FX Trading: week 8th - 14th July

1. Where's cable going? 2. How many pips do you want this week?

• Total voters
I've already been scaling (short) in from 280 upwards. Will add to it upto 330 then 358 is where I dissapear with tail between legs having been right royally stuffed!

Come on lads sell sell sell!!

Am I DC in disguise! How did I call that top to within 4 pips?!

I got out of my cable short this morning at 312 but am still bearish in the short-term. I'll be scaling in again to a sell position throughout the day. There could be a spike with the news this afternoon, either up or down.

Any other views chaps? Good trading all.

Latest from Kathy Lien:
http://www.dailyfx.com/story/bio1/Dollar_Rebounds_as_Fed_Officials_1184189346135.html

hi priceman,

as much as i also share bearish views (based on an opinion), i just cant see a short ATM, and shorts, for the time being in my view are simple retracements

i cant trade, got my kid at home. and the bu99er argentinians beat the mexican team last night :mad:

j

Attachments

• cable channel.gif
    cable channel.gif
    16.8 KB · Views: 140
I got out of my cable short this morning at 312 but am still bearish in the short-term. I'll be scaling in again to a sell position throughout the day. There could be a spike with the news this afternoon, either up or down.

Any other views chaps? Good trading all.

Latest from Kathy Lien:
http://www.dailyfx.com/story/bio1/Dollar_Rebounds_as_Fed_Officials_1184189346135.html
Hi Priceman, the MAs are still pointing up, but I got the "feeling" that the cable is going to edge south, however before sizable move down it has to turn down at least the ST and preferably MT. On a short time frame I shall trade shorts in accordance with yesterday retracement using Fibs and tight SL. It is just coming for second helping, SL well above 0.618 to catch the other fibs.
Happy trading.

+26, closed long 342, tea break .... seems to be lagging its way up ... likely look for another long in a bit...

+26, closed long 342, tea break .... seems to be lagging its way up ... likely look for another long in a bit...

nice trade there :D

may look to catch it at 25, and target the next handle.....supposed option barrier there....whatever that may mean.....but whenever my news provider says option barrier, price always gets there :eek:

BULLET: CABLE: Pushes up to make a brief show above $2.0363..
CABLE: Pushes up to make a brief show above $2.0363 to post fresh 26
year highs at $2.0364 before reversing. Rate currently holds back around
$2.0355. Offers said to extend from the mentioned highs through to
$2.0380, a break above here to bring a $2.0400 option barrier into view.
Stops noted above the figure, but expect some profit take sales to
initially counter follow through demand, with main stops now seen placed
through $2.0415/20. Above here and rate can push on toward $2.0440/50.
Bids remain in place at $2.0310/00.

Provided by: Market News International

Last edited:
Have been stopped with a small loss on the short fib 0.618 retacement, I have got an indication of todays poss high as 370tish, so a poss shorting from the double touch.

same entry :p

well thats it jacinto, we've cornered the market mate. :p hope gamma jammer doesnt come in to dump 500 million cable.

Euro's doing well, (bloody hell ive said it now) interesting to see if it breaks 1.3810

read some squawk about USDCHF possibly taking out 1.1990 I can see it going to 1.1800 just glancing at the dailies.

well thats it jacinto, we've cornered the market mate. :p hope gamma jammer doesnt come in to dump 500 million cable.

Euro's doing well, (bloody hell ive said it now) interesting to see if it breaks 1.3810

read some squawk about USDCHF possibly taking out 1.1990 I can see it going to 1.1800 just glancing at the dailies.

well, my stop is now at risk.....should have waited for 25 as planned. well, guess it will be -30. not pleasant

still holding at the mo, still looks bullish one up, unfortunate it tripped up 335, bit of bogey zone for me , got clobbered on a long yesterday from there....

squawk, holding cable for fresh 26 year highs based on hourly studies...... :) some might come good yet.

still holding at the mo, still looks bullish one up, unfortunate it tripped up 335, bit of bogey zone for me , got clobbered on a long yesterday from there....

squawk, holding cable for fresh 26 year highs based on hourly studies...... :) some might come good yet.

well, that was close. lowering risk to -20 (price dictated). still calculating a target, but with the news on its way, dunno. will edit in a minute for targets

edit: target 1 2.0376, target 2 2.0424

saved by a pip :eek:

really not pleasant. yesterday, took an exit on a long in the same circumstances and missed the move up. told myself not to make the same mistake again, and sticking to the plan will end up as a loss. will have to stick to the plan, guess that is more important.

Today is starting to look messy. Stopped in and out of a short EUR/JPY and now long and in loss. Long cable also but have a feeling of doom...we'll see

so, who's superstitious?

anybody trading tomorrow, or hiding under the duvet for the whole day? :)

so, who's superstitious?

anybody trading tomorrow, or hiding under the duvet for the whole day? :)

:LOL: I'd not even thought about it! I think I'm going to take the opposite side to all my signals in that case!