DB an Geo's Smallcap Smorgasbord

resulting in a nice 24% rise in RGM's share price today...very happy with that :)

30% hike over 2 days. only problem withsome of the smallcaps i trade in though are their enormous spreads...the RGM spread was around 20% of the position!

i have a 3.2p target for RGM...i'll wait and see what happens.

having a look at NVR now ciao.

just to make sure we're on the same page...is Nviro Cleantech the company you're talking about?

if so, a very quick look at a 12 month chart says 8.9p has been a very important resistance level.

there's a lot of bullish oscillator divergence on the weekly TF, which is promising.

i'll check it out more thoroughly and post some charts. looks good though with a cursory inspection.

ciao,

NVR's 8.9p (or perhaps 8.6p) price levels importance may be due to it being a 50% retracement of the major fall in march.

augusts low seems to have set the 5.2p support that has just been respected.

slight bullish osc div on the daily TF for nov 4th/5th/6th.

nicely crossing over in oversold on the daily TF stochastic.

potential trend line resistance and 50MA res @ 7.7p.

a potential bearflag with an extended final wave.

1st target of 7.7p - 8.2p?

Last edited:
resulting in a nice 24% rise in RGM's share price today...very happy with that :)

30% hike over 2 days....

Some great % rises there Dr. B, excellent!

I shorted RR yesterday at 466, which was near to 61.8% of previous daily swing, and I waited for 15m bias change. That setup was more like the FX setups I use, so I am not sure it's going to work out, and FTSE trend is still up on the dailies - we shall see.

Some great % rises there Dr. B, excellent!

I shorted RR yesterday at 466, which was near to 61.8% of previous daily swing, and I waited for 15m bias change. That setup was more like the FX setups I use, so I am not sure it's going to work out, and FTSE trend is still up on the dailies - we shall see.

good luck with the short geo...given RR's correlation with the FTSE, do you see the FTSE dropping too?

(i haven't looked at a FTSE chart yet btw)

ciao,

NVR's 8.9p (or perhaps 8.6p) price levels importance may be due to it being a 50% retracement of the major fall in march.

augusts low seems to have set the 5.2p support that has just been respected.

slight bullish osc div on the daily TF for nov 4th/5th/6th.

nicely crossing over in oversold on the daily TF stochastic.

potential trend line resistance and 50MA res @ 7.7p.

a potential bearflag with an extended final wave.

1st target of 7.7p - 8.2p?

dr.b thanks for that ... got in yesterday at 6.25 ....now I just wait for the 8p :)

dr.b thanks for that ... got in yesterday at 6.25 ....now I just wait for the 8p :)

hope it works out!

5.5p would have been nice ey? could have got out at 6.6p for a nice 20% return.

i'm going to monitor this company now...good luck ciao.

good luck with the short geo...given RR's correlation with the FTSE, do you see the FTSE dropping too?

(i haven't looked at a FTSE chart yet btw)

Almost all major indices are making weekly reversals patterns, and the Dax has made a trend change to short on the daily, following the breach of the recent swing low of 2nd/5th Oct. I suppose that trend changes can be defined by a variety of methods, so perhaps not all would agree.

I think the FTSE will drop below 5000, to somewhere around 4700, maybe more - but that's just my opinion, for now it is up on the dailies, and we should follow the trend. A breach of the recent swing low of 4980 ish on 3rd Nov would be trend change confirmation for me.

If I am right, then RR is just slightly ahead of the curve as we make a new downtrend in the overall market. Could all be guff though, I have got it wrong plenty of times before now :)

I was looking at IMI for a possible short. Megaphone / expanding triangle pattern on the daily is bearish, plus the last swing low of the 2nd Oct has been breached. I am aware I am thinking counter trend to the FTSE 100 though... maybe all shorts should be left till the FT is in a daily downtrend. I'll try and find some shares for long setups once I have my watchlist together.

Looks like Minch has got some nice entries on Amec and Sabmiller. I'll be adding those 2 to my list, as they look like great swing trade candidates I reckon.

Bear with me chaps, as i expect I am going to make a lot of mistakes whilst adapting to this slower pace of trading, and definately don't follow my calls :)

You can ignore my RSI 5 indicator for now - it's part of a little experiment for entries, but I need to back test a little before deciding if it's useful.

Attachments

• IMI.jpg
    IMI.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 181
I looked at Yell. I haven't researched the funnymentals, but for me, before going long, I would like to see a little bit of trend appearing as per arrows. What I have drawn would be a partial bias change long.

Attachments

• Yell.jpg
    Yell.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 167
I looked at Yell. I haven't researched the funnymentals, but for me, before going long, I would like to see a little bit of trend appearing as per arrows. What I have drawn would be a partial bias change long.

you know it still pains me to see that volume capitulation spike in march for YELL.

i just didn't have the knowledge/bottle to buy @ 12p.

i'll know for the next crash though :cheesy:

should we perhaps try to start another one?

would anyone like a discounted mortgage? :innocent:

good morning

as we had some rain during the night that mean no "olives" today (can't touch them if they are wet) so I take this opportunity to do a bit of researching...

this are some info I found on YELL

Yell chairman Bob Wigley in running for ITV job
Former senior executive at Merrill Lynch among contenders for ITV chairman's job, reports say by guardian.co.uk, Thursday 5 November 2009 11.24 GMT
Bob Wigley, the Yell chairman and former Merrill Lynch senior executive, has emerged as a possible contender for the role of ITV chairman.

Wigley is a former head of Merrill Lynch Europe who advised on a range of deals including Sir Philip Green's acquisition of Arcadia, owner of brands including Top Shop and Dorothy Perkins, and advised on his unsuccessful bid for Marks & Spencer. According to The Times, Wigley has joined the list of contenders for the ITV post, although there is no clear frontrunner.

ITV has endured a torrid six months attempting to find a new chairman and chief executive to replace Michael Grade. The process, being run by ITV's nominations committee under director and former HBOS chief executive Sir James Crosby, has gone very quiet since two high profile candidates turned down the chairman role early last month.

I expect quite few ppl don't cry over him....

I expect you already know about this >>> Yell to launch funds bid
full story http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-business/article-23762845-yell-to-launch-funds-bid.do

here is one to keep an eye on (I traded few in July - August)

BXP
Beximco Pharma is a leading edge pharmaceutical company, based in Dhaka, Bangladesh and is acclaimed for outstanding product quality, world-class manufacturing facilities, product development capabilities and outstanding service.

We produce and market 'branded generics' for almost all diseases from AIDS to cancer, from infection to asthma, from hypertension to diabetes, for both national and international markets.
here their home page >>> http://www.beximco-pharma.com/

their are quoted beside London in Dhaka
Dhaka Stocks Exchange>>> http://www.dsebd.org/displayCompany.php?name=BXPHARMA

DYOR we all know how the "Pharma" work.... sky high or dust ..... I do follow few (Bio-Phrma) in USA and I must say they have been my big winners for the year (DNDN HGSI etc...)

just got back from a nice 10 mile walk on the north york moors. lovely, but bloody cold.

good posts ciao, its great you posting your fundamental analysis, its something i need to learn about...P/E ratios and all the rest of it...

hmmm...will the FTSE reject 5200 res...4830 looks possible, but one thing that i think needs to be remembered are the enormous buy orders in the states...i think they may have the power to prop the markets when TA points to a fall.

maybe all a bit 'conspiracy theory' for some, but i have witnessed an SPX rally before at a point when WS called a buy order would come into play.

all gains lost today on RGM.

i'll leave the position open and see what happens.

typical the day of its highest price i wasn't around, 2.8p would have been a nice 26% return.

c'est la vie!

Morning DB,

Shame about RGM! Looks like the bulls are still in charge for now though, so hopefully RGM will come back.

I moved my stop from 478 to 474 on RR. I was lucky not to be stopped out on the opening gap up. I expect to take a small loss on this. I should have waited for confirmation before entering (a break below Fridays lows), and not traded within the daily bar.

Morning Stockpickers,

I have just closed out Amec at target of last swing high for 64 pts, lets leave something for the next man, the jury is still out on wether I should have trailed a stop on this trade, w'ell see.

Position on Sab miller still running, I was considering going long Smiths Group on Fri, the technicals looked good, but I wasn't sure how the markets were going to react today after Friday's NFP news, its had a nice gap up this morning, could be another candidate for the swing traders watchlist.

ciao, what do you think abut INGG?

its a gaming software developer. just took a nose-dive, but the news doesn't seem to be that bad, although i haven't read the share reorganisation in full yet.

had loads of good news over the past few months (new contracts for work etc)...could fall to 7.7p which i have as a 38% fib.

other poss support levels are 6.6, 5.9, 5.3 or 4.4p

bullish osc div on the daily from end of oct to now.