FX-2007: Jan 15 > Jan 19

Finally, success! Set limit on short at 640, went out for an hour or so, came back and it's been triggered (by a fluke of a whisker) for +64pt. Just about made up for Tuesday's silliness now.

Crap Buddist said:
what too many things do you have going on that distract from scalping ?

Things like work and children. I think that you need full concentration to be able to scalp properly.

covered @ 24 , I better have a cup o tea. thos 2 trades paid for the few howlers.... This reversal lark ive clocked it just need to tie it in.

a_gnome said:
Things like work and children. I think that you need full concentration to be able to scalp properly.

Agree, an isolation tank would fit the bill. That can take time trying to position to give yourself the time to concentrate. If you did go total commitment, then its important to have your families support, because its quite typical for some people to change through selfish immersion .

Holding a short from 729, I m just gonna hold it and watch. all signs to me look like downside, hopefully all mini thrusts up sub 700 will be met with very big hammers indeed.

Piptastic, saved a few and gained a few pips, and now repositioned short 740. Lets see if the **** will fall out of it from here on.

Phil Mibbutz said:
Also went short again earlier at 743, CP. What's your target. Some worrying jumps upward so far...

sorry to ask, but where exactly is your stop?

Phil Mibbutz said:
Also went short again earlier at 743, CP. What's your target. Some worrying jumps upward so far...

Worrying yes? you seen those hourlies? :) they might continue up yet, this next hour bar i'll be following tightly. Would be very cautious for my short if it starts trading 52/55.

Target wise, i try to base it on trends,(and they can change) but if it trades below 730, i'll likely hold .

Hourlies today are still down from that punch to 630 odd although they have been lofted up, its tight but they be slightly down and at the point for decision I think, hence this hour should be interesting .

jacinto said:
well, hope you have a large stop, cause i got a target at 9810.

No not a large stop, i'll either reverse and pile in trading through mid 50, or cut at the same.
but hard stop is at 62. In case im not quick enough, news or im not at the screen.

5 minute trends peeling down a bit.

well, in terms of probability, assuming the folllowing is representative, which is not:

today got 2 out of 3 right
the 2 right, missed them by say 10 pips.

so 66% of 9800 being hit, with an overnight low of 9720 ish
and 33% of this going down

uptrend, apparent daily close above 9730 key resistance. seems like the 66% is a strong case.

sill finetunning, so no trade on my side.

j

Morning HB, thought I'd have a look in before everyone started confusing me with their thoughts ;)

See Wasp isn't interested in us anymore he's one of the big guns now who pops in from time to time :cool:

Anyway will look in again later, got some figures to work on. Good trading

that upmove I think was a con, im showing 15's down 5's still down and hourlies about to go back down, i'd need to see steady holding mid 50's yet for to convince an upside break is coming.

I can see whats happening the hourlies overnight have moved up over the trend line and the last 3 hours gone back down over it flatline snake like , hence the chop, whats keeping holding the short and not buying like a mad man is the 15's and the 5's both still down.

If the 5's roll up i'll likely go with em on the upside break take a loss . lets see what happens next half hour.

Morning everyone

Thanks for the welcome yesterday :)

Well made some on a short from the trendline break yesterday and then got some more on the bounce from the 9640's so at least came out ahead. currently flat on cable

A not unusual move yesterday, strong CPI makes everyone buy the USD and then after 15 minutes thinking about it everyone comes to the conclusion that it's irrelevant and won't change the Feds stance in the ST so treasuries come back and USD goes back to where it started.

Fundamentals purely on the interest differential support a stronger GBP against the EUR and USD, but...... we have had a pretty big move of 500 pips straight up in the last 2 weeks so even though I don't doubt we will have a go at breaking 9850 for an attempted run at 2.0 in the next couple of weeks there's not much momentum from current levels.

The fly in the ointment is swissy being stretched to the topside and looks like i wants to correct lower, similarly EUR/GBP stretched on the downside. so if those 2 converge then cable could still head up unless there is a correction on the crosses.

A bit of a conundrum. I'm asuming swissy and EUR/GBP will converge so have taken the obvious cross trade to take advantage of that,

Shorted GBP/CHF this morning @ 2.4612 potential shooting star on the daily and big negative D on the 4hr. No firm downside target, will use the 4hr chart for an exit, bit 2.4311 looks like a potential first target

On cable going to wait to see what happens after the retail numbers but have taken a 1 week long call with a 9860 strike for 35 pips and a 1 week long put with a 9585 strike for 24 pips.

Not looking so much for those to make money more as a forward hedge so I can short from the 9850's or long from 9580's within the next week with no downsid risk.

Anyway - just my views :|

Attachments

• gbpchf daily.gif
    gbpchf daily.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 183
  • gbpchf 4hr.gif
    gbpchf 4hr.gif
    19.8 KB · Views: 165