Dow 2007

NAS closed at 54 for (+12), nice

Hi guys,

I left work having checked the prices and it was 13859 and looked like it was going to be a decider. Decided to stay in and what a nice surprise now that I'm home and looking at +50 pips on CMC plus +15 on CapitalSpreads where I went long earlier in the day for a scalp.

I've closed the long at work and now I think I'll let my shorts ride with a SL at 13810

Very good day. I think if I was at home trading I would have lost out today probably as the charts show a higher low coupled with a higher high before it tanks. Almost a perfect setup for a surge.

Anyway off to have some grub now.

Trade closed

Closed @70 (-2), reason, failed to check higher timeframe setting which there may be further declines

Closed @70 (-2), reason, failed to check higher timeframe setting which there may be further declines

Just closed haf my pos at 13769 too. On the 10min charts there is a horrible hanging man just dangling there. Looking bullish on 10mins but I think it has a long drop still.

If in doubt, stay out

You are probably right Dinos,

On the one hour charts price is breaking out of it's narrowed BBand to the down side.

Usually there is a bounce back and I guess we will have one to perhaps 13810+ levels before it really drops.

So now I'm flat. Will watch it off and on with a view to going short providing the mid-BB line MA20 is not breached.

Attachments

• US30 Cash-070924.png
    US30 Cash-070924.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 125
slow macd

Hi Dinos, have been reading your posts. What do you mean by your slow macd and how do you use it. Just curious.
Regards
Jim

Mike

I'm with you on this, the hourlys do favour some downward movement, getting the entry right is the key, so patient is required.

JamesBK

Its a macd with extended setting, works on quite a few timeframes, basically give you a clear vision of the direction of the market, taking out the price action fluctuations, the fsat/slow cross over shows clearly whether the momentum is slowing or gaining and allows you to stay in a position longer to maximise your return. I used on my NAS today, eneterd the trade and didn't have to look at anything else on my charts apart from that, as the gap between the fast/slow narrowed, the histo bars started to diverge, gave me adequate signs to close the trade

Right off now

I watched the shadowtrader video for this week and he put a valid point across as to why any drops may not retrace the whole fed spike (due to breadth etc on the rise).. so far it looks weak to me though , I guess if its to bounce it has to do so from round here or risk the retrace last weeks spike

I watched the shadowtrader video for this week and he put a valid point across as to why any drops may not retrace the whole fed spike (due to breadth etc on the rise).. so far it looks weak to me though , I guess if its to bounce it has to do so from round here or risk the retrace last weeks spike

Hi guys,

Well I was expecting a pull back higher than what we reached with another fall last night it did happen in kind but not as I would have liked to convince me to go short.

I think we are going to have a repeat session tonight. Although on the 4 hours it looks pretty bullish. I'm looking at the daily charts also which are looking bearish. It's like take your picks. And so...

I've gone short @13753 with no SL at the mo down -10. However, will go out now and come back later to see how it goes. May leave it over night too.

Good trading y'all... :)

Attachments

• US30 Cash070925-bb.png
    US30 Cash070925-bb.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 139
Period of consolidation me thinks. Volatility seems to have dried up.

Very quiet on here tonight! Guess everyone's gone down the pub again. :D

cheers - tricks

Hi Tricks,

Just a twat of a day, nothing to get my teeth into today, so rather give it a miss, back tomorrow on the DAX htread am, DOW pm

night all

Hi guys,

Well I was expecting a pull back higher than what we reached with another fall last night it did happen in kind but not as I would have liked to convince me to go short.

I think we are going to have a repeat session tonight. Although on the 4 hours it looks pretty bullish. I'm looking at the daily charts also which are looking bearish. It's like take your picks. And so...

I've gone short @13753 with no SL at the mo down -10. However, will go out now and come back later to see how it goes. May leave it over night too.

Good trading y'all... :)

keep an eye on NDX.Failed yesterday to take out it's July high but will close comfortably above it tonight and may sneak a close above yesterdays high @ 2072.7 also...

well considering the early drop it recovered well.. even starting to form a bit of a bullish V on a line chart

keep an eye on NDX.Failed yesterday to take out it's July high but will close comfortably above it tonight and may sneak a close above yesterdays high @ 2072.7 also...

As always you are spot on the Nasdaq Steve.

I will hold short pos on dow with caution. If 13810 gets breached I'll close my position and change sentiment.

Many thanks. :D

questionable value #7

We are entering an interesting time of the month.... probably.

Ever since the mini crash in Feb on 27th there have been one or two "events" late in the month...

July had a big day 26th, August's big day was on 28th.....lets see what happens this time if anything...:cheesy:

Ps June 27th was the swing low (S&p500)... the last swing low before the market highs in July.

Last edited:
As always you are spot on the Nasdaq Steve.

I will hold short pos on dow with caution. If 13810 gets breached I'll close my position and change sentiment.

Many thanks. :D

the NDX itself is being dragged up by Apple and Research in Motion almost on their own...AAPL makes up 10.65% of NDX and accounted for 7 of the 19 point rise today...

the NDX itself is being dragged up by Apple and Research in Motion almost on their own...AAPL makes up 10.65% of NDX and accounted for 7 of the 19 point rise today...

I'm now flat. No point in standing in front of an train. I'll see how it develops and get on board as and when hopefuly heading in the right direction. :)