fancy trading from barcelona, anyone?

95% win rate

Hello Gary,

Well I have been trading with some of the best traders in the world, guys that make over 70 million a year and they don´t even have a 95% win rate. so that´s sounds pretty high. Buy you can backtest it on almost any platform to check and see if he´s right. I personally am just an intra-day swing trader and my win rate is around 75% but my winners are 5-10 times bigger than my lossers. but those are just numbers. anybody can hand you a holy grail but if you don´t know how their using it. sometimes it doesn´t matter. the most important thing is trading your plan. do you live in Barcelona?

please tell us more about it.

Hi Brad, my names Gary ive been trading 10 yrs+
An old friend taught me a method of trading stocks an indices which has proved to have a 95% success rate the over 5% are still active. Im looking to trade more actively an give up my day job, might be good to share ideas.

Hello Gary,

Well I have been trading with some of the best traders in the world, guys that make over 70 million a year and they don´t even have a 95% win rate. so that´s sounds pretty high. Buy you can backtest it on almost any platform to check and see if he´s right. I personally am just an intra-day swing trader and my win rate is around 75% but my winners are 5-10 times bigger than my lossers. but those are just numbers. anybody can hand you a holy grail but if you don´t know how their using it. sometimes it doesn´t matter. the most important thing is trading your plan. do you live in Barcelona?

No Canterbury Kent,the basis of the strategy is to reconise where the market maker absorbs the selling then no matter how far the price drops he will always return to the price or he will go bust.

No Canterbury UK,the basis of the strategy is to reconise where the market maker absorbs the selling then no matter how far the price drops he will always return to the price or he will go bust.

i think that´s a held bid

what i think you are referring to is a held bid. when the bid keeps getting smacked and never drops and selling orders keep going through, and through, and through and now matter what the bid doesn´t drop. that´s a held bid. and then if it doesn´t drop then the price will move significantly higher. that´s from reading the tape. is that what you are referring to? or are you talking about something else?

because if you are saying that he is absorbing the selling and also dropping the price, then what´s the catalyst to know when it will stop dropping and start moving back up?

Hello Gary,

Hi froelibt,

This post is pretty amazing. When you say 70 million you mean DAY TRADING stocks, not futures ? that's more impressive than Rotter , andy priston and dan zanger ! Could you tell us more about what kind of strategy that guy was using?

Day trading stocks, but that was back in 1999 and it was a completely different type of market then, you could buy qualcomm and it would go up 100 points in one day. in today's market environment it´s a lot different. you can still do 7 figures but that takes many years of experience and has nothing to do with the strategy or system it has to do with experience. and the only way to get that is to work very, very, very, very,very, hard and become consistently profitable and then start to grow and increase the size of your positions. the strategy is irrelevant. it´s like a personality, everybody has their own way of trading. what makes you money is the process and understanding the intra day fundamentals of how the market works. I am sure this isn't what anybody wants to hear, but it´s the truth. you don´t get rich overnight. it takes a lot of work and discipline. do you think you could play poker as well as phil ivey if he just told you what hands he played? it´s kind of the same thing. it´s how he thinks that´s important and he did that with years of working at it and being psychologically sound and using strategic methodology

Just as a matter of interest did any of you guys manage to set up an office in Barcelona ? I see phatfish and co. started out 5 years ago, so ?

in Barcelona there is WTS Securties, if you would like their contact information let me know. It´s a proprietary us equity trading firm that will leverage you over 50:1. the only stipulation is that you can´t be american, but if are from anywhere else in the world then you can open an account there for as little as 1,500 euros and get up to 500,000 dollars in buying power with a 80/20 profit split or they have a different plan for a 90/10 profit split if you like their information. send an email to [email protected]

in Barcelona there is WTS Securties, if you would like their contact information let me know. It´s a proprietary us equity trading firm that will leverage you over 50:1. the only stipulation is that you can´t be american, but if are from anywhere else in the world then you can open an account there for as little as 1,500 euros and get up to 500,000 dollars in buying power with a 80/20 profit split or they have a different plan for a 90/10 profit split if you like their information. send an email to [email protected]

Thanks for the info.
It is too big a leap for me from my fav rocking chair, but good luck guys.

Hi Brad just back,a new position has emerged the 1st this year,the market makers have absorbed the selling on us 30 cash @ 15785.73 on31/01/14 about 14-50pm let the market drop 100 pts and buy,dont place any stops. If it drops again tomorrow buy it again at 100 pt increments.You will go out of the money but the acumalative bet will out way your losses when the price returns to 15785.Paper trade this and see how you get on! Is it raining in Barcelona ?

What are the world detritus, Sir? Excuse my ignorance

Hi,

I'm seriously interested in opening a trading office in Barcelona. It's a great city, has everything you'd want. Great nightlife, restaurants and is by the sea. Barcelona has also just completed a major fibre optic network installation. I'm at the point where I want to start trading serious size (index futures) but want the benefit of dedicated connectivity and some company. I don't want to move to london (expensive, cold and full of the worlds detritus). What's the point when I can just as easily trade from Barcelona and go sailing at the weekend?

So, the deal is simply that a few of us share the costs of setting up an arcade; we have the best facilities and resources for a reasonably small cost (@500 euro/month for a modern and stylish office). Perhaps set up an offshore account to trade through and look into getting exchange membership? If we do enough volume then a broker may put in a direct line for free? All this is possible with a little effort. I'm up for it and if you are independant, able, ready to commit for at least 6 months and willing to throw in a couple of $1000 into the start up pot then it could be for you. This is a serious proposition. If you are a profitable trader (or nearly net profitable but struggling to find your groove), probably futures although not necessarily and are free to up sticks and move (maybe in the new year) then feel free to reply.

Any feedback from prop/arcade traders as to the possible hurdles/ experiences that we may encounter would be much appreciated, thanks.