FX-2007: Jan 08 > Jan 12

How was 2006 for you? (compared to 04/05)

• Above average returns

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Average returns

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Below average returns

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No meaningful returns - still learning

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Got better - improved strategy

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Got better - improved money management

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Got better - improved psychology/mentoring

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm pretty undecided on where we're going today. I've got 1 more order (short @ 408) from the BO strat left, think I'll leave it at that for the day.

I am looking for a short ,
the third leg down
but we may have wait a day or two

waiting to short the dax as well
think i will go and get a cup of coffee

Took a short while waiting for the long, tight stop though. Still think there's a little more upside before falling more... since when have I become an FX guru though!?

Priceman said:
Took a short while waiting for the long, tight stop though. Still think there's a little more upside before falling more... since when have I become an FX guru though!?

your thing about it all
and thats what matters

my best wishes to you and your wife at this special time
today may be the day that you have your child
your lives will never be the same again

hornblower said:

in case i didnt say it before, i second this.

and, try go out as much as you can, cause after the sprog arrives you will be grounded for 7 years :cheesy:

j

jacinto said:
in case i didnt say it before, i second this.

and, try go out as much as you can, cause after the sprog arrives you will be grounded for 7 years :cheesy:

j

Jac
what you should have said was ,that when you go out you have to take a carload of stuff with you
how can one little person need so much stuff?

hornblower said:
your thing about it all
and thats what matters

Don't say that mate I'm in a position :LOL: Thanks for the kind words. What is it doing though atm, nothing by the looks at it!! Then you move from the screen and all hell breaks loose.

How do you guys manage to trade with little'uns running around all over the place?

Ok now for technical talk... I have the 100ema on the hourly at 26, we peeked above it this morning but it doesn't want to stay there so hence my short. Also on the daily there's the 50ema at 25 so I am hoping for a bounce down off these.

Any thoughts from anyone else?

Priceman said:
Don't say that mate I'm in a position :LOL: Thanks for the kind words. What is it doing though atm, nothing by the looks at it!! Then you move from the screen and all hell breaks loose.

How do you guys manage to trade with little'uns running around all over the place?

Ok now for technical talk... I have the 100ema on the hourly at 26, we peeked above it this morning but it doesn't want to stay there so hence my short. Also on the daily there's the 50ema at 25 so I am hoping for a bounce down off these.

Any thoughts from anyone else?

about kids running around, i use a simple strategy: lock them up :devilish:

have a look at the price formations when price rejected 8500, 8830....in each case a strong move up, started with a double bottom.

see pitchfork. IMHO, that is the new trend. two scenarios if this is a new trend.
a) price will retrace strongly only to give a stronger move up
b) slight retrace for a move that starts slow on the bumpy road up.

j

looking at a 15 min chart on the 8th of jan a low at 1 am
the price followed the 45 degree gann line all day
and today it is going sidways
I use a 40ema and if I am in a trade , I need the price to be above the 40ema for a long
and below for a short
as I type the price is just above the line
am flat at the moment

right, got to go unlock the sprog.
the european session looks worse than the typical asian range. guess the yanks will give a decent breakout. catch u then.
ah, and if the move starts without me, tell it to retrace please. lol
j

three words for you CBeebies Citv Nickelodeon think of it as background pit noise :LOL:

IMO 390 would not be a good place to go long

Frustrating huh?? Still short from 14 but I really don't know what's going to happen now. Dollar looks strong but so does sterling. I think it probably depends on whether 1.30 and 1.24 (EUR & CHF) holds

long 27

edit.. now be. Cbeebies is good, but not that good. stoped out,.

long again, no2w 5

Last edited:
hi all, still short from this am's vebo @412. Also long 386 from a swing entry yesterday, trailing and with a 200 pip limit.

ChowClown said:
short from this am's vebo @412.
...stop to b/e, sooner than usual based on no news day and long bias, from this week's swing north so far....now flat vebo.