How many Pips per week on average? seriously now!!

secondly, and fortunately, there are a handful of forum members who are genuine, look for the ones that make trading calls before they trade e.g. look at Leovirgo, Forex Day Traders Thread and BBmac. They all however suffer from forum tarts like arabiannights and other teenagers who try high jack threads, I suppose this reflects society as it is today, they are no longer driving around in saxo's and standing on street corners with hoody's but now have broadband!!

Hey Pippy, BC was not talking about you. Your thread is duly mentioned here. [But only after my name :LOL:]

This thread is more like pappadums,beer and vindaloo without the blue chilli.

So blue chilli post some live account statements of hundreds of pips a week.

I don't make hundreds of pips per week, never said I did! Why would anybody be daft enough to post a live statement?

This is silly, he wasn't playing 'mine's bigger than yours', his *mistake* was to post this post/thread in the wrong section. On reflection had Chilli handled it better the responses would have been more empathetic. Agree with Dinos' point above...good to see you back btw Bud:)

I agree BS, but it's pretty hard to be 'diplomatic' when you're not talking to someone in person...

so, as a demonstration what sounds better, the fact that this account made 128 pips or the fact that it made 25% ROI??

hmm, i think ROI is more important than pips but call me inexperienced.

maybe you should re-title this thread. "how much ROI do you make per week on average?"

So how many trade calls have you seen on the forum saying.. I'm long Eur/Usd at 14400 with a target of 2% ROI??? Can you imagine the kind of response you would get?

Having read the whole thing, I still can't understand what the purpose of this thread was, or why number of pips matter to anyone.

Unless you haven't discovered money management of course.

I love you Maiden22:p

I made the point a number of times that I considered that if you achieved a certain level of pips 'consistently' (over 6 months) then this in itself implied that good money management was being practised, or you would not be here or be able to lay claim to consistency!! I admit, not full proof, but nothing is...

Hi Blue Chilli,

I don't trade forex but I aim to make between 10-30 points per day. This is very short term day trading(spread betting) on certain markets etc.

I have tried many approaches and most either don't work or are far too risky.

My approach is hard work, learning and putting the hours in. In all honesty, when I first started trading, around 3 years ago, I used to take much more then 10-30 points a day but I was simply 'rolling a dice' which in turn always ends in tears.

Through compunding I generate a better stake and roll it over. Its not rocket science and I do take losses from time to time but the approach is small points but often.

I hope this helps.

Hi Blue Chilli,

I don't trade forex but I aim to make between 10-30 points per day. This is very short term day trading(spread betting) on certain markets etc.

I have tried many approaches and most either don't work or are far too risky.

My approach is hard work, learning and putting the hours in. In all honesty, when I first started trading, around 3 years ago, I used to take much more then 10-30 points a day but I was simply 'rolling a dice' which in turn always ends in tears.

Through compunding I generate a better stake and roll it over. Its not rocket science and I do take losses from time to time but the approach is small points but often.

I hope this helps.

10-30 pips per day consistently (in my view is more than adequate), I think you made a very valid point though which is also the point I've being trying to make...as you become more experienced at trading you make less pips but more money...thus...experienced traders do not make a lot of pips which is the opposite of what new traders are actually thinking. New traders set goals of making 100's of pips per day (not realistic)

I tried to 'extract' this theory on this thread but it's obvious I did not approach this in the correct way..my mistake I admit

Hey Pippy, BC was not talking about you. Your thread is duly mentioned here. [But only after my name :LOL:]

Ever heard somebody post " the mounties farted this morning , so euro /usd has support at 1.4400,some lunatic released from a mental institution was posting it "

Ever heard somebody post " the mounties farted this morning , so euro /usd has support at 1.4400,some lunatic released from a mental institution was posting it "

?? no I have not..lol...anyway.. what's going on with Eur/Usd today. I'm long at 14410 but don't understand the price action unless it is one of those days of 'EUR/USD will finish on a low 200 pips below high and then reverse all the way on Monday..who knows?

BC, don't you think that ANY mount of pips per day consistently is 'adequate'? Obviously taking into account spreads/comms etc.

you make positive pips consistently per day then you'll be rich (might take a few years) but yes ANY pips per day is good as long as consistent

he best traders are trend followers, traders who just follow a simple set of trend following rules.These rules are entry,exit , stop and reverse based on price. Successful trading is that simple and does not require much intelligence.

They do not think for themselves about trading set ups ,and do not hesitate and are immune to fear and greed cause they know nothing to fear from.No fancy indicators are used by them , just price .

This method has worked for a hundred years.The trend is your friend.
O D T

ODT, you posted the above (could not work out how to reply from a different thread)but I must honestly say "it really is as easy as that" (trying to be too clever costs money) very very wise words indeed. Got a copyright on that last para?

you make positive pips consistently per day then you'll be rich (might take a few years) but yes ANY pips per day is good as long as consistent

Are you implying that if I could make, say, <10 pips a day consistently it would take longer to get 'rich' than if i made, say, >100 pips?