Dow 2007

Why are there over 600 contracts offered at 13933 even though it is pre market? Why have they remained offered for over 20 minutes? Is this some sort of fake out, or is there genuine selling pressure above the market? If this is the case, will we see a pop and drop at 14:30?

Why are there over 600 contracts offered at 13933 even though it is pre market? Why have they remained offered for over 20 minutes? Is this some sort of fake out, or is there genuine selling pressure above the market? If this is the case, will we see a pop and drop at 14:30?

Well, maybe its a big guy holding the thing down so he can gobble up some contracts bellow that level, when he's stocked up he then lifts the large offer and awaayyy we go. ;)

to be honest no one knows except the guy who placed the order....ignore the order book.These trades can be pulled as easily as entered

I finally got the guts to sell that at 19 and covered at 19. Underlying moved 5 points in my favour, I paid a spread, and got out flat.

Another major economic crisis is looming in the not too distant future. The dollar is losing its value on the world markets AND the interest rate the US offers is less than Europe. The Euro is rapidly taking over from the US dollar as the world’s reserve currency. The population of Euroland is also larger. This is coupled with the woeful foreign policy offered by Bush & co for the last few years has made a lot of anti-US feeling. Iran, Venezuela etc. would love to see the high-handed US humbled in the one area it’s been dominant for so long.
The basic suppliers of oil, copper etc. etc. would much rather be paid in a currency that is rising rather than one which is falling. Japan, China etc who hold huge chunks of US bonds etc, are alarmed that their value is declining relatively, so they are, not only NOT buying, but now are selling.
Bush and co will probably be remembered, if at all for the total mismanagement of the West’s resources and loss of power. I’m not sure US Presidents can be removed for incompetence – pity !

He's gone now....

And the YM never got above 13933 for very long now did it? I wonder how many he sold up there, if at all. Even covering 100 contracts 10 points away is nothing to sniff at. If he did more.....

I never could get to grips with the ym order book moves are far too fast to make any sense from but thats probably my problem, I'm sure some find it helpfull. The ftse liffe order book I can use ok though.

I never could get to grips with the ym order book moves are far too fast to make any sense from but thats probably my problem, I'm sure some find it helpfull. The ftse liffe order book I can use ok though.

I guess people have a different "feel" for markets. I can use the ym book okay, but I've never seen the book for Z. I would assume the same principles would apply. I am wary enough of just trading on the side of large orders - I saw the market go through 1500 contracts bid at 12850 like they didn't exist. Scary! Then there are the folk that try to manipulate the book....

I see we still haven't broken out of the opening range and there is barely 40 minutes of morning trading left. Perhaps a dull, 'up and down', inside day?

strange markets - US markets less than 2% from highs and rallying , FTSE and DAX 4.6 % away from highs (and rallies are not convincing)..which ones are correct??

NDX - new highs -
What does it all mean?

strange markets - US markets less than 2% from highs and rallying , FTSE and DAX 4.6 % away from highs (and rallies are not convincing)..which ones are correct??

NDX - new highs -
What does it all mean?

Last time Dow went its own way it walked alone :confused:

Macd 55, 144, 34

Dinos' MACD settings on 1 min chart for YMZ07 gave an excellent signal at 16.02 to go long. Not sure about other timeframes though although this may be due to my settings on TS.

NDX - new highs -
What does it all mean?

what happens when you factor in the fall in the dollar versus sterling and Euro .. lower dollar means higher US indices .. no?

position opened......

short dow @13852....Tight stop...big resistance @13860...Hour looking like it might want to turn...10 min just gone -, 15 looks like it might want to follow.

short dow @13852....Tight stop...big resistance @13860...Hour looking like it might want to turn...10 min just gone -, 15 looks like it might want to follow.

Your right regarding overhead resistance but you can hear a mouse squeek out there

Been out for last hour its not ticking :rolleyes:

if that 15 min box goes, and back into hour range it might go quite quick :?:

Last edited:

Hi cdb,

What are you referring to when you say 10 min just gone? If I may ask?

cheers - Tricks

Your right regarding overhead resistance but you can hear a mouse squeek out there

Been out for last hour its not ticking :rolleyes:

if that 15 min box goes, and back into hour range it might go quite quick :?:

agreed. Market Quiet. If it starts to run up I will be out quicker than you can say Stop Loss. However, at the moment it is moving sideways, I am banking on a bearish slant ! IMO the risk/reward ratio is pretty good. I will know very quickly and relativley cheaply if my idea was wrong. However, if I am right I believe the DOW may come off pretty quickly....reversing a lot of the gains.

Hence the trade......

agreed. Market Quiet. If it starts to run up I will be out quicker than you can say Stop Loss. However, at the moment it is moving sideways, I am banking on a bearish slant ! IMO the risk/reward ratio is pretty good. I will know very quickly and relativley cheaply if my idea was wrong. However, if I am right I believe the DOW may come off pretty quickly....reversing a lot of the gains.

Hence the trade......

Stop Loss No wait SELL SPIKE forming in 15 min chart :confused: