Experiment

chump said:
On a lighter note .......

chump,

T2W member: Ah, thats all very well, but how far have you back-tested this !! :)

Politician: It wasnt a trend-reversal, and we can find no evidence of a trend-reversal, but it had intentions of becoming one....

:)

hmmm, I note in the above threads based on initial observations a potential strained Teacher/ student relationship. Socrates, Teacher role, the rest students. Im sure its echoed throughout classrooms globally. A room of 30 students perhaps 10 racing ahead keeping up with the lesson, and concepts. 10 in the middle, struggling but making sense after intense reasoning and application to the lesson being taught and the 10 at the back with the look of terror and shock , wonderment to what the hell teach is going on about.

how should a teacher devide his time so all 30 students achieve the knowledge? Thats the problem that exists and is likely to continue to exist until resources and roles are agreed to.

BUT I believe if a student is failing to understand what a teacher is trying to teach then the fault lies with the teacher being unable OR unwilling to communicate to the student/s at a level that the student can comprehend in order to achieve the objectives of passing on knowledge by true teacher/ learning process.

Perhaps posts should be headed

Assisted learning/ discussion or
Non assisted

Otherwise the cycle of disharmony and isolation will continue between teachers/students. And end up with posts being Statements of Individual Beliefs. Good work perhaps well presented but of limited value for those sitting towards the rear of the class.

with regards to follow up questions and discussion. In the above scenario of 30 students I would of thought teachers time would yield better results if appropriated

66% towards back 10 of the class
22.5% at the middle 10
11.5 % to the front

What greater achievement is there for a teacher than to sincerely teach his students at all levels of ability to gain knowledge with/by true understanding.?

JD

Come on you just knew I couldn't resist this one.... here's the one I missed earlier

Attachments

• data~1.GIF
    data~1.GIF
    9 KB · Views: 310
jsd,

good points.
but please bear in mind, this is a discussion board, where we are also sharing and exchanging ideas.
some of us may never be market wizards, but can make meaningful return to pay bills.
some want ferraris etc.
some play full-time, and are more intense. some not.

some are already playing the markets, but are still interested in whats others are doing.
some are complete beginners, and need guidance.
there are a myriad of strategies - the ones we choose reflect our personal tolerance to risk/reward and also intensity of day-trading or the leisurely position/swing-trading.

I am interested in other opinions. I wish to discuss on level terms, as equals as adults.
I am disconcerted about the guru/teacher and student approach.

In teaching, rather than split his time in percentages, he would be well advised to treat his students with respect, rather than refering to them as stupid, etc.
( the kids at the back may get offended, and decide to throw heavy things as teacher is writing on the blackboard )

I will go stand in the corner shall I ??

jsd said:
hmmm, I note in the above threads based on initial observations a potential strained Teacher/ student relationship. Socrates, Teacher role, the rest students. Im sure its echoed throughout classrooms globally. A room of 30 students perhaps 10 racing ahead keeping up with the lesson, and concepts. 10 in the middle, struggling but making sense after intense reasoning and application to the lesson being taught and the 10 at the back with the look of terror and shock , wonderment to what the hell teach is going on about.

how should a teacher devide his time so all 30 students achieve the knowledge? Thats the problem that exists and is likely to continue to exist until resources and roles are agreed to.

BUT I believe if a student is failing to understand what a teacher is trying to teach then the fault lies with the teacher being unable OR unwilling to communicate to the student/s at a level that the student can comprehend in order to achieve the objectives of passing on knowledge by true teacher/ learning process.

Perhaps posts should be headed

Assisted learning/ discussion or
Non assisted

Otherwise the cycle of disharmony and isolation will continue between teachers/students. And end up with posts being Statements of Individual Beliefs. Good work perhaps well presented but of limited value for those sitting towards the rear of the class.

with regards to follow up questions and discussion. In the above scenario of 30 students I would of thought teachers time would yield better results if appropriated

66% towards back 10 of the class
22.5% at the middle 10
11.5 % to the front

What greater achievement is there for a teacher than to sincerely teach his students at all levels of ability to gain knowledge with/by true understanding.?

JD

A fair point jsd,

That is assuming of course that Socrats has been accepted as a teacher by all as opposed to him just arriving and expecting to be accepted as one.

I thought my RE teacher was the craziest I have met but some of the antics Socrates has been up to make him look quite normal. Is it so strange that a lot of us have decided to leave the class?

Those still in it must be able to tolerate his behavoir towards others and might be able to acept his strange methods without questioning them. Good luck to them. I still can't get my head around 'futurological flashes' and can't understand if he is as good as he proclaims, why he can't just demonstrate this in the live chat room, like several other traders have done in the past.

"Those still in it must be able to tolerate his behavoir towards others and might be able to acept his strange methods without questioning them. "

It's not a question of that particularly, I'll read all sorts of things but that doesn't mean I proceed to file it in my head. I read the posts and decide for myself whether there's anything I want to know, and I go and check things for myself afterwards if there's any actual content to check. I don't think I'm the only one reading the posts who is applying their own critical faculties to what is being posted - Soc's response style just means one is far less inclined to argue his points with him, failing to argue does not imply acceptance by a long chalk.

His attitude to others can be robust, but it's frequently in response to posters attacking him - I offer no comment on whether those attacks are justified, I have my own opinion on that issue - but my impression is that 13 is capable of defending himself. I see no reason to leave the thread, it has some interesting stuff on it and last time I looked it was Gardan's thread... the fact that Soc is posting regularly on it doesn't alter the fact that others do as well, asome of whom are worth listening to imo.

Dave

trendie said:
Politician: It wasnt a trend-reversal, and we can find no evidence of a trend-reversal, but it had intentions of becoming one

This grossly over-inflated claim is typical of the sort of media hysteria which sadly abounds these days. The reality is that we merely had convincing evidence that it was part of an overall _programme_ aimed at intending to become a trend-reversal. :)

It being on the overnight ....

karen made 3 post last night this being one of them ...I was just wondering what happened to them....?

Thanks a320,

Does make you wonder why these people were parting with £5,000 in the first place. I also find it a bit strange that there is little about Albert Labos when you do a search. Would be interesting to know why that post was deleted.

a320,
You are being very disingenuous...you know very well what will have happened...can't you resist igniting the thread further... ?

Surely it's time for this circus to stop ?

chump said:
a320,
You are being very disingenuous...you know very well what will have happened...can't you resist igniting the thread further... ?
So, I get f*ucked over for suggesting my niece register on t2w and yet AL should get away without a mouse squeak? Do my a favour Chump!

chump said:
Surely it's time for this circus to stop ?
I suspect it's about to - in ways you would not have previously imagined.

favour

"Do my a favour Chump!" ...... no problem , a favour it is , in the form of advice...take a couple of days off to smell the roses ;)