fancy trading from barcelona, anyone?

Hi - The idea was to have a shared office to cut down costs and create an environment to work with other traders in a casual way (i.e. not an trading arcade). An office in a top class environment, works out around 350 euros/month each if 8 to 10 traders share. Which is better that the 1000's of euros I was quoted to rent an office for myself, or rent a desk in an arcade.

That's something in the pipeline, as there has been some interest - It's not an arcade, as I'm a trader the same as anyone else

Another idea is to have a traders meetup - maybe in a local pub or something - Just to give people a chance to meet like minded traders in the same location

Cheers, James

Hi - The idea was to have a shared office to cut down costs and create an environment to work with other traders in a casual way (i.e. not an trading arcade). An office in a top class environment, works out around 350 euros/month each if 8 to 10 traders share. Which is better that the 1000's of euros I was quoted to rent an office for myself, or rent a desk in an arcade.

That's something in the pipeline, as there has been some interest - It's not an arcade, as I'm a trader the same as anyone else

Another idea is to have a traders meetup - maybe in a local pub or something - Just to give people a chance to meet like minded traders in the same location

Cheers, James

Hello James,

Are you from or living in Barcelona yourself at the moment? Do you trade for home? Europe or US session?

I do like the idea and if trading from an office I could probably get by on a cheaper/smaller apartment, such that I could justify the costs of joining an office.

But, it seems like I`m stuck in Oslo until summer and quite frankly, I`m not sure my trading have been consistent enough the last months that I would take the chance right now.

Kind regards,

Johnny

yes please keep me informed.

Cheers, James

Hi All! I have been living in Bcn for 5 years so far and trading mostly forex. Send me an email if you would like to get in touch with a bunch of traders from here!
Cheers
David

Re: I'm spanish and

Hello, i am contacting you because you live in barcelona.do you know if there are proprietary trading compagnies in barcelona where ut is possible to rent desks for traders? Thank you for your response.regards.marc.

Re: I'm spanish and

i am now in the uk.

Hello, i am contacting you because you live in barcelona.do you know if there are proprietary trading compagnies in barcelona where ut is possible to rent desks for traders? Thank you for your response.regards.marc.

Hi all,

Been in Barcelona since August 2012, moved from London and Canary Wharf (thank god) Havent been on a tube in 6 months..
I work from home focusing on Emerging Market stocks mainly on IOB and other EU listed stocks that fits the bill. Happy to have a pint!

Really do love it here, if you want an active life style, this is the place.

M

where about in Barcelona are you ?.

Hi all,

Been in Barcelona since August 2012, moved from London and Canary Wharf (thank god) Havent been on a tube in 6 months..
I work from home focusing on Emerging Market stocks mainly on IOB and other EU listed stocks that fits the bill. Happy to have a pint!

M

Hi all,

M

Hi

Glad to hear you are having fun! I cant wait to leave london too! I want to go to spain too. I also want to learn the language so Barcelona would be perfect!

Hi,

I'm seriously interested in opening a trading office in Barcelona. It's a great city, has everything you'd want. Great nightlife, restaurants and is by the sea. Barcelona has also just completed a major fibre optic network installation. I'm at the point where I want to start trading serious size (index futures) but want the benefit of dedicated connectivity and some company. I don't want to move to london (expensive, cold and full of the worlds detritus). What's the point when I can just as easily trade from Barcelona and go sailing at the weekend?

So, the deal is simply that a few of us share the costs of setting up an

are you crazy ?.............my wife would spend the money on clothes faster than I ever made it - hahahahaha :LOL:

N

I have said it before, I want to trade from barca, please advise me more about it.

1. Buy plane ticket to Barcelona - one way.
2. Rent casa - pad.
3. Switch on computer.
4. Log-in to trading screen - trade.
5. Go to disco or sail boat.
6. Repeat from step 3.
7. Let us know how trading from Barcelona is going.
:smart:

Trading in Barcelona should be as easy as from anywhere else. In this online age, what's so tough about it?

It seems to me that the only problem is the unwillingness to do it solo.

I have been doing it for forty years, probably. The only contact that I have with fellow traders is T2W. and, believe me, that's all I've needed.

If anyone is dreaming "pie in the sky" stuff, forget it, if you are unsuccessful where you are. Its no easier here than anywhere else.

you are right,
I just need an office environment and some guidance.

What guidance? You're not trading with real money while you feel this way are you?

Who needs an office when you can trade from your living room?

I looked for clues all over the place but all it came to was this: 1, Learn TA, 2, learn to read the tape, 3, muster the courage to act on your information, 3, have patience while your trade plays out (using open position management).

Know this, 99% of traders fail because 99% of people are brainwashed; NOBODY knows what the market is going to do next - except the Rothschilds perhaps and that's open to debate - as long as you're putting your trust in other peoples judgement and not your own, you're not ready to go live with real cash. No system, no method, works - and EVERYONE telling you they'll sell you theirs or 'mentor' you is a psychopathic con artist. If they're so interested in your success they'll proffer their advice for free. All these alleged millionaires after your wages - get real. NEVER PAY FOR ANYTHING.

It takes 10,000hrs to become a good trader. Watch the charts constantly in your spare time - I use fxcm's charts. Learn money management (stop placement, position sizing, never risking more than 2%). Eventually a style (meaning suitable time frame/frame's, instrument; ftse, eur/usd etc, and ta preference) will emerge and you'll be on your way and you'll know you're on your way. Believe in nothing except what your intuition tells you. After that you're on your own - learning from your mistakes.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
you are right,
I just need an office environment and some guidance.

If I wanted to trade from Barcelona and lived in the UK, the first moves that I would make are the same for any worldwide location

Contact Barcelona Stock Exchange, ask for a list of traders, although, if you are trading you already have a broker. In which case that can be eliminated.

Contact several real estate agents for available office and living space ---there are stacks in Barcelona and rents are low (comparatively)

The main telephone companies are Telefonica, Vodaphone, Orange- The latter will be known to you, but there must be a lot more.

All this can be done online and in English.

The trading part is up to you but, as I said, earlier, if you aren't successful in UK, you will not be here either. Why should you be?

BTW, do you need Barcelona as a trading centre? Could you operate along the coast where yearly lets may be cheaper? The tourist months may be expensive and the winter months may get lonely but you soon get to know the local folk. If you do that make sure that you have good online coverage.

Expatica are an online expat forum. That may be helpful.

Last edited: