GBP/USD 4hr Setup in The Daily Time Frame

No, still reading. Have not done anything for about 2/3 weeks. Do not have enough liquidity and do not want to go bust!! I am down to my last £1000.

Jason31
I understand. After I lost so much myself, nearly gave it up. I then opened an account with Oanda with just £150.00 and started using the Donchian channel alongside a better platform for the visuals. With Oanda, you cannot loose your account in the way that many do with other brokers. If you have 150 you can only buy approx 1,500 units which is roughly 13pence per pip!! This was a great for me because it forced/afforded me to trade into the bigger picture and I very quickly grew it alongside learning more. I use one moving average no.30 with the Donchian channel which is fantastic for quickly making you see the bigger trend and those within the different timeframes and their individual support/resistence levels.

When news breaks and you are taken on a 150pip ride in the opposite direction of the main trend, you are not paralysed with fear and are more likely to wait for the tide to rise again back to the main trend while all the while keeping your account steadily rising, albeit, at a snails pace but well worth the wait while your still learning live.

I am hoping to learn more here from Rolston.

Out of interest, what books are you reading, good?

Jason31
I understand. After I lost so much myself, nearly gave it up. I then opened an account with Oanda with just £150.00 and started using the Donchian channel alongside a better platform for the visuals. With Oanda, you cannot loose your account in the way that many do with other brokers. If you have 150 you can only buy approx 1,500 units which is roughly 13pence per pip!! This was a great for me because it forced/afforded me to trade into the bigger picture and I very quickly grew it alongside learning more. I use one moving average no.30 with the Donchian channel which is fantastic for quickly making you see the bigger trend and those within the different timeframes and their individual support/resistence levels.

When news breaks and you are taken on a 150pip ride in the opposite direction of the main trend, you are not paralysed with fear and are more likely to wait for the tide to rise again back to the main trend while all the while keeping your account steadily rising, albeit, at a snails pace but well worth the wait while your still learning live.

I am hoping to learn more here from Rolston.

Out of interest, what books are you reading, good?

What I meant about reading is that I am reading alot of threads on T2W. Incidently, the books I have read are New Market Wizards and Turtle Trading. Both very good books.

targus

give me a littl time and i will show you online ( next week )

(y)
Thanks Rolston,
Until I landed here, I was in and out of trades like a grasshopper, using anything from strange looking Ichimoku clouds to heiken ashi candlies, albeit I'm sure they work for many.

Could it not hit 5483 first? My daily stochastic is pointing eerily down.

And on my 4hour (attchd) she has broken a long way out of my trendlines/ channel.:confused:

Attachments

• 30m  trendlineat 21.30gmteur_aud_4hrrolston_23weeklmnthlyy1m.gif
    30m trendlineat 21.30gmteur_aud_4hrrolston_23weeklmnthlyy1m.gif
    68.9 KB · Views: 149
According to the donchian channel, we have a major break on support as of now, next stop, 5483 and then 5296 on the monthly, 4228 is yet to be established.

Support at 5589 buy

I agree with you Rolston. I have now entered long with my stoploss at 5450 and just under the last touch down on the weekly (chart attached) Watching her today and she is quite bullish too.

Attachments

• 30m  trendlineat 21.30gmteur_aud_4hrrolston_23weeklmnthlyy1m.gif
    30m trendlineat 21.30gmteur_aud_4hrrolston_23weeklmnthlyy1m.gif
    68.5 KB · Views: 145
I sense/see a lot of indecision with her trying to get up, albeit she has crossed up and my trendlines indicate up! It's always unsettling though when numerous 'experts' are saying the opposite don't you think, I suppose you have to go with your own system and what you see.