FTSE 100 - Live trades as part of an exercise

I spoke to my teacher today and he was impressed with my performance considering I am a new trader, especially this week as it was very hard to read due to the thin volume volatility as it was the holiday season. He sad he wanted me to trade in such an environment(very hard when there are people praying for your trades to fail), he said if you can swim in the deep end then the shallow end will become very easy.

He said that to break even in the 1st year of trading is an achievement, let alone make profit.

He was satisfied with my ability to spot trade set ups and execute them without fear.

This lesson has been a vital learning curve for me, it has been very tiring but very rewarding in terms of my education as a new trader.

Friday will be my last day and then he wants me to focus on my own trading privately and focus on the best set ups.

I will kindly ask Barjon to close this thread down as a read only after friday and I hope it benefits a new trader.

My message to every new and aspiring trader is to have hope and never give up, remain steadfast in your journey and you will certainly achieve success.

Thank you for taking time out to read this blog, I can't believe it got more than 6500 hits in 5 days.

I will certainly remain at trade2win and interact as trading alone can be boring, but maintaining a blog is very hard work and time consuming ...especially when you get immature people trying to ruin your thread.

I trade CFD's .....

I have been told by my teacher to take on average + 20 trades a day in order to kill my 2 emotions of

fear and greed

He said ..see trade set up , take it !!

see trade , take it !!

etc etc

please read start of thread

3 days = avg of 60 trades for the week
pips risked = avg of 60 x 30 = 1800 pips risked
pips/points lost -10 (so we are led to believe) @ £10 per pip = £-100
hours worked 6am - 1 am each day = at least 14 hour days

so you have risked £18000 and spend every waking hour to make - £100.

This is someone who has been "trained" at a cost of £250 by wallstreet1928 - (we stil cannot be sure it isnt wallstreet or any of his cronies)

face facts.

My last 2 trades for this week are going to be swing trades

I am long ftse 5636 , sl 5536 , tgt = 5736

i am long nasdaq 2345 , sl 2305 , tgt 2385

I will update my results on friday night

I am now going to enjoy friday and get some rest

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has been respectful and understanding.

I come in peace and I will go in peace

Attachments

• FTSE 100  .png
    FTSE 100 .png
    17.2 KB · Views: 182
  • NASDAQ-100.png
    NASDAQ-100.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 182
Well, so long to the thread...

Before you congratulate yourself on almost breaking even, you might want to consider that if you traded randomly, with zero edge, you'd have gotten the same results.

I wouldn't therefore, recommend you quadruple your size for next week when everybody finally sobers up.

I don't think it was.

I think the Yorkshire/Manchester thing saw someone re-assess the wisdom in continuing.

Sorry, DT, I think I've missed something. What Yorkshire/Manchester thing?

I am surprised by the shortness of the exercise. Three days proves nothing much. A bit of a damp squib.

:LOL:

I think there's a great deal more you missed as well !

Could be, but ff and I are abrasive to one another. I've put him and his thread on ignore. Nothing personal, just so that we don't waste each others time.

As far as you are concerned, I, really, did not understand your post and am sorry if I offended. It was not my intention.

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has been respectful and understanding.

My nasdaq long and ftse long are active

I aim to make in excess of + 100 points today

The week is not over so reserve your judgement until the evening.....i would hate for you to eat your own words and be humiliated.

The immaturity and uneducated nature of the comments are shocking

How you would get a job with comments like that are beyond me, religious discrimination and sexual harassment are not tolerated in the work environment.

That is probably why you people sit on a blog all day criticising = sign of insanity and depression if you ask me.

To my critics, please feel free to set up your own thread and post live trades if you can do it better ? Then I will pass judgement on your trades ....lets see how you like it ?

so far so good on my longs

My nasdaq long and ftse long are active

I aim to make in excess of + 100 points today

The week is not over so reserve your judgement until the evening.....i would hate for you to eat your own words and be humiliated.

The immaturity and uneducated nature of the comments are shocking

How you would get a job with comments like that are beyond me, religious discrimination and sexual harassment are not tolerated in the work environment.

That is probably why you people sit on a blog all day criticising = sign of insanity and depression if you ask me.

To my critics, please feel free to set up your own thread and post live trades if you can do it better ? Then I will pass judgement on your trades ....lets see how you like it ?

To be vaguely seriious for a moment, you must realise that you'd have to keep the thread going for far longer before the results would be meaningful.

I'm not about until this evening when I'll summarize the week and comment. In the meantime please don't let it develop into a free-for-all rough house. Thanks

jon

post some live trades for us ?

lets see your vendor system?

I haven't got a system. Systems are for losers. :p

As for live trades - I'm a short term day trader... as such my trades could well be over by the time I posted the entry.

Still, I can do a statement thingy from yesterday, seeing as you asked nicely. First trading day of the year for me.

The stocks are longer term holdings, the ES was the day trades. You will of course recognise that the account number on IB begins with U8... and is not a SIM account. I blanked out most of it for obvious reasons.

ESYesterday.png

Perhaps you could reciprocate with something similar from your broker.

funny how some posts just disappear init ?

do I detect that littleangel is not littleangel anymore

Is someone else using her keyboard ?