Do you admit to being a Trader?

soc,

therein lies the difference between us. i welcome social inclusion. you prefer social (/professional) exclusion byt the sound of it

were i married, i would want to spend the majority of my waking and sleeping hours with her, rather than locked in a room with a flashing red light. (hmm, hang on a moment :eek:)

regardless of how she were perceived by the rest of society, i would love her implicity.the unwritten rule of conduct you refer to is simply chauvinistic. who cares what other people think, or how they think she should behave.

that is irrelevant in my view.

this may sound mawkish, but partners are just that. partners. they should be allowed to do what they want to do, whether that entails joining in and taking an active interest in trading activities, or waiting outside the room, waiting for the red light to go off.

FC

I am even going to take this even further. A trader that I personally trained 8 years ago, told me the foiiowing story about his own experience. When he finished his studies, he diligently proceed to pusue several months of paper trading and intense revision as directed by me and under supervision. His wife was not supportive. She had other ideas. She got it into her head that the reason for his attention to his new profession was an excuse. She got it into her head that there was another woman. She impulsively decided to leave him. She did. She went to stay with her mother. She hires a private detective to report on her husband's movements. This went on for three months. The hired detective watched the quarry closely.
He periodically reported that there was no woman. The wife did not believe it. He continued to observe.
All he could report is that he went out, bought groceries, met on one, went home and then sat for hours in front of his screens and appeared to be a workaholic. He very rarely went out, even on weekends. His attention was always on the screen and a pile of papers. She instructed him to continue the surveillance for another three months, the results were the same. Finally, not finding any woman in this, she sheepishly returns home to him. She is made to realise the magnitude of the mission and how and why she has to be supportive. She finally agrees and cooperates. I can tell you they are now very happy, as he is successful and they have recently had a baby.

SOCRATES said:
I am even going to take this even further. A trader that I personally trained 8 years ago, told me the foiiowing story about his own experience. When he finished his studies, he diligently proceed to pusue several months of paper trading and intense revision as directed by me and under supervision. His wife was not supportive. She had other ideas. She got it into her head that the reason for his attention to his new profession was an excuse. She got it into her head that there was another woman. She impulsively decided to leave him. She did. She went to stay with her mother. She hires a private detective to report on her husband's movements. This went on for three months. The hired detective watched the quarry closely.
He periodically reported that there was no woman. The wife did not believe it. He continued to observe.
All he could report is that he went out, bought groceries, met on one, went home and then sat for hours in front of his screens and appeared to be a workaholic. He very rarely went out, even on weekends. His attention was always on the screen and a pile of papers. She instructed him to continue the surveillance for another three months, the results were the same. Finally, not finding any woman in this, she sheepishly returns home to him. She is made to realise the magnitude of the mission and how and why she has to be supportive. She finally agrees and cooperates. I can tell you they are now very happy, as he is successful and they have recently had a baby.

congratulations and bully for them.

he also sounds like an absolute barrel of laughs.

good to see there is a huge amount of trust between the pair of them.

and why , may i ask, did the woman have to accede to the man's view and choice? how about a mutual decision, or even the opposite? why the hell didnt he stop his insular behaviour when he realised that his marriage was on the line?

different walk of life to me soc, completely different.

FC

geraldpeters said:
Your post does imply (albeit unintentionally, I'm sure) that it is inconceivable for a woman to be a trader.

NONSENSE ! There are three ladies that I have personally trained whose performance serves to impress and startle even me. They are truly gifted. Marvellous. Gender has nothing to do with it.

I once told someone that I was a stock market day trader and he promptly went and told a lot of people that I was in fact a stockbroker which commanded instant respect.

My wife has no problem with me staying home and trading provided she is allowed to maintain a life of luxury which she has been accustomed to for a long long time.

Some people have dismissed me as a gambler but I turn the tables on them and dismiss them as slaves of the employment system. Better to be a gambler than a slave.

FetteredChinos said:
congratulations and bully for them.

he also sounds like an absolute barrel of laughs.

good to see there is a huge amount of trust between the pair of them.

and why , may i ask, did the woman have to accede to the man's view and choice? how about a mutual decision, or even the opposite? why the hell didnt he stop his insular behaviour when he realised that his marriage was on the line?

different walk of life to me soc, completely different.

FC
Yes, I suppose so, I can understand where you are coming from, but for the most dedicated, trading is not just a profession, it is a way of being, which is more than a way of life.

You cannot have your cake and eat it. You have to choose.

Evryone has a right to choose, after all this is a free society is it not ?

Yes, I suppose so, I can understand where you are coming from, but for the most dedicated, trading is not just a profession, it is a way of being, which is more than a way of life.

How very sad !

SOCRATES said:
geraldpeters said:
Your post does imply (albeit unintentionally, I'm sure) that it is inconceivable for a woman to be a trader.

NONSENSE ! There are three ladies that I have personally trained whose performance serves to impress and startle even me. They are truly gifted. Marvellous. Gender has nothing to do with it.

I am well aware that gender has nothing to do with trading ability. I was merely commenting on the phrasing of your post. A bit touchy methinks!!

Salty Gibbon said:
How very sad !
Emotions do not come into it, only professional judgement.
To muddle emotions and judgement is a great error.

geraldpeters said:
I am well aware that gender has nothing to do with trading ability. I was merely commenting on the phrasing of your post. A bit touchy methinks!!
The next time I repeat the truth I will make it more feely, to make it more, you know, acceptable to nearly everyones'.sensibilities.

Salty Gibbon said:
Hey Soc, don't go all touchy feely mate.

Just Soc it to em !!
Hello Salty, yes I am. I am running a long pozzie whilst conversing with you.

Kind Regards.

And a cuddly is a conditional order to sell at limit, which is what I have, a cuddly pozzie. <G>.