How many pips does a pro rake in per week on average?

:)

best wishes.

happy trading.

You know if you are making some money from trading it doesn't mean you know everything nor does it mean that you have to be an absolute tool.

the answer to any question to do with how much you can make of how many pips you can square is completely redundant and/or subjective. FACT.

Also you should argue with people like gamma who, as a professional trader, is several levels above you in trading ability and knowledge. Esp when your point is stupid.

You know if you are making some money from trading it doesn't mean you know everything nor does it mean that you have to be an absolute tool.

the answer to any question to do with how much you can make of how many pips you can square is completely redundant and/or subjective. FACT.

Also you should argue with people like gamma who, as a professional trader, is several levels above you in trading ability and knowledge. Esp when your point is stupid.

Thanks Aaron. Equally it doesn't mean no-one else is entitled to an opinion. It's just I happen to believe that the question wasn't one that could sensibly be answered with a one liner. So I didn't.

If I'd just given a flippant answer then fair enough - I expect to cop a bit of flak occasionally (if it's a newbie asking in good faith). But not only did I hold back a bit if memory serves, but I also stated what measures the 'pros' (still hate that term) DO use. So Hopefully a constructive and relevant argument.

Anyway I have little more to add on the subject. Bored. Gonna intervene in usdchf to get things moving again. Everyone ready? 3......2......1.......PSYCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

p.s. fwiw I personally haven't gone back and edited a single post I've made on this thread, good or bad. Stand by my words.

Just thought I'd mention that

GJ

Ok dude - will keep it 'zipped' on this from now on.....

Attachments

• a_zippy_465x370.jpg
    a_zippy_465x370.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 200
there was a time when we all asked such questions, I am sure of it.

maybe not on a public forum, but certainly to ourselves, certainly you attempted to gauge the 'profitability' of this business venture, if not just skirting over the pitfulls and traps along with the risks involved.....

each and every one of you asked this question, and you have all answered it in one way or another by 'quantifying' in absolute terms to yourself what the potential reward from getting into this trading business was.

how much can i make trading?

ok, pro's make on average 1 million a day. you will make this in aprox 6months. that what your after?

there was a time when we all asked such questions, I am sure of it.

maybe not on a public forum, but certainly to ourselves, certainly you attempted to gauge the 'profitability' of this business venture, if not just skirting over the pitfulls and traps along with the risks involved.....

each and every one of you asked this question, and you have all answered it in one way or another by 'quantifying' in absolute terms to yourself what the potential reward from getting into this trading business was.

Not me

Thats what GammaJammer tryied to sort out in this ither guys head but you had to confuse him lol.

ok, pro's make on average 1 million a day. you will make this in aprox 6months. that what your after?

just get real, there are traders making vast sums of money, there are traders who know what their average take is, thre are traders who can answer this question, to themselves and can speak only for themselves.

results will vary between individuals, but if you dont know how much 'you' make, (or lose) then it is a sad indictment of your business.

No you're just not entertaining anything anyone else says. All people said is you cant quantify earnings for a trader on a website like this. There will be peopl ewho lose people who sb pence peope who sb pounds people who make hundreds per day and people who make thousands per day. It all comes down to personality, ability and resources and even then its highly unlikely that two people in the same situation will come back with the same results.

Gamma tried to explain that pros dont think of things this way. I know who I'd be listening to if I wanted to trade.