GBP/USD Entry

Author Author

peter44 said:
I have never seen such a bad trade in all my trading days.

Under water????? LOL

Your signature quote - who wrote "The road less travelled.?" :D

Here is the full text

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

I do not actively trade FX at the moment so I wouldn't normally post on this sort of thread. I only write about the things I know for sure through my own trading. However there are some basic principles of trading and technical analysis which apply to most instruments. In my humble opinion several have been violated by the thread starter and for the sake of newbies perhaps it's worth pointing them out.
1. Never tell other people what to do unless you are damn certain. They might believe you and go astray.
2. Never think " which is very strange" (post #62). The market is not at all strange and if you think it is, your understanding is not comprehensive.
3. Never say "do you believe" or "the market will come to you again" (post #67). Belief may play a part in religion and other areas of life, but in the market it plays no role except to take your money off you.
What matter are understanding and reading the facts, not beliefs, expectations, certainty, arrogance etc.
4. Never think you know so much that a stop loss is redundant. If you do neglect stops, you require assistance in the most basic of basics and if you believe they are not needed because you are or will be proved "right" you probably have a serious problem of a different type.
5. Never go against the crowd without hard evidence it is wrong. It is more likely you are wrong in the immediate short term. In the fullness of time you might be proved "right", but that doesn't matter if you are broke or have been trampled in the meantime
6. Never double up in an attempt to get your money back. It works less than 50% of the time, the rest of the time you end up disproportionately worse off.
7. Never trade without understanding the other basics. For example in this case Mohamed suggested a short in a clear up trend off a definite reversal from a bottom. Look at a 30 min chart and it is obvious. Look at the V bottom and it is obvious.
8. Never think you are "right". The concept induces self belief which is too strong to be easily over turned by the facts. Your trade is not right or wrong, it is going your way, going against you, or is unclear.
9. Never trade on your ego or for recognition or anything else except to succeed at trading. The profits follow.
10. Never follow anyone unless you can confirm for yourself that the methods work.
Richard

Anyone who puts their own money on the line based on what some random individual on an internet forum posts deserves everything they get....

Threads like this are fundamentally pointless. If the trade had made a profit the guy who posted it would become T2W's newest guru for a few days at least, with gullible types asking him how he did it. As it is, we'll probably never hear from him again, not under this screen name anyway.