Eur/usd going stratospheric ?

Today is Bank Holiday in US (low liquidity and irregular volatility) and tomorrow is ECB interest rate decision (unpredictable reactions after the release and at the press conference).

I'll try to catch small moves in whatever direction (no preference)
If there are no good set ups, I'll do something else instead (don't have to trade every day)

ECB's Knot says:
ECB cannot keep increasing the risks on its balance sheets
Common Eurobonds are needed in the long-term
Debt crisis may be with us for years

oink oink

Benji if you keep asking other people what they think you will get burnt because you havent even bothered to learn things for yourself.

Edit: was a bit harsh that, what i mean is if you dont get the ability to spot things for yourself you'll never be able to do it, you need to be able to spot what happends and why things happen like that.

Last edited:
Benji if you keep asking other people what they think you will get burnt because you havent even bothered to learn things for yourself.

Edit: was a bit harsh that, what i mean is if you dont get the ability to spot things for yourself you'll never be able to do it, you need to be able to spot what happends and why things happen like that.

Asking other traders opinions is good - useful to know what the markets thinking. Maybe you should try it and you might make more money! :smart:

Well condsidering if you had have gone long at that post, you would have been down money.. i think ill stick to my own thoughts, then if im wrong the buck stops with me. i went short euro, little early but now in the black. trading is a zero sum game, for every winner their is a loser, Its like back in school when they say dont copy because you might copy the wrong answer

Well condsidering if you had have gone long at that post, you would have been down money.. i think ill stick to my own thoughts, then if im wrong the buck stops with me. i went short euro, little early but now in the black. trading is a zero sum game, for every winner their is a loser, Its like back in school when they say dont copy because you might copy the wrong answer

Copying is perfectly legit so long as it wasn't from a looser. As you demonstrated being a winner this time, perhaps Benj and I will copy from you next time. So be sure to call out a signal.

Copying is perfectly legit so long as it wasn't from a looser. As you demonstrated being a winner this time, perhaps Benj and I will copy from you next time. So be sure to call out a signal.

Good point Joe. Eighteen, i shoudl probably listen to you better, that was a nice short well done. Can you post up your next trade order on here or start your own thread, thats what im doing.

Cheers.

every winning trade someone has an opposite losing trade. although i guess its not strictly true, that its equal weighted.

Its zero sum, correct for each individual market taken separately.

But someone prob hasn't taken the exact equal and opposite trade to you, so invariable someone else hasn't lost if you have won.

Let's say they did though, there may be so many reasons others take the opposite trade - it cld be: part of a structured exotic trade and the fx part is small component; a basket of fx; a hedge for equity/FI investment; relating to liquidation of securities; long term and they are jobbing it; for a company wanting to hedge foreign ccy risk etc etc.

We are just a tiny part of the market.

i know i meant that, not each winner has an opposite exact loser lol, we are only tiny for now, one day we can drop 75,000 s&p e mini's and cause another flash crash, i wish lol.

Does anybody know the time for tomorrow's Spanish and French Bond auctions results?

Spanish 8 30am, french 8 50am
I got from a pdf file online but cannot copy the address (using a crap phone), google: "kbc spanish french bond auctions"
Its first link - pdf file.

Kbc based in belgium so I 'assume' that's gmt+1

Spanish 8 30am, french 8 50am
I got from a pdf file online but cannot copy the address (using a crap phone), google: "kbc spanish french bond auctions"
Its first link - pdf file.

Kbc based in belgium so I 'assume' that's gmt+1

Thanks rsh01
I had a look - it says Brussel at the top of the pdf, so it should be CET

They have 'tentative' at FF calendar - funny they can't be more precise

Yeh I saw that, the dates come out a while in advance as well.

You may want to turn the squawk on @ forexlive as they are pretty quick at providing results.

There's a few traders I know who are on the trigger button buy/sell trading the outcome - its good for circa +25 ticks. I thought trading news was a thing of the past, but obv not, seems they are confident in the figs. Perhaps I shld pay more attention.