fx 53 trend following system

todays one was interesting as it would have been stopped out by a few ticks beofre dropping 170 pips ! fortunately it was deleted.

has kevin mentioned anything to you guys about stopping the pro service and just doing the pound/yen ca2 at the end of the first month ?

todays one was interesting as it would have been stopped out by a few ticks beofre dropping 170 pips ! fortunately it was deleted.

has kevin mentioned anything to you guys about stopping the pro service and just doing the pound/yen ca2 at the end of the first month ?

not to me, has he said anything to you ??

i had asked him about strategy and how the trades seemed to differ radically from ca2 and other video methods. he said he was mulling it over as he only wants to do gbp/jpy really. i am not fussed either way. at least with ca2 i understand why the trades are coming. im sure he will let us know either way shortly.

currently eyeing ca2 down on cable. missed the opportunity to get in on last 2 arrows over 14100. not sure about it 14000 ish is a good support level and if there is a rally of sorts in equities £ may be better bid.

Hi All.

Can anybody understand the current Pro Text Service strategy? Why were we still in a volatile market with an exposed trade prior to an interest rate announcement?

The profits are there, we just don't seem to be taking them, and instead the strategy seems to be to stay in the market for as long as possible hoping for an early entry into a long term trend.

On 03-03-09 @ 09:00 hrs there was a lovely 4RAP on H1, with a profit potential of 150+, but instead we entered long after the move into an area of consolidation and got stopped out due to the interest rate announcement.

I’ve just noticed that the results for the CA2 service have been published and show a 12% profit. I thought that the Pro service was the M60 CA2 system with bells and whistles giving early entry and exits to an already good system and exposure to other pairs.

I know that hind sight is a wonderful thing, we are only down 16 pips and that next week may prove me wrong, but I feel that the service is always struggling just to break even and my confidence has been dented in a system which I thought would be the dogs’ B******ks.

Am I pre-judging the service?

What are everybody else’s thoughts?

Hi All.

Can anybody understand the current Pro Text Service strategy? Why were we still in a volatile market with an exposed trade prior to an interest rate announcement?

The profits are there, we just don't seem to be taking them, and instead the strategy seems to be to stay in the market for as long as possible hoping for an early entry into a long term trend.

On 03-03-09 @ 09:00 hrs there was a lovely 4RAP on H1, with a profit potential of 150+, but instead we entered long after the move into an area of consolidation and got stopped out due to the interest rate announcement.

I’ve just noticed that the results for the CA2 service have been published and show a 12% profit. I thought that the Pro service was the M60 CA2 system with bells and whistles giving early entry and exits to an already good system and exposure to other pairs.

I know that hind sight is a wonderful thing, we are only down 16 pips and that next week may prove me wrong, but I feel that the service is always struggling just to break even and my confidence has been dented in a system which I thought would be the dogs’ B******ks.

I guess that you are suffering the normal problems that black box system followers suffer; as well as seeing the signals you want to see the logic behind them. The truth is that trading of this nature is not about 'predicting the future' but more about making trades based on probabilities be they patterns or simple support and resistance.
Also mixed in there is a time element - when you view a set of results you dont consider what it was like actually trading through that period of time. As a result you make an analysis (of results) on a very short term basis and this, as you yourself point out, dents confidence. Far better to sit back and trade the system for a whole year before concluding anything. Dispite what people might try and tell you trading is not some kind of 'get rich quick' scheme but is instead a 'get rich slowly' method if applied correctly.

Hope this helps,
Steve.

doesnt really help steve as fx53 is not black box. my point throughout has been the text service seems to have nothing to do with ca2 or the videos for fx53. i have only taken selective trades and put my stop today at breakeven. i am small up overall. i think its more than 16 pips as you are not taking into account the differing size of the trades.

Hi All.

Hi Djenky,

for what it's worth - I don't agree with you.... yet...

My story so far is,

I've tried a couple of SMS signal services over the past two years, some have not made a profit, other's have made serious profit - in the right market conditions - I used two different signal services, both where good until last summer, when the markets crashed. Both have since closed down due to market conditions.

I have to say that I've put a lot of time and effort into this system and I fell quite good about it. I believe that it works as it should, so have confidence in the system.

with regards to your statement that the SMS service isn't working as it should. I strongly believe that you should at the very least follow the signals for a couple of months before making up your mind.
I do agree that it's impossible to base the signal of the FX53 system or at least I've not been able to see it

But on the other hand, I would have liked more information about the trades placed and why they are placed, but perhaps in future that will follow.

anyway, I'm planning to follow the signals until the end

Hi All.

I don't subscribe to the text service but, have a friend who does. His criticism, of the service, is that there is no clear exit strategy. Apparently, there have been several trades that were in profit (100 pts +) but, the profits were never locked in.

Hopefully, Kevin has been made aware of this issue and he will provide a solution for his subscribers.

I hear from a fellow trader that Mr Adams has indeed provided a solution for his subscribers.....

yes he had been talking about that. the odd thing about this whole episode is that using fx53 over this period on my own has been a profitable exercise. the pro service has broken all the fx53 rules so i have as i said been using the service selectively due to the volatility within a tight range (13800 to 14100).

the odd thing about this whole episode is that using fx53 over this period on my own has been a profitable exercise.

Well done. It's not been easy with the pair stuck in a tight range. I think Kevin was unlucky with his timing of launching the service.

its an amateur system. i personally wouldn't use it. I know these kind of websites, they would only post pictures of a trending scenario and make u believe it works. When the market trends 99% of all trend systems would do great, when its in a ranging scenario only certain systems would tell u to stay off the market. I mean trading on a basis of up n down arrows. I bet that the arrows are merely a 2/3 MA crossover arrow.

"Just do the cool easy thing,The trend is your friend!"
Funny that, I thought thats the whole point of FX 53.

its an amateur system. i personally wouldn't use it. I know these kind of websites, they would only post pictures of a trending scenario and make u believe it works. When the market trends 99% of all trend systems would do great, when its in a ranging scenario only certain systems would tell u to stay off the market. I mean trading on a basis of up n down arrows. I bet that the arrows are merely a 2/3 MA crossover arrow.

Last years trades (both gains and losses) using FX53 were posted on the web site and made a significant profit over the year. Yes, there were periods of losses when the market was not trending, but the system combined with good money management is designed to cut losses and run with the profits.

You criticize for trading on up and down arrows, yet you “like” a system that draws support and resistance lines on small time frames that constantly repaint!

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/for...-pair-any-timeframe-using-2-indicators-5.html

Further more, this system you “like” has already been heavily criticized by several senior members of the forum!

Your comments are both ambiguous and negative with no constructive comment or advice. The only fact you seem to know about FX53 is the fact that you “know these kind of websites”. I’m no lawyer, but I don’t think that you would make a good expert witness with those credentials!

You're, obviously, completely ignorant of how FX53 works. Either that or you're an idiot who wants to make derogatory comments for the sake of it.

There are many satisfied users, including myself, who have found it to be very effective. A trading system that pays for itself within a few days is money well spent. I've tried a few over the years and most of them were useless. Buying FX53 was the best trading investment I ever made. The system doesn't get every trade right but, overall, it's a substantial winner.

As far as your comment as to "these kind of websites" is concerned, only confirms your ignorance. I became an FX53 user in June 2008 and can verify that the trading results posted on the website, since I became a user, are accurate. They are not manipulated or fictional. The vendor posted losing trades in September, even though he was on holiday and didn't make those trades. However, the system selected them so, he put them up on the website. That doesn't fit in with your opinion of "these kind of websites" does it?

hey chaps, hows it looking using FX53 ? I just read this thread back to back. took me 3 lunch sittings to do it. And I like the inputs that you guys are giving.
btw, I contacted Kevin for the product, and he said that he isnt looking for any new subscribers .. as mentioned by some folks earlier.