fx 53 trend following system

puha, talk about getting into and stopped by only a 2-5 pips for the last two trades today !

nvm, better next time

CMS VT trader platform

...and the CMS Demo server is down again, should of stayed in bed!

Has anybody taken out a live account with CMS? If so, are the live servers any more reliable than the demo servers?

I didn't see this message until now, but I used the demo and had all the same issues with connection and "blackout" for days at a time.

I've upgraded last week to live account and all my issues have disappeared completely. I've also upgraded my platform to version 1.9.3

so far, it's a new world, not only is the price faster, platform not crashing, but I can now have more charts open at the same time, without the everything being slowdown to a halt - I suspect that has more to do with the new version of VT

hope it helps

P.S. - I don't correct my spelling mistakes . . .. takes too long

Last edited:
I didn't see this message until now, but I used the demo and had all the same issues with connection and "blackout" for days at a time.

I've upgraded last week to live account and all my issues have disappeared completely. I've also upgraded my platform to version 1.9.3

so far, it's a new world, not only is the price faster, platform not crashing, but I can now have more charts open at the same time, without the everything being slowdown to a halt - I suspect that has more to do with the new version of VT

hope it helps

P.S. - I don't correct my spelling mistakes . . .. takes too long

Thanks for that FxViking. (y)

I am also using version 1.9.3.1 which I think came with the FX53 system, and I often experience VT hanging, so it's a fair bet that the live account and data feed has made a big difference in addition to your VT upgrade. I have a feeling that the hanging is down to the demo data feed stalling and VT not being able to recover once the feed has been re-established. Must look into upgrading my own CMS account.

I wish that there was a FX53 version for MetaTrader, much happier with that platform.

Cheers

Thanks for that FxViking. (y)

I am also using version 1.9.3.1 which I think came with the FX53 system, and I often experience VT hanging, so it's a fair bet that the live account and data feed has made a big difference in addition to your VT upgrade. I have a feeling that the hanging is down to the demo data feed stalling and VT not being able to recover once the feed has been re-established. Must look into upgrading my own CMS account.

I wish that there was a FX53 version for MetaTrader, much happier with that platform.
regarding upgrade CMS account - the min. amount is "only" €200 has to be placed into the opening account, so there is no cost

Cheers

Ok, yeah I had a earler version then 1.9.3

yeah, MT4 version would do me nicely, but the programming hours / costs are extremly high or so I've been told.

Ok, yeah I had a earler version then 1.9.3

yeah, MT4 version would do me nicely, but the programming hours / costs are extremly high or so I've been told.

...but not as long and costly as working out how the FX53 system works!

hi guys further to 8.47am post... i decided this morning when 012 came out not to take it . i have been fairly bullish on £ and long usd/gpy so couldnt understand this trade and came to the conclusion that i would stop playing by the rules while the market is like this. having watched all the videos this is not how kevin normally trades. we are being asked to sell the days low and buy the days high. yesterday it worked but as i say i was a bull of £ so took it. 013 i decided to take but not immediately and with a much wider stop. got out for 16 pips profit before going to matinee cinema !

my point is not to be clever but to protect my money. kevins trend reversal system seemed very profitable and since buying the system last autumn i have played the ca2 system with some success. im only part time so thought the text service would be useful.im trying to learn again before going full time. to me fx53 is a great system but i dont really get the entry levels on the texts we are being given so have decided for now to take each signal on its merits and play around a bit.

most of my other trades have been in pairs which have much tighter spreads (eur/usd, eur/gbp etc). was hoping more of the signals would have been for other pairs than the beast with its 16 pip spread. a good example is usd/jpy where it has done well on hour and 5 min using ca2 over the last week. someone mentioned the dow and you can trade that in the afternoon on a 2 pip spread at twoway spreads !!

anyway just some thoughts. dont get me wrong i love fx53 and kevin has done an amazing job with it but he seems to be moving away from what he's good at and it just isnt working right now so i am being cautious when a text arrives. i am 3% down at the moment which i deem a result.

Hi Guys
can anybody tel me what happened to the following alerts
18/2/9 005a
? 011
24/2/9 013a

did'nt take long to screw that up

Hi Guys
can anybody tel me what happened to the following alerts
18/2/9 005a
? 011
24/2/9 013a

did'nt take long to screw that up

I concur with jasonfxtrader

Are you receiving all of the texts?

005A received by text on 18/02/2009 @ 09:11
011A not sent out, the service jumped to 0012A
013A received by text on 24/02/2009 @ 11:04

Thanks for that, receiving all texts but got called away on family duty and screwed up.
Must try harder , I've heard that somewhere before.

well at current prices 015 has recovered nearly all the previous losses which i had at 216 pips ! i did wonder this morning when we had 2 orders again but its turned out well.

well at current prices 015 has recovered nearly all the previous losses which i had at 216 pips ! i did wonder this morning when we had 2 orders again but its turned out well.

Yeah, it's quite strange really. in hindsight, we see 4 RAP to the downside then 2 hours later 4 RAP to the upside, both on the 1hr chart. But he gave entry orders before the arrows had printed, or thats my speculation for his reasoning for putting those orders into the market.

anyway, let's see how far this price goes

Don't count your chickens before they're hatched!

I'll be happier at 17:00 GMT when hopefully that nice juicy H4 green arrow will still be there.

Yeah, it's quite strange really. in hindsight, we see 4 RAP to the downside then 2 hours later 4 RAP to the upside, both on the 1hr chart. But he gave entry orders before the arrows had printed, or thats my speculation for his reasoning for putting those orders into the market.

anyway, let's see how far this price goes

This week, I've see one 4RAP to the upside on M30, two 4RAPs to the down side on M15 but only one 4RAP to the upside on H1.

Am I missing something?

This week, I've see one 4RAP to the upside on M30, two 4RAPs to the down side on M15 but only one 4RAP to the upside on H1.

Am I missing something?

no, it's me. I was looking at the wrong chart ! :eek:

less typing, more charting

no, it's me. I was looking at the wrong chart ! :eek:

less typing, more charting

I completely understand.

Went to bed last night and when I closed my eyes I saw large green and pink arrows floating over a black surface! I even recognized a RAP or two! Quite sad really.

Less charting, more snoozing!

Looks like we are going into a down trend on the GY 1hr chart, if the price can close where it is now within 10min