DB an Geo's Smallcap Smorgasbord

just in case you're thinking 'hang on DB, that's hardly a bullflag'...let me show you where the channel originated.

note the parallel in price action? not to say that this will play out in exactly the same way, but there is a strong correlation.

something to keep in mind though is some bad news from yell about dept restructuring...this, along with the FTSE dropping/closing well below 5000 could drop this prices through to the next support @ 32p.

Attachments

• yell 2.png
    yell 2.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 201
just for info on YELL

RLPC-Numericable extends loan deadline until Nov 13-bankers
By Tom Freke
Mon Nov 2, 2009 8:00am EST
LONDON, Nov 2 (Reuters) - British Yellow Pages publisher Yell (YELL.L) moved one step closer to fixing its heavy debt burden as lenders gave it the green light to raise equity, sending its shares up 13 percent.

The deal to refinance 4 billion pounds ($6.57 billion) in debts gives Yell the go-ahead for a 500 million pound rights issue.

Investors have been hoping that the company will find a long term solution to its financial problems and the funds from the equity raising will be used to cut its debt.

Yell -- hit by the advertising downturn and a shift towards the Internet -- needed 95 percent of its lenders to approve the deal, but was forced to extend a deadline three times before it got the acceptance. [ID:nLU549243].

At 1045 GMT, Yell shares were trading up 6 percent at 54.4 pence in a slightly higher overall market, after rising as high as 61.4 pence earlier in the day.

Yell's earlier difficulties getting lenders to back the refinancing are unlikely to jeopardise the planned rights issue, said Sam Hart, an analyst at Charles Stanley.

"If Yell proceeds with the rights issue then they should get the money they want," Hart said. "The window is open for rights issues at the moment, with the market up about 50 percent and investors optimistic about outlook."

However, Yell is one of the "higher risk situations" in the market and there remain longer-term concerns about the directories business model, Hart said.

Following the deal with lenders, Yell will now approach its major shareholders and announce details of the equity issue as soon as practicable, the company said in a statement.

The company's refinancing deal amends the terms of the company's debt, extends the maturity of its loans to 2014 and relaxes covenants on its debts. In exchange, lenders will receive higher interest rates. ($1=.6090 Pound) (Editing by Karen Foster)

+ this one out today
RLPC-Numericable extends loan deadline until Nov 13-bankers
Tue Nov 3, 2009 12:33pm EST
http://www.reuters.com/article/privateEquityTechMediaTelco/idUSL311307220091103

for info on PXS

On 14:18 GMT, Tuesday 3 November 2009

LONDON (ShareCast) - Food technology group Provexis (LSE: PXS.L - news) says it has been told that the European Commission review into the health claim wording for its Fruitflow anti-thrombatic technology for use on consumer products is now in "an advanced stage"

with that news I would like to mention that PXS in Sept went as high as +/-23p beside the above news like all AIM very pumped up
for the less experiences readers watch out because AIM stocks IMO could give you happiness (£££) but a lot sorrows as well.... I just ride the waives.... that is one part of my method right or wrong that might be ... "the glass of water is half empty or half full"? ;) :)

good night

nice 10% rise today on MWA and synchronica...shame i don't hold either!

geo, just looking at the guy next doors thread, he's looking at petropavlovsk plc (POG)...looks like it moves quite gracefully over a decent range...maybe a good one for you to look at.

touches on my 125MA would have given a lot of buy-in points from feb 09.

ok YELL.

no, not out loud (shnarff :cheesy:)...

i might go long on this, depending on the FTSE and depending on its channel floor holding.

bullflag in a channel (which is an exact copy of an earlier channel that i'd created in april), bullish osc div on those final candles...also a potential 21 on the weekly TF.

stochastic hovering around oversold.

current price sitting on june 12 support.

current candle rebound off 200 MA (not that this means anything to some people).

125MA recently crossed over 200MA into positive territory.

possible upside of + 35% to channel roof from 42p to 56p.

stop at 37p = 10% risk to position size giving a 1:3 R/R.

ok, it's respecting my channel floor, but thats with the FTSE rebounding from the 5000...if the FTSE continues up to the 5300 then this could maybe hit my target.

i haven't opened a position, because my account is already tied up!

i might SB it instead.

Attachments

• yell nov 3.png
    yell nov 3.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 173
nice 12% rise on synchronica today.

also a 5% and 6% rise on DISL and RGM (both of which i hold)...hardly life changing, but in a sea of red, it's nice to see some blue in there :)

Hey Dr B, Good luck with your journal, nice one, bringing Equities into the mix, I would like to pop in to the Smorgasbord club now and then if I may.

I've been trading FTSE 100 stocks myself lately on a Weekly/Daily timeframe.

Im long Amec from Tues, and Sab Miller this morning.

Trying to keep it simple going with the trend, HH's HL's, entering on retracements to the buy zone of the rising Daily 20/50 ema.

Gold gave a nice example of this on Mon, I entered near the rising 20 ema, but I was out the same day for a few points, look what I missed Tues/Wed, all well and good in hindsight thou as you know.

Hey Dr B, Good luck with your journal, nice one, bringing Equities into the mix, I would like to pop in to the Smorgasbord club now and then if I may.

I've been trading FTSE 100 stocks myself lately on a Weekly/Daily timeframe.

Im long Amec from Tues, and Sab Miller this morning.

Trying to keep it simple going with the trend, HH's HL's, entering on retracements to the buy zone of the rising Daily 20/50 ema.

Gold gave a nice example of this on Mon, I entered near the rising 20 ema, but I was out the same day for a few points, look what I missed Tues/Wed, all well and good in hindsight thou as you know.

hey minch, glad to have you here :)

please do contribute as much as you like, the more views and insight traders can give each other the better!

i should perhaps mention that this thread is for UK listed companies, with the addition of any relevant leading markets or indices of course.

i had a quick look at sabmiller, there seems to be 2 listings at differing prices.

the one listed at 1600p seems to be forming a potential intraday bearflag.

Hello

still around.... but busy with the olives... not much time to trade.... no I try few scalp in USA

yesterday I wanted to get some IFL but arrived too late

dr.b well done

see you later

Afternoon Gents

I am playing catch up, as I was busy with a job interview yesterday.

Thanks for the share recommendations DB, I'll have a look soon. Looks like you have some nice % rises today!

RR making a bullish day today, and I may have to re-assess possible shorts.

Good to have you around Minch.

is it worth getting few NVR? lost a lot in the last couple day (no time yet to find out why)

Nviro announces today (yesterday news) the final approval for its wood fibre recycling technology business, Microrelease Limited, of a substantial European Union grant of up to Euro 785,450 to be invested as one quarter of the costs of development of a full scale industrial plant over a thirty month period commencing from 1st November 2009.

unfortunately like all AIM small volume and big/large spread..... (traded them before)

is it worth getting few NVR? lost a lot in the last couple day (no time yet to find out why)

unfortunately like all AIM small volume and big/large spread..... (traded them before)

not had time to check these out ciao. i'm off on some conservation work 2moro, hope the FTSE rally continues....be nice for DISL, RGM and AFE to continue their up-moves.

good luck everyone for 2moro, hope its a good day.

Afternoon Gents

I am playing catch up, as I was busy with a job interview yesterday.

Thanks for the share recommendations DB, I'll have a look soon. Looks like you have some nice % rises today!

RR making a bullish day today, and I may have to re-assess possible shorts.

Good to have you around Minch.

Thanks Geo, Good luck with the Job mate.

not had time to check these out ciao. i'm off on some conservation work 2moro, hope the FTSE rally continues....be nice for DISL, RGM and AFE to continue their up-moves.

good luck everyone for 2moro, hope its a good day.

We seem to be on the right side of the tracks Dr. B, as you say lets hope this rally continues, your pick of the small caps are developing nicely.

Sab Miller and Amec both off to a good start, both now free trades, stops at BE.

good morning

today (for now anyway) I should be around so will try to trade in the UK..

Dr:B I think your AFE RGM still moving
as for me will follow close IFL PXS of course +ITM TTG UNIQ
the rest you all know more then me...

good day :)

just for info

Friday November 6, 07:54 AM
Royal Bank of Scotland reports sharp loss
LONDON (AFP) - State-controlled Royal Bank of Scotland (LSE: RBS.L - news) on Friday reported a net loss of 1.8 billion pounds (2.0 billion euros, 3.0 billion dollars) during the third quarter.
The announcement comes at the end of a week in which Britain's government increased its stake in RBS to 84 percent in the wake of the financial crisis.

for info RGM

Business Financial Newswire -
Australian exploration company, Regency Mines has signed a joint venture agreement with Direct Nickel Pty in respect of the application of the latter's advanced nickel/cobalt leaching technology at Regency's Mambare lateritic nickel deposit in Papua New Guinea.

Regency will agree to sell a 100% interest in its wholly owned subsidiary Canopus No 83 Limited, to a wholly owned subsidiary of DNi ("JVCo"), for a consideration consisting of redeemable convertible shares which will convert, on achievement of the objective of the JV, into a 50% interest in JVCo.

The objective of the JV is to achieve directly or indirectly a listing of JVCo on a stock market to fund ongoing resource delineation and the piloting of the DNi Process.

JVCo will hold a licence for production of up to 60,000 tpa nickel in concentrate using the DNi technology, and the right to a second licence for an approved second project of up to 30,000 tpa of nickel in concentrate.

Regency will enter into a sale and purchase agreement in agreed form with JVCo, and subsequently will agree with DNi an operating agreement under which they will work together in the management of JVCo company, with primary responsibility for operations resting with the DNi team.