FX trading Oct 29 - Nov02

[reversal A (ii) being that with an A(ii) there is 3 band deviation inside the longest band, the 60 (lime green) whereas with a standard Reversal type A there is 4 band deviation.)

The bands..oh the deviant bands...where do they all come from..Elenaor Rigby might know...:LOL:

1. Price at suport/res. 2. Oscillaotr divergence (reg/seq/hidden) 3. Price confirmation.
Great, crystallises my simple approach to trading, along with volatility and position sizing.

But o the bands...

CT.

See if this GBPJPY falls out of bed from 239.23, bearish on this beast....

Hi CB,

I'm just curious, but where do you see a bearish slant on this pair?

It's pushed thru a couple stiff (recent) levels at 234.50-70 & 237.50-70 with strong momentum & now attacking next upside channel at 239.50-70.

Would it not be more rewarding/less stressful to run with the flows?

I got potential flak (each-way) focusing 237.60 on any downside traffic from current levels, but continued strength until it begins threatening these stair step flows this week.

Attachments

• gbpjpy10.jpg
    gbpjpy10.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 135
  • gbpjpy11.jpg
    gbpjpy11.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 141
Woah, it's like a bucking bronco (Eur/USD). Any reason? About 70 points range in 15 minutes or so!?

Last edited:
Hi CB,

I'm just curious, but where do you see a bearish slant on this pair?

It's pushed thru a couple stiff (recent) levels at 234.50-70 & 237.50-70 with strong momentum & now attacking next upside channel at 239.50-70.

Would it not be more rewarding/less stressful to run with the flows?

Hello mate, As i type this pair currently trades 60 odd against at the mo, still showing hold short on my setup , so holding short at the mo.

Nice charts you posted, bigger detail cheers, the only chart I use is a 1 minute chart . I'm aware of the price springing up as it has done on the dailies but I dont use them really, just fire an order in when long or shorts get flagged which tends to be 2/3 trades per 24 hour session. hence if it springs against and it will do from time to time ,then until the setup changes then I have to hold.

My key focus is to get the trade on and not worry on the result.

Re these S/R levels, yeah i think about them cant buck the setup's.

But thinking about your lower zones, I'll get out of my shorts down there?

But I know when I'll exit but the price ?? my setup looking at it wont say go long for a few hours yet... looking at your dailies should bang its head up here and sell off ?

Cheers.

the only chart I use is a 1 minute chart. if it springs against and it will do from time to time ,then until the setup changes then I have to hold.

... looking at your dailies should bang its head up here and sell off ?

Oh, ok I gotcha. Wow, that's a mighty fast reaction time. My eyes & feet would ache awful bad trying to chase those babies around the park.

I ought to have clearly annotated those charts. The bigger one is a 240 not the daily. Apologies for the confusion.

I merely use the lines/channels as area's of potential headwind. They're by no means set in stone, as most folks are aware. But they do offer a heads up as price begins threatening the zone of interest.

I guess you have a stack of headache meds on tap? :D

Good hunting to you, hope the spikes don't cut you too bad ;)

Having said that, the 1min still trends.

So I guess as long as you're striking in line with the dominant flows, using the larger range s&r levels as guides, the peak-trough steps will keep you honest.

The candle/bar triggers at those levels will also tip the nod in legging you in I guess.

Still not for me LOL, but there are many different knives out there which adequately skin cats.

Attachments

• gbpjpyspeedy.jpg
    gbpjpyspeedy.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 162
One way train on your 1min Geppy today Crap Buddist huh.

That next line focal point up there at 240.30-50 flipped a pretty cool rbs for an add-in long. Neat 15m indecision bars as it considered it's intent.

Taking a breather ahead of c241.25 (Daily) resistance, but still yet to signal out of the longs. I'd imagine current levels would be a good place to book some profits. It's certainly burned rubber this morning!

Last edited:
Oh, ok I gotcha. Wow, that's a mighty fast reaction time. My eyes & feet would ache awful bad trying to chase those babies around the park.

I ought to have clearly annotated those charts. The bigger one is a 240 not the daily. Apologies for the confusion.

I merely use the lines/channels as area's of potential headwind. They're by no means set in stone, as most folks are aware. But they do offer a heads up as price begins threatening the zone of interest.

I guess you have a stack of headache meds on tap? :D

Good hunting to you, hope the spikes don't cut you too bad ;)

Cheers .... ampro. :)

hmm guess it sounds chaotic and speedy batting off a 1 min, but its not, its a waiting game. Ive attached a chart.

What I want is one chart that has all the context I need of a larger frame, yet the sensitivity of the smaller TF all in one kit n kaboodle. So I can get inside the animals.

The bottom boxy thing is FLOW, the boxes (which today ive used a fashionable mustard shade) is the point I prick my ears up and click a button.

Ive put some bull n bears on the flow so you can see my reading of it and up and down arrows to show where I click buy n sell, then wait for the result ....

Again im not rushing about, but the only thing is is not automated alerts yet so I have to pay attention every 4/6 hours to see whats going on..

hopefully you can see why I may comment bearish or bullish looking ahead for 8/12 hours or so

That short on data whilst in the end it cost me 28 points, the long from it this AM is doing ok .. BUT I had to wait....

cheers for your charts.

Time to do some colouring in, as Rols might say... :)

Attachments

• now_then_now_then.PNG
    now_then_now_then.PNG
    75.8 KB · Views: 155
That is indeed an interesting view of the world. It's always cool to see other folks take on events. As long as you can toggle your risk & leg in & out safely then you can't really complain.

Appears as though your strategy-style combo is tightly matched - always a very important plus point.

Another good day to be a Pound Bull huh? Hawkish comments out of the BoE this morning pumping Sterling across the board. Looks like a 'hold' in November now by all accounts. Lets hope the rumor mill continues to chatter it up hey? :)

One way train on your 1min Geppy today Crap Buddist huh.

That next line focal point up there at 240.30-50 flipped a pretty cool rbs for an add-in long. Neat 15m indecision bars as it considered it's intent.

Taking a breather ahead of c241.25 (Daily) resistance, but still yet to signal out of the longs. I'd imagine current levels would be a good place to book some profits. It's certainly burned rubber this morning!

:) like sh!t off a shovel .

The screenshot shows the 5min Reversal set-up at that Dly R1/offers resistance up at the daily highs.
It was a Reversal Extreme (ii) referred to an explained earlier in this thread, and the other confirming factors were breech of the extreme fib tunnels on 1/5/15/30min touch/1hr with stoch in extreme o/b area up to the 30min chart. There wre also some regular immed/seq bearish divergence in the oscillators extending 15 min through to 1hr charts. Another good example of technical confluence.

SORRY HAVE POSTED WRONG CHART THERE>>>SEE BELOW

Attachments

• 5min rev a(ii).gif
    5min rev a(ii).gif
    20.7 KB · Views: 125
The correct chart re above post is attached here, (sorry don't know how to delete attachments) Also shown is the 5min chart showing the breech of the extreme fib tunnels and ideed donchian channels (pink.) To add to the tech confluence at that resistance the fib channels came across to indicate resistance there too. (aqua and yellow)

Attachments

• 5min.gif
    5min.gif
    20.9 KB · Views: 144
  • 5min small.gif
    5min small.gif
    6.5 KB · Views: 143