FX Trading: week 8th - 14th July

1. Where's cable going? 2. How many pips do you want this week?

• Total voters
hi jacinto, i was late to the screen and saw entries around 8 am, 265/70 odd, would of taken that, but I didnt set the alarm, so late to the party, so inferior entry i see it 287 but says get long, so i'll have to allow a stop point based on entry at 265/70 although im in higher, not ideal, but i'llrisk it. and have done.

subprime mortgage ? whats that ?

hi CB, same same here, im out already, so not much to say.

subprime......will most likely say something wrong (in terms of the detail), but basically banks package their mortgage portfolios segregated by credit quality, then sell to the market as bonds. subprime would be lower credit quality mortgages.

j

hi CB, same same here, im out already, so not much to say.

subprime......will most likely say something wrong (in terms of the detail), but basically banks package their mortgage portfolios segregated by credit quality, then sell to the market as bonds. subprime would be lower credit quality mortgages.

j

cheers J, got it, lending money with greater risk, sounds like the publics almost fully leveraged in this prsent consumer debt cycle..... things gonna be topping out then soon in the economy, downhill from here ?

Add my name to yesterday's losers list. Could have been a lot worse than -25, though!
Call me a fool (it's true), but couldn't resist a short at 302. 320 had to be the ceiling for a while, surely?

Add my name to yesterday's losers list. Could have been a lot worse than -25, though!
Call me a fool (it's true), but couldn't resist a short at 302. 320 had to be the ceiling for a while, surely?

It appears that the bull might be getting ready to take it's final breath....the signal is so subtle, I can't really tell for sure, but I might go ahead and take a shot at it! Still analyzing the behavior for now...we'll see if I have pulled the trigger.

It appears that the bull might be getting ready to take it's final breath....the signal is so subtle, I can't really tell for sure, but I might go ahead and take a shot at it! Still analyzing the behavior for now...we'll see if I have pulled the trigger.

I've already been scaling (short) in from 280 upwards. Will add to it upto 330 then 358 is where I dissapear with tail between legs having been right royally stuffed!

Come on lads sell sell sell!!

Just cut my long for for +34 at 321. i'll wait now, but still no confirmed shorts over here yet, I may try another long later, but waiting for the mo......

maybe i'll type another recipe... :p

kin ell, look at this market go..... higher.... you know what start of july of thought the low of 1.9980 for the month might be in place, add 600 what do we get 2.0580 , go on cable... 2.0220 that recapture of the upper trend line was obviously a bull spring point.

dollar meltdown, this could get nasty for the US, could it ? just thinking long term..

Wrong again, but luckily the price dipped just enough to bring down the stop so I could emerge with a magnificent +3. Trying again from 335...

Fully exposed now :eek: so this baby has to fall a little now surely!! Pound can't be worth that much can it? Got to be hurting a few people with it being this high?!

Just going off to work on figures as to where it may fall to now, could find I come back to be dead and buried!

Anyone else hopped onboard the short yet?

guess i miscalculated the potential pullback for best entry. stop is at 70, which is now at risk. dont know if it was the right thing to paper trade last week. the emotional side of it is most definitely different.

edit: this last move up gave me an exit for -3. dont like the 60 min bar. could be very wrong and miss the move up to 350, but got to recognise when i am at risk of making a mistake, may get a new entry later on. dunno

humiliated. :eek:

Here's why I'm shorting GBP/USD
Stop @ 10363

Edit: now @ b/e

Attachments

• Cable110707 12.55pm.GIF
    Cable110707 12.55pm.GIF
    85.3 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Fully exposed now :eek: so this baby has to fall a little now surely!! Pound can't be worth that much can it? Got to be hurting a few people with it being this high?!

Just going off to work on figures as to where it may fall to now, could find I come back to be dead and buried!

Anyone else hopped onboard the short yet?

mmm, pound being worth that much ? I think we could do with a fundamental experts view on dollars looking ahead the next 6 months,maybe longer if the US is in for a battering then why not cable keep on going higher ? I dont know, but look at the dailies and think, well ,could be one of those historic moments in the making.....

euro 1.40 + ? wheres that gonna stop ...

Exited my short at 1.3764 for a 1 pip gain. I believe the dynamics of things has change a tad bit.

Long:
EUR/USD at 1.3761. SL at 1.3741.

My exit for that short trade which netted me 1 pip was embarrassing. I left so much pips on the table, and to make matters even worse, my timing for this long trade was also off! boy, I really need to sharping up before I start losing money.

I'm gonna go ahead and hold long this trade until I'm in the money where I want to be. I still think the bull is dead, but It sure isn't going out without a fight :).

My exit for that short trade which netted me 1 pip was embarrassing. I left so much pips on the table, and to make matters even worse, my timing for this long trade was also off! boy, I really need to sharping up before I start losing money.

I'm gonna go ahead and hold long this trade until I'm in the money where I want to be. I still think the bull is dead, but It sure isn't going out without a fight :).

hmm, can go like that sometimes, but better to have a rough entry on the right side, rather than a pin sharp entry on the wrong side perhaps?

hmm, can go like that sometimes, but better to have a rough entry on the right side, rather than a pin sharp entry on the wrong side perhaps?

I suppose :). Good trade BTW Crap Buddist. It seems we are both in the money at the moment, you more than me. Let's see how things progress.