FTSE 100 - Live trades as part of an exercise

LOL!

Someone's been peeking @ IP addresses.

Might be handy though - if I ever forget where my house is, I'll ask C_V...

oh purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrlease!

didn't you know my isp is in manchester?

ecky thump we have string on cups all the way to bridlington!

interesting timing - do you refer to the Uk Services Pmi that came out at 0930am gmt ? Cable has been dragged down all morning by a weak € -vs- $ but has found a bottom (howsoever temporary or permanent) at 5536..£ not as weak as € against $ so far.

This is what I am see-ing between your entry and your stop:

5536 Current Daily Lo
5532 Weekly Pivot @/around
5531-21 Previous 4hr/1hr sw hi zone incl 5531 = Daily S2 @/around
5515/14 50% 5360-5669/76.4% 5466-5669
---------------------------------
5496 85.4% 5466-5669

G/L with this trade,

i am long gbp/usd due to good data

long 1.5549

sl = 1.55

tgt = 1.56

interesting timing - do you refer to the Uk Services Pmi that came out at 0930am gmt ? Cable has been dragged down all morning by a weak € -vs- $ but has found a bottom (howsoever temporary or permanent) at 5536..£ not as weak as € against $ so far.

This is what I am see-ing between your entry and your stop:

5536 Current Daily Lo
5532 Weekly Pivot @/around
5531-21 Previous 4hr/1hr sw hi zone incl 5531 = Daily S2 @/around
5515/14 50% 5360-5669/76.4% 5466-5669
---------------------------------
5496 85.4% 5466-5669

G/L with this trade,

"Cable has been dragged down all morning by a weak € -vs- $ but has found a bottom"

yes that is why I am long. Cable also pierced 200 MA on 60mins chart and previous resistance = support

Thank you for your analysis it is much appreciated, very good insight.

Do you trade cable regularly ?

Attachments

• Spot FX GBP_USD (DFB)60m.png
    Spot FX GBP_USD (DFB)60m.png
    16.4 KB · Views: 140
interesting timing - do you refer to the Uk Services Pmi that came out at 0930am gmt

yes .......

PMI in the UK, jumping unexpectedly to 54.0 against previous estimates of 51.5

better data = less chances of more QE = high probability of rate hikes = short squeeze = higher £

95% of my trades are on spot cable...it is my preferred instrument.

Your timing was interesting re that data in that you entered almost 1hr after it came out and price kept falling after it's release.

Anyways,

G/L

"Cable has been dragged down all morning by a weak € -vs- $ but has found a bottom"

yes that is why I am long. Cable also pierced 200 MA on 60mins chart and previous resistance = support

Thank you for your analysis it is much appreciated, very good insight.

Do you trade cable regularly ?

Attachments

• z.jpg
    z.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 148
you misunderstand - 95% is the percentage of total trades I take, - on cable - not the success rate. As for sharing insight - quality analysis is pretty much wasted here I'm afraid - it wasn't always the case but I have become more and more convinced that it is now so I tend to mostly refrain from that now.

WOW ....:clap:

very impressive, I hope you share your insight with us more often.

My success rate is nowhere near that

you misunderstand - 95% is the percentage of total trades I take, - on cable - not the success rate. As for sharing insight - quality analysis is pretty much wasted here I'm afraid - it wasn't always the case but I have become more and more convinced that it is now so I tend to mostly refrain from that now.

Stop being a spoil sport. Nobody ever flamed your posts or your threads.

I am currently flat... but take no view other than what I can see - ie what are the overall price action conditions on the t/f's of interest to me (ranging or trending) and if trending is it classically or generally ? ... and of course the overall intraday move/sentiment is importnat too as I trade intraday positions. My analysis is not predictive, I just trade an edge and what I see...Today whilst I was trading I saw a downtrend develop on the t/f's of interest to me and traded accordingly as it became obvious rally attempts were being sold, although I do go long twice at potential support confluences for pullback gains only on those.

G/L

apologies

what is your current view on cable , do you have a position active?

Where do people think the ftse is going from here I belive it may recover to 5700 levels due to us data and Merkel meeting on Monday before making its descend down.

:LOL: It's also worth mentioning that when "the whole market" goes into a "risk off" type situation, in this case a flight to the dollar and the jappy, then a piddling bit of good news for gbp will not halt the slide.