fx 53 trend following system

hey chaps, hows it looking using FX53 ? I just read this thread back to back. took me 3 lunch sittings to do it. And I like the inputs that you guys are giving.
btw, I contacted Kevin for the product, and he said that he isnt looking for any new subscribers .. as mentioned by some folks earlier.

That's dedication for you. 3 lunch sittings eh?

I believe that Kevin has about 50 subscribers, which he considers to be enough. This is indicative of Kevin's integrity. He could have sold far more but, wouldn't have been able to, comfortably, provide the level of customer support that he does at present.

I guess you're unlucky for the time being.

Anyone in on trade usng the text system? I see Kevin has suggeted that we put a limit target of 131. Anyone done so?

Didn't really understand his e-mail. He said that we are in an up trend. Should this not be down trend or am I still a bit "green"?

Anyone in on trade usng the text system? I see Kevin has suggeted that we put a limit target of 131. Anyone done so?

Didn't really understand his e-mail. He said that we are in an up trend. Should this not be down trend or am I still a bit "green"?

do you mean 027a. i didnt take it as i decided if the service will end on friday theres not much point. i think it was stopped out. from your post it sounds as if i may have missed an email. i have no comment about uptrend/ downtrend. when was this:?::?:

James, are you talking about the Pro Text Service or the CA2 Text Service?
:confused:

No idea about the CA2 service, I'm using the Pro Service

have you decided what to do next week when pro is terminated. i am going to sign up for ca2 as im out a lot so i often miss trades. we have a ca2 on the hourly now but its a huge stop loss. am putting order in at around 13650. mind you its so whippy maybe the 5 min is a better bet.

anyone got any views on the euro. i expect it to get spanked at some point but for now seems really well bid vs dollar. dont really get it as euro economies are in a mess just like everyone else but fundamentals seem irrelevant right now.:confused:

I've taken that ca2 with a big stop loss and a guaranteed stop. mad or what. still experimenting. might go in again if pulls back.

I've taken that ca2 with a big stop loss and a guaranteed stop. mad or what. still experimenting. might go in again if pulls back.

I hope you got in before the close of that c/stick and grabbed a few extra points:)

have you decided what to do next week when pro is terminated. i am going to sign up for ca2 as im out a lot so i often miss trades. we have a ca2 on the hourly now but its a huge stop loss. am putting order in at around 13650. mind you its so whippy maybe the 5 min is a better bet.

anyone got any views on the euro. i expect it to get spanked at some point but for now seems really well bid vs dollar. dont really get it as euro economies are in a mess just like everyone else but fundamentals seem irrelevant right now.:confused:

It’s a big shame Kevin has terminated the Pro Text Service, although I’m still mystified about his strategy, even more so after this weeks trades. Let’s hope Kevin reassesses the service and comes back with something that’s easier to manage from his side and fully exploits the full potential of the FX53 system.

I’ll be trading the FX53 M15, M30 and M60 time frames next week, do not yet have the nerve or patience for M5.

If you are using the rules there is no entry point on the current M60 CA2, however there were several possible entries on M15.

I’ve been reading about the Euro heading south for a few weeks now, although the entry point risk is always the tricky bit.

Read this a couple of days ago:

Overvalued euro set to plunge 'within months' - Telegraph

i have been reading this and a few other threads on this forum with great interest. has anyone who has used fx53 also used sniper - and any comments about which might be better?

or are they pretty similar?

thx.

I’ll be trading the FX53 M15, M30 and M60 time frames next week, do not yet have the nerve or patience for M5.

Hi djenky,

The beauty of trading the 5min tf is that you can get in much earlier, in a fast moving market. This morning's up move was a great example.

We were in an uptrend on the 1 hr chart and we then broke the base of the last down arrow to print. The price was moving up quite quickly at the time. This was an ideal set up (for me) and a perfect example of how trading breaks of arrow bases, off the 5 min tf, produces some very profitable (100+ pts) trades. Fortunately, I got out once the move stalled and before it, subsequently, reversed.

I'm not that enthusiastic about trading Friday pm as a lot of traders are covering and hedging positions prior to the weekend. So, I was happy to take my 100pts. and forget about it until Sunday night.

Hi djenky,

The beauty of trading the 5min tf is that you can get in much earlier, in a fast moving market. This morning's up move was a great example.

We were in an uptrend on the 1 hr chart and we then broke the base of the last down arrow to print. The price was moving up quite quickly at the time. This was an ideal set up (for me) and a perfect example of how trading breaks of arrow bases, off the 5 min tf, produces some very profitable (100+ pts) trades. Fortunately, I got out once the move stalled and before it, subsequently, reversed.

I'm not that enthusiastic about trading Friday pm as a lot of traders are covering and hedging positions prior to the weekend. So, I was happy to take my 100pts. and forget about it until Sunday night.

Hi Alan.

Yes, I agree with what you r'e saying, I've read all of your posts regarding M5, even copied them into a word document entitled "Alans M5 Tips", fame at last! Many thanks for your generous tips, :clap:I should really pull my finger out and put them into practice. Must be more interesting than picking my nose waiting for the next M60 arrow. :eek:

Hi Alan.

Yes, I agree with what you r'e saying, I've read all of your posts regarding M5, even copied them into a word document entitled "Alans M5 Tips", fame at last! Many thanks for your generous tips, :clap:I should really pull my finger out and put them into practice. Must be more interesting than picking my nose waiting for the next M60 arrow. :eek:

Thanks for the compliment, djenky.

As the old saying goes "there's more than one way to skin a cat". I've found that, using FX53 every day, produces trade set ups that are not, strictly, text book but, can still be effective.

One of the biggest problems for FX53 is the f***ing CMS data feed on demo account. Sometimes, arrows will print that shouldn't be there and they've, also, been using a floating spread for the past couple of weeks. This is absolute b******s and, as a result, their price quotes are out of sync with the rest of the market:mad:

Thanks for the compliment, djenky.

As the old saying goes "there's more than one way to skin a cat". I've found that, using FX53 every day, produces trade set ups that are not, strictly, text book but, can still be effective.

One of the biggest problems for FX53 is the f***ing CMS data feed on demo account. Sometimes, arrows will print that shouldn't be there and they've, also, been using a floating spread for the past couple of weeks. This is absolute b******s and, as a result, their price quotes are out of sync with the rest of the market:mad:

Hi Alan,

could you explain a bit further on your trade setups with FX53 that are not "text book" ?

Hi Alan,

could you explain a bit further on your trade setups with FX53 that are not "text book" ?

One of the simpler methods is to look for the RSI to go oversold on the 5 min, if the longer term (1hr) is up. Once the up arrow prints (on 5 min) and there is sign of a genuine break out, then I'll take a long trade.

This is, really, too big a subject for me to cover in depth. Other methods that I use are to look at slopes angles of arrow patterns combined with price action on the trade ticket, pull backs, divergence with false reversals, plus a whole load of basic chart patterns. Like I said, previously; a huge subject to cover.

One of the simpler methods is to look for the RSI to go oversold on the 5 min, if the longer term (1hr) is up. Once the up arrow prints (on 5 min) and there is sign of a genuine break out, then I'll take a long trade.

This is, really, too big a subject for me to cover in depth. Other methods that I use are to look at slopes angles of arrow patterns combined with price action on the trade ticket, pull backs, divergence with false reversals, plus a whole load of basic chart patterns. Like I said, previously; a huge subject to cover.

thks for your reply Alan. I'll use the info !!!

btw, has anyone else having issues with all the arrow going missing on this evening since the market opened ?