FX-2007: Jan 08 > Jan 12

How was 2006 for you? (compared to 04/05)

• Above average returns

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Average returns

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Below average returns

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No meaningful returns - still learning

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Got better - improved strategy

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Got better - improved money management

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Got better - improved psychology/mentoring

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jacinto said:
morning all, testing a new method now.

currently long from 12, now at BE, looking for 9390, probably 9410

good luck today

well, this new support and resistance method appears to give good targets.....9390 was met, and 9410 missed by 5 pips.

unfortunately for me, it didnt account a deeper pullback. thought the double bottom was enough. need to fine tune it.

it also caught the low of the retracement to 9280 :eek:

will keep posting as i fine tune it. pleas dont ask yet.
j

Took a quick short at 90 and took 10pips.

I'll go long karmit at your limit... is that what you plan to do?

Now not convinced this baby is falling much more... but hey as Roy Walker always said 'trade what you see' (or words to that effect ;))

Priceman said:

Now not convinced this baby is falling much more... but hey as Roy Walker always said 'trade what you see' (or words to that effect ;))

well, in theory, pattern targets are at 9425-30. then again, high low range is 135 pips, which is the average daily range, so that short could be good for a retracement. but if at all to 60, doubt 50 will let itself be seen today, particularly with now a Daily double bottom. i

if price did go to 9430ish and closed above 94, we would have a nice daily tweezer bottom.

Priceman said:

If it breaches my limit then yes.. possibly go long.. as long as that happens
before 18:30, I'm trying to keep my forex trades strictly within 09:00 - 18:30
UK time.

Priceman said:
Did you notice you're a veteran now jac? does it make you feel old? ;)

Any life left in this today or shall we call it a day?

err, guess i should start keeping to myself. the more i write the older i get.

well, some guy DCsomething told me to keep it to myself, but between us, think it still can run to 9430. I have to call it a day, i have a 4 year old sprog (loved the word :LOL: ) next to me, so cant.

my chart still points long

jacinto said:
err, guess i should start keeping to myself. the more i write the older i get.

well, some guy DCsomething told me to keep it to myself, but between us, think it still can run to 9430. I have to call it a day, i have a 4 year old sprog (loved the word :LOL: ) next to me, so cant.

my chart still points long
Excellent mate, glad you like the word and I give something of value to the thread now and then even if it has nothing to do with trading! Still waiting on my sprog, we've got an appointment with the gynae on Wed so will know more of when he may come then.

I'm not in any position atm, waiting for next signal. I reckon if the Eur can get to 50 I'll short cable then, obviously depending on what happens. Will keep an eye on the screen, not today though me thinks..

Tara for now

morning all,

my new and untested S&R method suggests a fall to 9405-10 probably even 9390, for a rise to follow to 9540-60. lets see if it works.

good day
j

interetsing. i just closed an overnight long at 9435. looking for around 9403 to possibly get back in...we'll see

Morning, I'll also try to get back in for a long around 80-90 depending on how the fall goes...

Short @ 14...doesn't look too promising although USD/CHF continues to pressurise resistance and EUR/GBP holding up a little