FUTEX-Help on 1st round interview

you need to perform well on the sim in order to trade with real money.

whats the point to trade with real money if you lose all the time on the sim ?

you need to perform well on the sim in order to trade with real money.

whats the point to trade with real money if you lose all the time on the sim ?

What you say makes absolute sense and I agree with it 100% and has the potential to be quite revealing. By the same token, a trainee at Futex on a simulator for a lengthy period of time could only be made to stay on a simulator because he/she has not found their feet consistently making profits. Otherwise, they would be trading with hard cash.

Like you say, what's the point of trading real money when someone is losing all the time on a simulator(y)

because subconciously grad knows that its a fake money?

so they will tend to lose more money on the sim because of that ???

then they are not serious about trading and if you are not serious in this job you have 0.000000000% chances to succeed.

What you say makes absolute sense and I agree with it 100% and has the potential to be quite revealing. By the same token, a trainee at Futex on a simulator for a lengthy period of time could only be made to stay on a simulator because he/she has not found their feet consistently making profits. Otherwise, they would be trading with hard cash.

Like you say, what's the point of trading real money when someone is losing all the time on a simulator(y)

yes tafita you are right !!

on the other hand blancspa having a hard time to understand that sim has to be treated as a "live market" if you want to have chances with the live market.

yes tafita you are right !!

on the other hand blancspa having a hard time to understand that sim has to be treated as a "live market" if you want to have chances with the live market.

I would argue that there is nothing wrong with learning to trade on a simulator. Is there any other way? But trading with real cash is a whole new ball game. In much the same way as learning to drive a car.

Do you have a view on trainees who stay on a simulator for approximately a year and then leave?

Futex first interview

Hi Guys

The forum is a great source of information so thank you so much!

I have got passed the assessment stage for Futex and have been invited back next week for an interview,

I have read through the majority of the threads but if there is anyone out there that has been interviewed recently or can offer fresh knowledge /opinions, it would be much appreciated,

I will keep you posted,

NTB

was you at the assesment centre on thu 13aug2009? if so, i didnt hear back from them so i presumed i didnt get through =(

Hi Guys

The forum is a great source of information so thank you so much!

I have got passed the assessment stage for Futex and have been invited back next week for an interview,

I have read through the majority of the threads but if there is anyone out there that has been interviewed recently or can offer fresh knowledge /opinions, it would be much appreciated,

I will keep you posted,

NTB

was you at the assesment centre on thu 13aug2009? if so, i didnt hear back from them so i presumed i didnt get through =(

Yes, I was there the 13th August, thats unfortunate mate...maybe they will come back to you during the week?

However, Schneider and Met are taking on now too which should be good opportunities also if you wanted to try them?

Yes I went to the assessment on the 13th as well however feel that I will not receive a call up for the first interview.
How did you guys find the assessment?
Personally I thought the whole setup and running of the assessment to be pathetic and totally unprofessional. I would assume that no one will get a call up from this assessment day. If anyone could answer the first two tests in 8 minutes or less then they are geniouses. The lady controlling the assessment didnt have a clue what she was doing and I counted only 8 minutes available to complete the first two tests only after reading the examples and realising that she has just walked straight out and put us on the clock immediately did I begin the test. However I feel for the lads at the other end of the room by the end of the tests because she clearly starting counting the minute she put the paper on the first table. They had no hope.

Futex assessment experience - pls help

Hello,

Has anyone got through to joining Futex?. If so share your experiences of being with them and at what stage you are at.

Also, if given the job is it based at Woking or London?.

I would appreciate anyone (obviously not employees of Futex) to share their experiences and respond as soon as possible.

Thank you
Zaf

Dont waste your time. Its based in woking and they couldnt give a damn about you at all. Especially if your giving up your own time to travel out there and apply to work for them. They can treat you like crap and you cant even complain or provide feedback because they give you nothing

There are plenty of places in London so i'd look there.

Dont waste your time. Its based in woking and they couldnt give a damn about you at all. Especially if your giving up your own time to travel out there and apply to work for them. They can treat you like crap and you cant even complain or provide feedback because they give you nothing

I'm guessing you're talking from experience then? Care to share to shed a little more light on what it's like there?

I'm guessing you're talking from experience then? Care to share to shed a little more light on what it's like there?

Yes, they are sh*t.

Just look at some of the the alumni that post on these boards.

Come on you guys, pull your finger out! What is it that you are looking for? Trading success? You can get that without these souless vipers

So you came out to Woking to interview, didn't get the job, and what, you were expecting them to take you to one side and pat you on the back? How many firms have you applied to that have a complaints department for people who didn't get offered a position? Grow up mate, the guys upstairs don't have time to personally coddle each of the many hundreds of people who don't make it past interview.

Anyone reading any threads about Futex, or any other firm, should bear in mind that T2W has a large population of people who want to be traders, but aren't for one reason or another. A high percentage of these people will have, at some point, applied to Futex, Schneider's etc. and failed to get through. Some of these people still offer sound advice, some choose to be petty. Anyone who has a legitimate chance of making it should be able to see past this and get to the information that matters; don't talk to me about it since that will only give idiots like tafita more material to lube themselves with - talk to one of the other guys, or pick up the phone and make a call, find out for yourself. 9 new trainees have just started, if you can find one of them on here I'm sure they'll give you an account of their experiences so far.

I went for a final interview with Paolo, Mark and John about a year ago and despite the fact I didn't get through, I am very grateful to them for the time they took to interview me.

Rather than seeing it as a waste of time, I actually took away quite a lot. I realised my gaps in knowledge and looking back, I'll be honest and say I probably wasn't quite ready to be taken on. I had the enthusiasm and my knowledge of the markets was pretty sound (I wasn't one of those people who needed to check the Financial Times that morning to see where the FTSE ended up). But I hadn't read deeply enough. I couldn't demonstrate that trading was what I REALLY wanted to do. Ok, I knew it in my MIND, but I had hadn't done the depth of reading that is truly required to show devotion. I hadn't heard of "Market Wizards", didn't understand what a fibonacci retracement was and at the time I would even have struggled to pinpoint any setup whatsoever.

One year on and I'm very happy where I've got to. There's no doubt that I would have got there much quicker if I'd been taken on by Futex, but that's not the point. The point is that I was determined to become a trader and that's all that matters. I took the knockback from Futex with humility and went away more determined. Over the last 12 months, I've read countless books, studied charts until my eyes have bled, and read through 10,000s of forum posts to understand what this trading is all about. Had I been taken on by Futex before I was ready, I probably would have gone into it with complacency.

I can now look back and think, "if they knew how much I was prepared to put in, maybe they should have given me a shot", but at the time I was interviewed, I'm not entirely sure even I would have hired me! You have to remember that they refuse people for a reason.

I believe that people who are bitter when rejected from the likes of Futex are just the people who expect trading to work overnight and also believe that trading owes them a living. It doesn't.

That all said, I did ask Futex for feedback on the interview twice and got no response ..... Even if it is their policy not to give feedback for whatever reason, an one-liner email to explain this would have been nice.

I would say Futex are pretty ****. They same extremely incompetent and I wouldn't bother when there are numerous firms in London and elsewhere that provide decent training. If people want to apply to them after knowing the generally poor reputation they have, then good luck to them.

'numerous firms in London and elsewhere that provide decent training' - I challenge you to name three.

As for the reputation, I'd say that the many multi-millionaires the firm has both produced and attracted would argue the opposite. I'd imagine someone putting down money as margin with a firm and committing to trade there would know a little about its credentials. I'll take their opinion over yours, thanks very much.

'numerous firms in London and elsewhere that provide decent training' - I challenge you to name three.

As for the reputation, I'd say that the many multi-millionaires the firm has both produced and attracted would argue the opposite. I'd imagine someone putting down money as margin with a firm and committing to trade there would know a little about its credentials. I'll take their opinion over yours, thanks very much.

FWIW, my opinion is that Futex are s h i t, pure s h i t.