CMC Markets - Trading Standards & Alleged Fraud

will likely just withdraw my money next week....

Sense at last! Why stick with a company if you think they're ripping you off? That train of thought just doesn't make sense.

I've been with IG for about 4 years and highly recommend them.

Please remember when usung a spread bettng company you are traing there quotes. indeed these quotes are to be derived from the underlieing market, however we are all aware of tricks and dity tackticks they play to steal custermers money.
I would very much like to assist anyone who has problems with this company.
PM me with how they ripped you of ( fraudulently acted ) and you will be surprised what you will find out when I reply.

Sally,

I suggest that you look at what the FSA's remit is with regard to SB companies. One thing is certain they have no interest or jurisdiction for "server power" or anything to do with IT. For the most part the FSA are useless and have proven to be completely ineffective at what they are supposed to do. The Tories are intent on disbanding them when they likely take office next year.

Paul

Thanks paul. I have dealt with fsa many times and i agree with you. Looks like the taxpayer just pays them to play golf all day and send yes letters to companys they are supposed to be policing. Lets hope labour does the same thing if they stay in office. What is the use of an overseer who cannot even insist on fair play in terms of adequate server power must be provided for their clients. I will likely take them to court on a civil charge of some sort. What about breach of contract due to inability to manage funds lodged because of inadequate server power provided. Unfit for purpose.

Good points, depending on how much they owe, you could sue them using the online system which is very cost effective. I have used it in the past to sue a major retailer and won my case. After I won they then panicked because I had opened to door to the potential for tens of thousands of claims for the same thing. They then couldn't do enough to keep me quiet and compensate me where previously they just refused point blank to do anything.

Paul

It is amazing to read about traders that feels they have been "ripped off" and still continues to trade for a long time with the very same company. Today there are a number of SB companies to choose from and if they do not meet up to expectations go direct market access. In trading SB we are dealing with market makers and there is bound to be problems along the way. This has to do with the very nature of the same, and the fact they are for the most part dealing with fixed spread. I am also very critical to many of the SB operations for various reasons (enjoy trading with them though), but in the end the responsibility falls on the trader. This simply because there is no guarantee that you in court will win a dispute against a SB company.

One must be able to predict different scenarios that might occur, such as freezing, website down, not being able to get out of a position and other risk and security issues that might affect your position negatively. If something goes entirely wrong there must be some kind of backup strategy to limit the damage it can cause to your position and capital. I have through the years been amazed to read about the quite high stakes being put on SB, when these should in fact be traded with DMA. I also get the feeling that money management do not play the important role is supposed to do, this in order to protect your capital against natural statistical variation.

Last edited:
Please remember when usung a spread bettng company you are traing there quotes. indeed these quotes are to be derived from the underlieing market, however we are all aware of tricks and dity tackticks they play to steal custermers money.
I would very much like to assist anyone who has problems with this company.
PM me with how they ripped you of ( fraudulently acted ) and you will be surprised what you will find out when I reply.

Hi TomTom; how can i get what u have on cmc? i've got a massive issue with them at the moment.

anyone got anything on cmc's bad practises? i'm sure they talk out of both sides of their mouth, just need more info to back that up

anyone got anything on cmc's bad practises? i'm sure they talk out of both sides of their mouth, just need more info to back that up

They have been getting away with all sorts of trickery for years now. I wish that those, who have been severely ripped off, would unite in their grievances and seek proper legal advice. The FSA would have to take a complaint from a solicitor, acting for a group, far more seriously than they do, at present, from an individual.

I used CMC for a couple of years nearly and found them to be a bit dodgy overall. Looking back I shouldn't have persisted with them for so long. My advice is to stay clear.

CMC was definitely, for me, the best SB company in the past. I recall being annoyed with them for closing at 9pm on Fridays ( used to trade the Nasdaq and SP500) with them and asked why they didn't remain open till 9.15pm when the markets close. The following week they announced they would be open till 9.15pm!

They also used to fill my stops at the price specified by me rather than what their quote was at the time. I made a lot of money dealing with them for a number of years. I then took a bit of a trading hiatus. When I returned, i started using DMA. A friend tells me they are now in line with the usual SB racket of filling stops at their quotes. Oh well.

Hi since we're on the topic of CMC and dodgy practises I will share something with all of you that I noticed today. The explanation for the chart below was that the spike at 8.15am BST was on the charts they follow from reuters and bloomberg, however I checked and the price that was reached on the CMC chart was at 2.5 points away from the reuters chart and others that I have looked at????????????????????? Work that out.

Attachments

• chart.png
    chart.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 308
Hi TomTom; how can i get what u have on cmc? i've got a massive issue with them at the moment.
Hello

just wanted to know how this trade went so wrong
I placed a trade on the hongkong 33 at 20550 in the buy direction with a limit at 20750
and a stop at 20500. When the market opened it opened at 20780 my limit was triggered
but then my trade went south in the sell direction i lost 1000 pounds on that trade.

just wanted to know when a limit is is triggerd it should cancel you out of that order is that correct??

You went long at 20550. The market opens at 20780. Your limit order should have been filled at 20780. You should then have cancelled the stop order. If you did not, and the market subsequently went to 20500, your stop would have triggered, opening a new position.

You can't blame CMC for this!

You went long at 20550. The market opens at 20780. Your limit order should have been filled at 20780. You should then have cancelled the stop order. If you did not, and the market subsequently went to 20500, your stop would have triggered, opening a new position.

You can't blame CMC for this!

Hello Visaria
Thanks for the reply would like to say the stop automatically canceled out when the limit was triggered. they spreadbetting company was taking no responsibility for what happened

Hello Visaria
Thanks for the reply would like to say the stop automatically canceled out when the limit was triggered. they spreadbetting company was taking no responsibility for what happened

When the oco limit got filled and the stop was automatically cancelled it should of cancelled me out of that order and taken no loses or profit is that right?

If you placed an OCO (one cancels other) order, then yes, the stop should have cancelled when the limit order was filled.

Are they saying you didn't place an OCO, just a stop order and limit order?

If you placed an OCO (one cancels other) order, then yes, the stop should have cancelled when the limit order was filled.

Are they saying you didn't place an OCO, just a stop order and limit order?

No cmc markets are taking no responsibility for the actions for that day they are saying it
the position was still open. My debate was I had put a limit on the oco its should of prevented me from any loses Is that right?