DB an Geo's Smallcap Smorgasbord

Mornign all!

Short CAD/JPY @ 87.94 - 21pip SL.

Not sure on targets yet - todays low as a first would be nice :) presuming I have the direction right!

happy new year everyone!

some cracking rises on TMP today and yesterday. hopefully its the start of a breakout. i bought @ 1p, price closed @ 1.3p today...i'm looking for a target of 3p (probably some time in the spring)...hows that for a long TF!! :LOL:

RGM is sitting around breakeven...i'm hoping its recent move is also the start of a breakout.

best of luck for the new year geo, ciao, minch, mas, PB...may all your future positions bring you much pleasure (so to speak :-0). :cheesy:

well done dr.B on TMP excellent call that is the way to start the new year

my PXS closed above 9p lets bhope this time stay there (forming a support rather then a resistance.....;)
IFL lost today but a bit profit taking at the end of the year is understandable
I am in LLOY hoping to double it up.....

tomorrow I will fly home so hope to have more time for the market olives permitting :)

party0012.gif

Happy New Year everyone with plenty love and helth and ££££££

party0036.gif

btw I found England cheaper then here.... although now the € v £ is nearly the same value
the shops were full and a lot ppl bought... strange there ia s lot talk about recession etc.... but still plenty buying..... IMo there maybe they buy without money (credit cards) over here we buy more on cash.... no cash no buy ...lol

even the catering I thought were much cheaper.... that is because of the €....
for example I bought a 20" monitor (acer) for under 100£ the exactly the same one here cost 210€!!!! (ok maybe in other discount shop could be a bit cheaper but only a 10 max 20%
now I price a TV for what I sow it is at least 50% cheaper unless they were special Xmas prices.... but I have to do with exactly the same maker etc....

however it was a nice Xmas fully enjoyed doing nothing except eat and drinking what life...:D I forgot and spending ££££ the wife look after that....:mad: :LOL::LOL:

now down to business "trading"

PRE-OPEN REPORT: Headline shares are tipped to open eleven to fifteen points higher today, according to financial websites, with Lloyds and RBS in focus on news of possible stake interest from Brazil's Itau Unibanco.

at the moment LLOY + RBS open positive

Lloyds Banking Group and Royal Bank of Scotland may see some action today on weekend press reports that the world's tenth biggest banking group by capitalisation, Brazil's Itau Unibanco, is casting an eye over them with a view to taking stakes.

added LLOY 51.55 (this one is for a quick in/out)

sold LLOY (51.98) they took it on the offer .... are they looking for shares? still why give away +/-500£ never be greedy.... now I can go shopping ;):LOL:

you're like a trading commando ciao!

in and out. lightning raids. :LOL: good work.

I trade the commodity markets mainly metals and oil, this is my first dabble into the cash markets so i naturally went with the miners. Using the same risk/reward and money management i use currently just adjusted to the different volatility.

bought blt 20.25, stop 19, 4000 shares, target is at 22

bought rio 34.30, stop 31, 2000 shares, target is at 40

Thought i would add the stops are pre decided from an automated program i run on excel mainly testing volatility through current and historical data.

Last edited:
I trade the commodity markets mainly metals and oil, this is my first dabble into the cash markets so i naturally went with the miners. Using the same risk/reward and money management i use currently just adjusted to the different volatility.

bought blt 20.25, stop 19, 4000 shares, target is at 22

bought rio 34.30, stop 31, 2000 shares, target is at 40

Thought i would add the stops are pre decided from an automated program i run on excel mainly testing volatility through current and historical data.

I thought they were 20.25p but are £ instead... wow 4K + 2K on rio.... I thought I was playing biggish but you are on a FI motor ;):)

open HAWK 36p (this one sometime back got me a lot £££)
I am trading in USA so not much time for UK

where is everyone during trading.... very quite here or you still celebrating... ;)

I thought they were 20.25p but are £ instead... wow 4K + 2K on rio.... I thought I was playing biggish but you are on a FI motor ;):)

Its taken years and years of trading to build up to this size, but had a good year last year and i have strong conviction on these trades.

Its taken years and years of trading to build up to this size, but had a good year last year and i have strong conviction on these trades.

I guessed it was something like that.... good luck
IMO when I am convince into something I go for the "Jackpot" but with profit I buy olive trees..... ;):)