Dow 2007

Given a low volume Santa rally we could see the 20 day ma cross the 50 day ma within the next 6 trading days (at around 13440). This would be a major bullish signal.

Of course if you printed this off it could be better-used as toilet paper on Tuesday night if the Dow doesn’t close above 13320 that day.

I will be closing my remaining short early Monday looking to go long at anything under 250, and taking a second long late Tuesday if I’m not printing this off and heading for the …:)

Does anyone know if Andrex does 2 ply printer paper.:(

Looks like price was supported by buying at the 260. Another test of 300 likely, but I'm ready to fade a false break.

Stopped out. Covered first lot BE, second lot -30. Thankfully they are only paper trades. The important thing is that there was strong buying at the 60, and that would have made a good long in hindsight. Still, I'm happy with the only real trade I took on this market today, and I think I am getting a bit better about reading the market in real time...

paper short 290 with a 20 point stop. Target PDC.

why not hold on to your earlier trade? it was a good entry after all...
sometimes you can lose all the profits of the earlier trade by doing more than is needed :|
I know it was on paper, but that's really beside the point.

Dinos is very disciplined in that manner. He walks away after a profit and quits for the day. Much respect for the way he handles it. Also less screentime needed.

why not hold on to your earlier trade? it was a good entry after all...
sometimes you can lose all the profits of the earlier trade by doing more than is needed :|
I know it was on paper, but that's really beside the point.

Dinos is very disciplined in that manner. He walks away after a profit and quits for the day. Much respect for the way he handles it. Also less screentime needed.

It was a good entry. And the exit wasn't bad either. The 290 paper short was quite a good trade also, but had I been more nimble I'd have covered after support at 260 held.

I'm just trying to learn how the market responds to S/R, and I'm trying to improve my understanding of volume in real time too. Better to do that with paper trades, and post my general thoughts.

Anyway, I've had enough screen time for now.

Volume dried up on that last 5M bar. No sellers yet, and no buyers at this level. Perhaps price will be properly supported around 260. If that level goes, we're clear for 20 points to the downside.

Volume dried up indeed. Buyers had to take a breather. After all, we just went up 80-90 points in less than 30 minutes. Don't consider low volume alone as a reason for a short.

Hi FW

Saw that, got my dow points and moved on, not traded, things to do, just called back in to have a loook, just monitoring a AUD/USD at the min looking good for a long, just waiting for my 5 indies to say go, so hovering around seeing whats happening, I see another good day for you sir, hats off as usual, excellent trading.

No more DOW trades for me today, for those who have in interest in Forex, AUD/USD & USD?CAD setting up nicely for a long sometime soon, sorry I digress, not this thread.

Off to watch Arsenal v Blackburn cup match, happy trading all. Bye

No more DOW trades for me today, for those who have in interest in Forex, AUD/USD & USD?CAD setting up nicely for a long sometime soon, sorry I digress, not this thread.

USD/CAD will only be a good buy around parity, and then only if parity is rejected. It would be catching a falling knife to get in now.

High volume bar pushed through resistance @ 1909 uk time.

I was long at the time, (as usual trying to dig myself out of a hole I dug earlier) I was not sure whether it would pop and drop here on this high volume, or continue up. Lucky for me it continued up.

My question is did I need to worry? or were the signs there that it would continue up?

two screenshots of 'the incident' attached, one zoomed out, one zoomed in.

cheers
shortorlong

Attachments

• zoomed out high volume push up through dow resistance.jpg
    zoomed out high volume push up through dow resistance.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 179
  • zoomed in view high volume push up through dow resistance.jpg
    zoomed in view high volume push up through dow resistance.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 174

looks interesting .. thanks.

When you least expect it... :p

Too right mate, trust it to bounce when I thought it was doing so nicely heading to 13000.

Looking at the 4 hour charts now I'm thinking any breach of 13280-300 is likely to be bullish up turn to possibly 13400 and maybe test of 13500 again. Any rejection of a breakout and 13000 is still in target range. Although my Fibonaci 61% is showing 13127 so I may have miscalculated over the weekend. I hope you don't hold 13089 against me :cheesy: What's 13089 amongts friends eh? ;)

Also, I think the European and UK banks carrying out a very strong push to ease liquidity. I think I read 500bn or there abouts being pumped into the banks to lend to companies. Are these people freaking nuts or what...? :-0:cry::eek::mad: I have no idea but what can they possibly expect solve by such action other than a controlled soft landing. I would have eased liquidity in phases keeping the tempo up.

We were taken out to lunch this evening by our agents and John the owner has very good contacts with the city banks and institutions. It is like a barometer of what's round the corner. When the city recruits it's a sure good sign. When they don't you know next year is not going to be orange. John's verdict at the moment was it depends on who you talk to.

So I'd guess that means 50/50. Hence, some people out there (Lehman brothers was mentioned) feel we may pull out of this crises with concerted action by US and European Bank easing liquidity.

On the other side he said some people are saying that the situation is a lot worse than is being let on, especially in the US.

So draw from these sentences what you will. 50/50 or nobody knows outcome...

Attachments

• US30 Cash20071219.png
    US30 Cash20071219.png
    22.7 KB · Views: 171
Too right mate, trust it to bounce when I thought it was doing so nicely heading to 13000.

Looking at the 4 hour charts now I'm thinking any breach of 13280-300 is likely to be bullish up turn to possibly 13400 and maybe test of 13500 again. Any rejection of a breakout and 13000 is still in target range. Although my Fibonaci 61% is showing 13127 so I may have miscalculated over the weekend. I hope you don't hold 13089 against me :cheesy: What's 13089 amongts friends eh? ;)

Also, I think the European and UK banks carrying out a very strong push to ease liquidity. I think I read 500bn or there abouts being pumped into the banks to lend to companies. Are these people freaking nuts or what...? :-0:cry::eek::mad: I have no idea but what can they possibly expect solve by such action other than a controlled soft landing. I would have eased liquidity in phases keeping the tempo up.

We were taken out to lunch this evening by our agents and John the owner has very good contacts with the city banks and institutions. It is like a barometer of what's round the corner. When the city recruits it's a sure good sign. When they don't you know next year is not going to be orange. John's verdict at the moment was it depends on who you talk to.

So I'd guess that means 50/50. Hence, some people out there (Lehman brothers was mentioned) feel we may pull out of this crises with concerted action by US and European Bank easing liquidity.

On the other side he said some people are saying that the situation is a lot worse than is being let on, especially in the US.

So draw from these sentences what you will. 50/50 or nobody knows outcome...

I had a long on from 100 points off what will be the bottom for at least a week, and I covered it for +30. I should close my trading account and use the proceeds to buy premium bonds.

I had a long on from 100 points off what will be the bottom for at least a week, and I covered it for +30. I should close my trading account and use the proceeds to buy premium bonds.

Stick out for another year mate and next year you'll be closing them when you are +300 up.

You'll get 2% return on your premium bonds with a max limit of £20K...