good idea of what an 'average' week is. And that doesn't even take into account changing market conditions, which is a big factor these days.

what - the how much money can I make question? No-one starts off in the market knowing that kinda thing realistically. But over time, if you're good, you will probably have a better idea of what the parameters are. But of course your trading style also affects how consistent your p+l is on a daily basis, so potentially you need a decent sample size days wise to have a good idea of what an 'average' week is. And that doesn't even take into account changing market conditions, which is a big factor these days.

YES :clap: so what is YOUR answer GammaJammer

what do YOU make trading?

if everyone answered this question directly, based on their own experiences, based on their own results, the OP will have his 'Average' answer.

yes, so what is your answer GammaJammer,

what do YOU make trading? if everyone answered this question directly, based on their own experiences, based on their own results, the OP will have his 'Average' answer.

That's not going to happen though, is it?

Come on GJ, after yesterday even I could have told you they could do it again, and I don't even look at the franc except to note the sterling value of my trading account decrease :(

Want to be my tea boy :p?

don't worry blancspa, I'm smart.

Let's pick a subject to talk about. How about acorns?

All I want to know is, on 'average' how many pips do proffesional traders bring home every week consitently?

You don't have to tell me your personal average, just the average of lets say the top 1% of traders in this industry?

A good answer would be something like...

150 pips per week or something like that.

I just want the number, I am a noob when it comes to all the fancy lingo people are using.

Thanks for trying though guys:)

All I want to know is, on 'average' how many pips do proffesional traders bring home every week consitently?

You don't have to tell me your personal average, just the average of lets say the top 1% of traders in this industry?

A good answer would be something like...

150 pips per week or something like that.

I just want the number, I am a noob when it comes to all the fancy lingo people are using.

Thanks for trying though guys:)

There is no way to answer this ...

What market are you asking about? Forex, fixed income, stocks, carbon emissions, crude oil, commodities ...
There are are so many time frames to choose from and so many different styles. Someone scalping a tick chart thinks 20pips is a great trade, someone trading the hourly or daily charts is looking for many times that amount ...
A market maker in some markets only makes a few pips but does many many trades.
You have to be more specific.