fancy trading from barcelona, anyone?

Another point. I am a loner as far as trading is concerned. If you are thinking about sharing, you have a potential problem which is apart from trading. Think about that. If you want English company, go to St George's Church. Flat and office sharers, sometimes, have trouble getting the rent money together. What are you going to do then? The landlord is only interested in the name on the contract. If that is you, you pay the rent or get out.

I can't believe that anyone would want to get involved with others, but that is my opinion.

SIR,
thank you for your advice,
please advise me on contacting fellow traders on T2W.
THANK YOU,

Trading in Barcelona should be as easy as from anywhere else. In this online age, what's so tough about it?

It seems to me that the only problem is the unwillingness to do it solo.

I have been doing it for forty years, probably. The only contact that I have with fellow traders is T2W. and, believe me, that's all I've needed.

If anyone is dreaming "pie in the sky" stuff, forget it, if you are unsuccessful where you are. Its no easier here than anywhere else.

Another point. I am a loner as far as trading is concerned. If you are thinking about sharing, you have a potential problem which is apart from trading. Think about that. If you want English company, go to St George's Church. Flat and office sharers, sometimes, have trouble getting the rent money together. What are you going to do then? The landlord is only interested in the name on the contract. If that is you, you pay the rent or get out.

I can't believe that anyone would want to get involved with others, but that is my opinion.

do you get all your shopping delivered, maybe left outside for collection later when its dark and none else is around...:sneaky:

do you get all your shopping delivered, maybe left outside for collection later when its dark and none else is around...:sneaky:

You can laugh, but there has been a spate of gas inspectors going around old people's flats, asking to look at the appliances, just to get inside, knock them over the head and ransack the place. In our flat, we double lock the doors and and my wife and I are very careful to whom we open ......

Seriously, about trading, as in many things, he who travels fastest, travels alone. In trading, one does not need partners. You will understand, I hope, that T2W members are not people that we meet in real life. :p

You can laugh, but there has been a spate of gas inspectors going around old people's flats, asking to look at the appliances, just to get inside, knock them over the head and ransack the place. In our flat, we double lock the doors and and my wife and I are very careful to whom we open ......

Seriously, about trading, as in many things, he who travels fastest, travels alone. In trading, one does not need partners. You will understand, I hope, that T2W members are not people that we meet in real life. :p

You know I was joking Splitlink. wise words at the end.

I've just spent 4 months in Ukraine. I will never worry about living conditions in the UK or Spain again. Barcelona is still fabulous.

I've just spent 4 months in Ukraine. I will never worry about living conditions in the UK or Spain again. Barcelona is still fabulous.

My daughter tells me that she is, still. swimming in the sea, on the weekends and we are nearing the end of October and are not in the south. However, you have, still, got to pay the rent but Hey! Energy bills are low in compensation and public transport is very cheap.

However, heed what I said in previous posts.

Ukraine had many benefits (Kiev) but still, it's 2nd world. Depends what you can tolerate etc. Language is a problem for non Russian speakers. I've come to realize language is key to e place. You have to be able to communicate.

Hi,

I'm seriously interested in opening a trading office in Barcelona. It's a great city, has everything you'd want. Great nightlife, restaurants and is by the sea. Barcelona has also just completed a major fibre optic network installation. I'm at the point where I want to start trading serious size (index futures) but want the benefit of dedicated connectivity and some company. I don't want to move to london (expensive, cold and full of the worlds detritus). What's the point when I can just as easily trade from Barcelona and go sailing at the weekend?

So, the deal is simply that a few of us share the costs of setting up an arcade; we have the best facilities and resources for a reasonably small cost (@500 euro/month for a modern and stylish office). Perhaps set up an offshore account to trade through and look into getting exchange membership? If we do enough volume then a broker may put in a direct line for free? All this is possible with a little effort. I'm up for it and if you are independant, able, ready to commit for at least 6 months and willing to throw in a couple of $1000 into the start up pot then it could be for you. This is a serious proposition. If you are a profitable trader (or nearly net profitable but struggling to find your groove), probably futures although not necessarily and are free to up sticks and move (maybe in the new year) then feel free to reply.

Any feedback from prop/arcade traders as to the possible hurdles/ experiences that we may encounter would be much appreciated, thanks.

Hi Phat,

I'm independent trader, and I've developed my own algorithm to trade currencies, I'd like to ask you:
- what is your style, system, approach to trade ?
- When you're looking for partners, how do you think that decisions will be made?

Regards

please tell me more about your algorithm.

Hi Phat,

I'm independent trader, and I've developed my own algorithm to trade currencies, I'd like to ask you:
- what is your style, system, approach to trade ?
- When you're looking for partners, how do you think that decisions will be made?

Regards

please tell me more about your algorithm.

Here u go a little summary:

- Originally designed for currencies, despite it's transportable and solid for other any market
- it's an intraday Algo, it doesn't hold any position after close, either daily or fridays. Have in mind that in currencies there's a brief brake about 15 minutes everyday, but even in this short period of time it could pop strong effect news during this period.
- It keeps portfolio highly liquid, cause it does many intraday trades, not long time positions attached.
- It has certain features like stop Profit/loss orders and Profit/loss daily limit, to prevent harm in extreme case of volatility or disconnection.
- It's fully automated, just needs some evaluation at close.
- It still has little time working, less than 6 months, so it's too soon to say. Backtest obviously are encouraging.

Well, what about your strategy

Last edited:
Here u go a little summary:

- Originally designed for currencies, despite it's transportable and solid for other any market
- it's an intraday Algo, it doesn't hold any position after close, either daily or fridays. Have in mind that in currencies there's a brief brake about 15 minutes everyday, but even in this short period of time it could pop strong effect news during this period.
- It keeps portfolio highly liquid, cause it does many intraday trades, not long time positions attached.
- It has certain features like stop Profit/loss orders and Profit/loss daily limit, to prevent harm in extreme case of volatility or disconnection.
- It's fully automated, just needs some evaluation at close.
- It still has little time working, less than 6 months, so it's too soon to say. Backtest obviously are encouraging.

Well, what about your strategy

Hi pstrusi, what platform are you using?

Regards

Hi pstrusi, what platform are you using?

Regards

Broker: Interactivebrokers
Software for Scripts: NinjaTrader

There're a lot of platforms ( with different advantages/disadvantages ) but these work fine for me so far

Regards

Thanks pstrusi,

What currencies the system trades and how much trades it generates per day?

Regards

It began its live trial with real money just with EURUSD, barely two month ago. Since it's a short time, I'd prefer to monitor the behavior with just one instrument, but it's totally transportable .

Let's say around 17, with adjustment of +/- 4

Regards

LMAX offers some very good opportunities for fx traders. Sierra chart/ LMAX through FIX connection, for example. Very stable and fast with tight spreads. Is your algo trend, volatility or reversion based?

LMAX offers some very good opportunities for fx traders. Sierra chart/ LMAX through FIX connection, for example. Very stable and fast with tight spreads. Is your algo trend, volatility or reversion based?

No, it's more statistical ( conditional probabilities ), totally independent of market conditions.

Trading in Barcelona

Hello,

I was a Senior Equities trader at Schonfeld Securites as well as a room trainer of 15 traders for 6 years with a proven track record. From a very young age I got interested in the stocmarket. In middleschool we had a stockmarket contest and I won it at only 10 years old and still have the plack on my wall. I have attached a copy of my CV in microsoft word format. I live in Barcelona, Spain currently, but am considering to move back to the United States in New York. I currently manage a 5 million dollar hedge fund that clears through WTS Securities but they are not an experienced firm. They just trade mergers and acquisitions and it´s not a good fit for me. They are not a professional or an ambitious group, and right now I am eager to join a real professional with more institutional trading. Aside from trading I have been a semi-professional Poker player with great success for the last 9 years and also have some experience with programming linux, android, and Java. I have a proven track record of +EV(expected value) trading/poker , a written business plan, a trading plan, and a variety of systems and strategies that I trade depending on what are the current market conditions. I always keep an open mind and enter new situations like I don´t know anything, regardless of my previous experience. So I am adaptable to learn new strategies and techniques, because I am a good listener and not one of those ¨I allready think I know it all¨ types.

Thanks
Brad Froelich

Attachments

• proptradecvr.docx
    426.9 KB · Views: 199
Hi Brad, my names Gary ive been trading 10 yrs+
An old friend taught me a method of trading stocks an indices which has proved to have a 95% success rate the over 5% are still active. Im looking to trade more actively an give up my day job, might be good to share ideas.