Experiment

I think this thread shows that people do not want to agree with each other at all and will try to find an argument one way or the other

Yes, and in the meantime whilst rude pillocks interrupt and try to disrupt, there are sincere, honest hardworking people who aspire to progress. These are the ones who really suffer because it causes us to be prudent and not be generous with our hard earned knowledge and experience, and to remain stum when it would be very easy for us to solve whatever the riddle is, in seconds.

This element within the audience have to suffer because of the behaviour of the few. When the few become abusive and aggressive (without any basis for it I may add) it causes us to punish everybody, both the deserving and the not deserving by not giving knowledge.

I know from the point of view of genuine aspirants this is cruelly not fair, but it is done nonetheless as a consequence of the above. Therefore at best the most needy will only recieve guidiance, not tuition. This is my experience, and my experience is not a solitary one. You therefore have to thank the pillocks for your struggles, and your difficulties, in large measure.

SOCRATES said:
Yes, and in the meantime whilst rude pillocks interrupt and try to disrupt, there are sincere, honest hardworking people who aspire to progress. These are the ones who really suffer because it causes us to be prudent and not be generous with our hard earned knowledge and experience, and to remain stum when it would be very easy for us to solve whatever the riddle is, in seconds.

This element within the audience have to suffer because of the behaviour of the few. When the few become abusive and aggressive (without any basis for it I may add) it causes us to punish everybody, both the deserving and the not deserving by not giving knowledge.

I know from the point of view of genuine aspirants this is cruelly not fair, but it is done nonetheless as a consequence of the above. Therefore at best the most needy will only recieve guidiance, not tuition. This is my experience, and my experience is not a solitary one. You therefore have to thank the pillocks for your struggles, and your difficulties, in large measure.

Indeed. Absolutely true. I for one would like to thank you for continuing to post here at all. If it were me (not that I have the knowledge, experience or skills), I would probably have become exasperated beyond endurance and disappeared long ago. I don't quite understand how you continue to do it, but thank you. It's greatly appreciated by readers and lurkers, as well as by the people who actively enjoin the conversation with you.

Just an observation, and I most certainly have no wish to inflame nor ignite further vitriolic comments etc…..but Albert, surely posting on a bb is no different to navigating the markets on a regular basis :?:

The need for detached & unemotional reaction is paramount in hurdling the obstacles is it not?…..after all, one’s continued progression is more or less dependant on this skill…..why, therefore would another posters comments/views (which they are obviously entitled to view, however uncomfortable) deter or deflect one from continuing in their quest?

Individuals, as do the markets, continually test & push us to extremes….surely, the objective is to recognise & sidestep those obstacles?….I wouldn’t imagine you’d forsake future profit just because you didn’t like what the market was (currently) throwing at you, why then fold or refuse to impart your comments to those interested in reading them because someone (something) else disagree’s with or attempts to distract you from your (trade) comments?

As I said, just a thought………………………………………….

Roberto said:
Indeed. Absolutely true. I for one would like to thank you for continuing to post here at all. If it were me (not that I have the knowledge, experience or skills), I would probably have become exasperated beyond endurance and disappeared long ago. I don't quite understand how you continue to do it, but thank you. It's greatly appreciated by readers and lurkers, as well as by the people who actively enjoin the conversation with you.
As I said, because there are people worthy of engaging in discussion and being progressed by being pointed in the right direction, which is not tuition or for that matter mentoring, but helps them to avoid pitfalls, which with hindsight and as a consequence of experience are obvious, but are not obvious to newbies.

Even the more advanced have difficulties. These difficulties are greater, more grave than are perceived at the time, again for the same reason. It is very easy for me to point in the right direction as a consequence of having cracked the lot, but I am not willing to take it any further. I am accused of all sorts of things which are horrible without proof or cause, therefore my response is as above.

Buk said:
The need for detached & unemotional reaction is paramount in hurdling the obstacles is it not?…..after all, one’s continued progression is more or less dependant on this skill…..why, therefore would another posters comments/views (which they are obviously entitled to view, however uncomfortable) deter or deflect one from continuing in their quest ?
I don't have a quest any more, as I have cracked the lot, I promise you. Therefore I don't need to make any more explorations, or enquiries of any sort from anyone.

What happens is that there are persistent posters who are corrosive and they need seeing to because none of them have just cause. You are not right in this, because they are not entiltled to the views that not only do they hold, but air in public, and even put in print. They are not entiltled because their views are warped beyond recognition of what is rooted in reality. One in particular keeps on regurgitating nonsense, without the true facts to hand, and hides behind his nick.

All of them do not present substantial targets for me to bring to bear a" really meaningful" response, as I promise you I am not shy of using a sledgehammer to swat a fly if necessary just to prove a point, as one of them has already found out ~ but we are dealing with immature, impoverished , intellectual pygmies and that is the frustrating part.

Chump, I would say your experiment (the real one) has been successful. My congratulations.

You have clearly established 'experts' will make a diagnosis based on their perceptual bias - rather than reality.

I wasn't sure you were really aiming at the same target I had in view, and perhaps we weren't, but sometimes, quite unexpectedly, the bullseye hoves into view just in time to get the arrow smack in the centre - and wonders what hit it.

Tony (TheBramble)
...the real one....

SOCRATES said:
I don't have a quest any more, as I have cracked the lot, I promise you. Therefore I don't need to make any more explorations, or enquiries of any sort from anyone.

What happens is that there are persistent posters who are corrosive and they need seeing to because none of them have just cause. You are not right in this, because they are not entiltled to the views that not only do they hold, but air in public, and even put in print. They are not entiltled because their views are warped beyond recognition of what is rooted in reality. One in particular keeps on regurgitating nonsense, without the true facts to hand, and hides behind his nick.

All of them do not present substantial targets for me to bring to bear a" really meaningful" response, as I promise you I am not shy of using a sledgehammer to swat a fly if necessary just to prove a point, as one of them has already found out ~ but we are dealing with immature, impoverished , intellectual pygmies and that is the frustrating part.

At the risk of offending, which is not my intention, could you (socrates) or someone else explain if you are "for real". I'd consider myself of reasonable intellect (lines himself up there) yet of your vast number of posts, I've yet to find one that offers any guidance. In simplicity, I just don't understand them. Do I really have to understand a higher language before I can dream of making money at this?

Honestly, no effence intended. I really am confused.

TB - it's OK to be confused. Socrates is for real - his name is Albert Labos. He knows more about the markets than most (I am quite serious), but has problems transferring his knowledge - especially if you're non-Aryan.

Albert's position (Albert, do step in if I'm 'off beam') is that you should go through years of psychological deprivation and profiling and introspection before you become ready to appreciate the movements of each market's instruments. And then, you need to spend countless hours before you are ready, and able to 'hold the attitude' with respect and merit etc.

He's OK. He really does know his stuff - but he can't lay it on the line.

There are many on here who do. And they seem stark in comparison because they say things like 'keep it simple' and "Exit on the Left; Enter on the Right" (in relation to channels) and they only look at Price & Volume and they talk of tick-pressure in volume-less markets like FX. Incredibly useful stuff.

But they say it in a couple of lines or less.

Albert says some really funky things - but you have to wade through acres of verbiage to get to them.

He has a different agenda, but that doesn't make him any less valuable - just more verbose.

And this was the crux of my recent post which pilloried poor old Bertie.

He confuses newbies and the majority of traders with his style and obfuscation (deliberate). He'll warp your senses in order to establish if you are one of "The Ones" and if you aren't - tough - you're just set back a bit in your trading career (and capital).

TB - keep a watch for Socco's stuff - BUT - evaluate it heavily, with prejudice. Ignore the BS and use what you can. I've done this and owe Soc a lot. You might too.

I am sorry you do not understand what I lay out for your benefit. I really am.

You don't have to understand any higher language, and if there is a word whose meaning is not clear, you should refer to the dictionary.

However, it goes much deeper than just understanding, it is all about having realisations. You cannot benefit from anything untll you have a realisation or realisations about it, that is the key.

And you cannot progress in your trading, no matter what may be explained to you by anyone, until you yourself have a realisaion or realisations about it. And this realisation you must have must be one that is meaningful to you otherwise it has no value.

I am very sorry, really I am, but I cannot understand for you or have the required realisations as a result ,or make progress for you, because, I am not you, much as I would like to help you by being you perhaps, but regrettably, I am not.

I can only try, the rest is up to you. Try and read it again, let's see if a penny drops, and if it does, I will be very happy for you, believe me, because that is what I wrote it for, for all of you to benefit.

"because, I am not you, much as I would like to help you by being you perhaps, but regrettably, I am not"....LOL....unless you want the mother of all hangovers, you've nothing to regret:)

I suppose my dilemma is this - by following a few basic rules of S&R, the trend is your friend, a bit of behavioural finance stuff - I have been profitable (and long) in a bear market. Whilst I understand about one Summer, and all that, it is hard to convince myself to change track. It seems so many traders, armed with complicated indicators and strategies, lose money.

I'm going part time next year with the intention of expanding my toolkit, hence my interest in these boards (which I love). But I wonder if a lot of this information will lead me to miss the wood for the trees. And Socrates style of post, though no doubt well meaning, leaves poor old me with more questions than answers.

All good fun though. And we won 3-1 today!

UTB

TheBramble said:
TB - it's OK to be confused. Socrates is for real - his name is Albert Labos. He knows more about the markets than most (I am quite serious), but has problems transferring his knowledge - especially if you're non-Aryan.

Albert's position (Albert, do step in if I'm 'off beam') is that you should go through years of psychological deprivation and profiling and introspection before you become ready to appreciate the movements of each market's instruments. And then, you need to spend countless hours before you are ready, and able to 'hold the attitude' with respect and merit etc.

He's OK. He really does know his stuff - but he can't lay it on the line.

There are many on here who do. And they seem stark in comparison because they say things like 'keep it simple' and "Exit on the Left; Enter on the Right" (in relation to channels) and they only look at Price & Volume and they talk of tick-pressure in volume-less markets like FX. Incredibly useful stuff.

But they say it in a couple of lines or less.

Albert says some really funky things - but you have to wade through acres of verbiage to get to them.

He has a different agenda, but that doesn't make him any less valuable - just more verbose.

And this was the crux of my recent post which pilloried poor old Bertie.

He confuses newbies and the majority of traders with his style and obfuscation (deliberate). He'll warp your senses in order to establish if you are one of "The Ones" and if you aren't - tough - you're just set back a bit in your trading career (and capital).

TB - keep a watch for Socco's stuff - BUT - evaluate it heavily, with prejudice. Ignore the BS and use what you can. I've done this and owe Soc a lot. You might too.
Listen Bramble, you are very annoying you know, you do not seem to grasp what is explained to you in detail:~

line two and three, QUOTE..but has problems transferring his knowledge
- especially if you are non Aryan UNQOUTE

I do not have problems in transferring any knowledge, I would have if I suffered some speech impediment or had a strange accent or used rotten grammar or no punctuation at all. All of it is very clear, and very properly laid out.

You, like the majority of people for a reason that baffles me, are not able to focus correctly to extricate what needs to be extricated. Perhaps it is that you are not ready for it, or : Perhaps it is that you miss one word.

Missing one word, that is the meaning of one word, will screw up the whole sentence, ultimately the whole paragraph within which it is contained and ultimately your understanding of it.

So that is your fault, not mine. And I am not going to go on explaining to you what has already been explained, ad nauseam.

As for the non Aryan dig, you ought to check your facts correctly before you commit to making public statements, otherwise I will make you look very silly. And I expect you to rectify this.

Lines 4 - 8 QUOTE .... is that you should go through years of psychological deprivation and profiling and introspection before you become ready to appreciate the movement of each market's instruments. And then you need to spend countless hours before you are ready, and able to "hold the attitude" with respect and merit, etc., UNQUOTE

This is so scrambled, and funny, that I highlight it for those who know in depth, to have a good giggle at your blunder, or perhaps you are clowning, who knows ? Again, as above, It is your fault that you have scrambled all of it, not mine. And I am not going to go on explaining to you what has already been explained, ad nauseam.

And the rest of it is very funny too, as, despite all efforts, it just does not land. Nope !

Whoa! Albert! Dowse that fire!!! You hot-head you!

I appreciate English isn't your mother tongue.

I was merely responding to your post on how you found negroes to be inferior to your needs and not worthy of your efforts.

And if you ever get around to 'explaining something in detail' could you give me a 'heads-up' PM so I can make a point of logging in?

SOCRATES said:
As for the non Aryan dig, you ought to check your facts correctly before you commit to making public statements, otherwise I will make you look very silly. And I expect you to rectify this.!
Oops. Just spotted this. No way Pedro,

SOCRATES said:
These negroes you talk about were not in the context described by your friend. During a coffee break we were talking about Linford Christie and his superb athletic acheivements, in which I remarked that some black athletes are fantastic. I never said anything derogatory about black people just that it seems that culturally they are keen sportsmen and women, but they do not seem to be attracted to puzzles. I then went on to say that when I was studying Navigation at the School of Navigation in Tower Hill we had a Nigerian student.
He had a terrible problem with the sextant. If he was able to use it vertically then he was not able to use it horizontally. If later he succeeded in using it horizontally then he could not use it vertically. The tutor became exasperated and gave up. I gave up my lunch hour to try to solve it for him, but without success. This does not mean he was thick. It means his frame of reference does not include being able to conceptually distinguish in abstract form the contrast between doing the same thing but in different planes. This is a cultural thing. I was asked if I would take black pupils. I replied that I have no knowledge of black people and have nothng against them as I don't know any, but based on that experience [sic] I had I would rather not.
Get off these boards and leve them to traders - not racists.

I never said negroes were inferior to my needs and not worthy of my efforts, I explained an impasse that occured at the School of Navigation between a Nigerian student in my class and his difficulty in mastering the use of the sextant, as a consequence of his spatial / conceptual difficulties as a result of cultural differences. Asked if I would venture to take on this challenge again in a different form, that is by accepting people with what amounted to such deep cultural differences, my reply was that I would prefer not to.
And what's a heads up, for god's sake ?

... and when the petrol has had ample opportunity to fill the room with vapour throw on a lighted match to taste...

Crikey, I'm off to bed before my monitor explodes - I'll never laugh at Eastenders outrageous plots again...

Nite nite,
Dave

SOCRATES said:
I never said negroes were inferior to my needs and not worthy of my efforts, I explained an impasse that occured at the School of Navigation between a Nigerian student in my class and his difficulty in mastering the use of the sextant, as a consequence of his spatial / conceptual difficulties as a result of cultural differences. Asked if I would venture to take on this challenge again in a different form, that is by accepting people with what amounted to such deep cultural differences, my reply was that I would prefer not to.
OK Albert, I wont labour the point. But a sample of one is not really justification for an opinion (which is all it is) on an entire race.

SOCRATES said:
And what's a heads up, for god's sake ?
It's common parlance for specifically giving someone notification of some event or making the effort to bring something to their attention.

On a lighter note .......

Attachments

• data~1.GIF
    data~1.GIF
    8.5 KB · Views: 346