FX Trading: week 8th - 14th July

1. Where's cable going? 2. How many pips do you want this week?

• Total voters
I suppose :). Good trade BTW Crap Buddist. It seems we are both in the money at the moment, you more than me. Let's see how things progress.

cheers, although my charts are sporadic with their updates, no tic details either, im a bit miffed, gonna have to get a backup chart package I think, trying to gauge an exit on flashing quotes only at the mo..... :p so i might bail at any time..

My exit for that short trade which netted me 1 pip was embarrassing. I left so much pips on the table, and to make matters even worse, my timing for this long trade was also off! boy, I really need to sharping up before I start losing money.

I'm gonna go ahead and hold long this trade until I'm in the money where I want to be. I still think the bull is dead, but It sure isn't going out without a fight :).
The bull is dying but the beast can still get a spike or two before taking the last breath. I shall wait for confirmation that the heart has stopped.

+21.5 cut that long 342.5, done for a bit until i sort charts out.....

Good Trade CB. After some thought I exited my long for yet another 1 pip gain. My timing for those 2 trades were off to begin with, and the position didn't offer me that much leverage over the trade, I just don't feel comfortable with that kind of handicap. I'm on the sidelines until I see something forming on the horizon, but I'll say - My warm-up jacket is definitely off now. Let's see how things progress.

P.S. Don't feel that bad for me, my pip value is sufficient :).

the consensus seems to be cable bullish, but with an underlying feeling of topping, due to the triple-tops and all.
I seem to be trading EURJPY of late. (80-100 pip daily ranges, and 3 pip spreads, equivalent to the cable of old).

PS: what a nice chap that compounding is. :)

the consensus seems to be cable bullish, but with an underlying feeling of topping, due to the triple-tops and all.
I seem to be trading EURJPY of late. (80-100 pip daily ranges, and 3 pip spreads, equivalent to the cable of old).

PS: what a nice chap that compounding is. :)

isnt euryen lovely. ;)

yep, you are right, he turned out to be allright :D

Good Trade CB. After some thought I exited my long for yet another 1 pip gain. My timing for those 2 trades were off to begin with, and the position didn't offer me that much leverage over the trade, I just don't feel comfortable with that kind of handicap. I'm on the sidelines until I see something forming on the horizon, but I'll say - My warm-up jacket is definitely off now. Let's see how things progress.

P.S. Don't feel that bad for me, my pip value is sufficient :).

certainly wont feel bad for you mate, better to get out with a pip, rather sit there thinking, well should I or should I not. I think its good trait to have cutting a position because you have a reason to do it, including, unsure, uneasy because of entry, technical issues, feeling you have had enough etc...

the 2 trades I took today, both off entry wise 15 and 10 points,(with me just not being at the screen) but i thought the trend was still bullish and shouldered the extra risk of loose entry verse right side of trend.

trying a long cable 2.0335, might look insane but long ive gone. short term trade. see if it holds up or givesway..

Nice to come back to find I've been in a profitable trade. Almost recouped yesterday's loss.
CB: sorry to say that if cable doesn't bounce convincingly from about 315 then your long might indeed look a bit insane! Good luck, though.

Nice to come back to find I've been in a profitable trade. Almost recouped yesterday's loss.
CB: sorry to say that if cable doesn't bounce convincingly from about 315 then your long might indeed look a bit insane! Good luck, though.

cheers phil and yes, my stop has held, next tic down though would of clipped it, just a short reprieve though I feel now looking to reverse this long, or if its stopped first take a short in a bit..... the long has failed. just as i typed, ive been stopped.

looking for a short...