CMC Markets - Trading Standards & Alleged Fraud

Hello Everyone, I think most of the people have shared their bitter experience with CMC Markets. I hereby provide an opportunity to all people who are affected by CMC trading platform to get in touch on [email protected] to claim back your hard earned money ASAP.:smart:

Hello Everyone, I think most of the people have shared their bitter experience with CMC Markets. I hereby provide an opportunity to all people who are affected by CMC trading platform to get in touch on [email protected] to claim back your hard earned money ASAP.:smart:

All of these malpractices occur because we have a FSA which is next to useless. If they pursued individual's claims of broker/spread bettors wrong doing, with real vigour, they would help all retail traders.

Re: cmcmarkets complaints

I think most of the people have written their bitter experience with them. I hereby provide an opportunity to all people who are affected by CMC trading platform to get in touch on [email protected] to claim back your hard earned money ASAP.:smart:

Guys, a lot of you sit here and complain about companies and the bad experiences you have with them! Your trading with a market maker who creates their own synthetic market, what do you expect? CMC and all the other market makers profit from your losses! If not happy with the service you receive the way I see it is you have two options, either go with a traditional broker or try direct market access, that way they aren’t looking to profit from your losses (which subsequently eliminates problems such as large slippage, bad fills, re-quotes, and the majority of the other issues you highlight).

Guys, a lot of you sit here and complain about companies and the bad experiences you have with them! Your trading with a market maker who creates their own synthetic market, what do you expect? CMC and all the other market makers profit from your losses! If not happy with the service you receive the way I see it is you have two options, either go with a traditional broker or try direct market access, that way they aren’t looking to profit from your losses (which subsequently eliminates problems such as large slippage, bad fills, re-quotes, and the majority of the other issues you highlight).
This is not the whole story. I find that SB traders overall are very poor when it comes to Risk & Money Management. If one take in consideration all the risk parameters trading with market makers it not bad at all compared to trading DMA. We must remember SB attracts a lot of newbies and these have a tendency, out of lack of experience to blame the SB company first hand when they fail. The success rate is not much lower (if it is at all) compared to trading DMA. 90% of the traders are not winning so it is of no surprise that there are a lot of frustration coming out on this forum. One must take responsibility of ones trading environment and not consistently keep running around blaming others for lack of experience and loss of money. Sure one can express negative aspects about a particular SB, but ranting about it is another issue altogether.

CMC and all the other market makers profit from your losses!
Peter himself said on number of occasions that they care more about the flow of orders then individual orders. The more flow they have the more spread they earn and the less risk they have.

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/spr...r-answers-your-questions-421.html#post1675584

They will profit directly from your losses if you were the only client who traded and they did not hedge your position. If there is an another client who took the opposite trade one could argue that the other client profited from your losses not CMC.

DJS1, I totally agree with you, the only thing I would add that most SB companies entertain retail clients so most wouldn't understand DMA, I use ProSpreads as my DMA provider and have no problems at all, they cant accept retail clients at the moment so all clients have to be classed as a profesional.

Your trading with a market maker who creates their own synthetic market, what do you expect?
You have totally misunderstood what SB is all about. The market maker doesn't create their own synthetic market. The product offered reflects the movement of the underlaying asset. I think you have to do some research in order to understand how they operate.:)

Some of them play games, sure, but that is something one has to include in the risk profile trading with a certain SB company.

DJS1, I totally agree with you, the only thing I would add that most SB companies entertain retail clients so most wouldn't understand DMA, I use ProSpreads as my DMA provider and have no problems at all, they cant accept retail clients at the moment so all clients have to be classed as a profesional.
Don't you find it expensive?:)

Re: cmcmarkets complaints

I think most of the people have written their bitter experience with them. I hereby provide an opportunity to all people who are affected by CMC trading platform to get in touch on [email protected] to claim back your hard earned money ASAP.:smart:
Another one of those boring cases and members who have their own agenda for losing money trading SB. I mean don't you have any risk & money management trading SB? Don't you take responsibility over your own trading environment? Yes the SB industry need to follow the MiFID financial directives but in the end it is always the traders responsibility to take care of the risk profile in play.

You have totally misunderstood what SB is all about. The market maker doesn't create their own synthetic market. The product offered reflects the movement of the underlaying asset. I think you have to do some research in order to understand how they operate.:)

Some of them play games, sure, but that is something one has to include in the risk profile trading with a certain SB company.

A market maker of course creates their own synthetic market, yes the prices reflect the underlying but your not actually trading in the 'real' market, your trading against CMC in their own fictitious market that they create (hence they profit from client losses)! The pricing has absolutely nothing to do with whether what your trading is the 'real' market or a synthetic market, the matter of fact is CMC create their own market! Think your the one who needs to go do some research :cheesy:

That's the only problem I've had with ProSpreads, I don't want to be classed as a professional client. I've found one provider who offer DMA and can accept retail clients(y)

A market maker of course creates their own synthetic market, yes the prices reflect the underlying but your not actually trading in the 'real' market, your trading against CMC in their own fictitious market that they create (hence they profit from client losses)! The pricing has absolutely nothing to do with whether what your trading is the 'real' market or a synthetic market, the matter of fact is CMC create their own market! Think your the one who needs to go do some research :cheesy:
If something is based on the underlaying market you do not create your own fictional price movement. They don't profit from clients losses, they profit from the spread, whether it is losses or client profit doesn't matter. The only time SB has problem is when they don't have enough time to hedge or the fixed spread differs too much from the underlaying asset.

I was talking about the spread+commission.:)

True if your betting 50p/£1 a point then yeah of course costs for DMA may be too expensive, but if your a decent sized trader to whom liquidity, execution speed, lack of slippage, order rejections etc etc etc (i'm not going to list everything or it will take me a good hour) matters, then paying that tiny bit more really isn't a factor, as the advantages clearly outweigh having to pay that little more.....:sleep:

If something is based on the underlaying market you do not create your own fictional price movement. They don't profit from clients losses, they profit from the spread, whether it is losses or client profit doesn't matter. The only time SB has problem is when they don't have enough time to hedge or the fixed spread differs too much from the underlaying asset.

Naive.....do yourself a favour, read one of the major SB companies annual reports and see where 75% of their profits come from....oh wait, that's right, client losses!

True if your betting 50p/£1 a point then yeah of course costs for DMA may be too expensive, but if your a decent sized trader to whom liquidity, execution speed, lack of slippage, order rejections etc etc etc (i'm not going to list everything or it will take me a good hour) matters, then paying that tiny bit more really isn't a factor, as the advantages clearly outweigh having to pay that little more.....:sleep:
I was actually refering to trading the futures with IB for example, which is much cheaper. The only reason to trade Prospread is for tax reasons, nothing else as I see it.