CMC Markets - Trading Standards & Alleged Fraud

It is has been my assumption that the losers loses let say 80% and that the winners take home 80% in profit of the money that is on the table.

The commission is a very vital part of trading cost and must of course be included when calculating the ability of profiting when trading with a certain SB or broker.

Now I'm confused.:)

Doesn't the figure just refer to the percentage of the client base who made a loss or gain over a certain period of time, which is why it doesn't mean much?

I also don't follow the argument that spread doesn't matter. If you trade, say, US30 with a 1pt spread and consistently make 50pt profit a day trading fairly short time frames, switching to another SB with 2pt spread can immediately wipe most of that out, even before you're put on dealer referral.:!: No matter how good the execution, trading the same way with FP or Prospreads and 3/4/5pt will make you a consistent loser, so the tax-free aspect isn't much help.

Now I'm confused.:)

Doesn't the figure just refer to the percentage of the client base who made a loss or gain over a certain period of time, which is why it doesn't mean much?

I also don't follow the argument that spread doesn't matter. If you trade, say, US30 with a 1pt spread and consistently make 50pt profit a day trading fairly short time frames, switching to another SB with 2pt spread can immediately wipe most of that out, even before you're put on dealer referral.:!: No matter how good the execution, trading the same way with FP or Prospreads and 3/4/5pt will make you a consistent loser, so the tax-free aspect isn't much help.
Yes I have myself wonder if I have understood this percentage correctly between losing and winning traders. Is it based on number of clients or the actual money involved to be shared between the two groups? It is my assumption that it is about the same. As I understand it when they calculate winners on the futures they take both these parameters in consideration, I could be wrong though.

Yes the spread matters of course, that is why the commission (at least I do) can be calculated as an extra spread in order to compare it with SB trading (without commission).

It is worth pointing out here for people interested in spread betting, that whilst there are plenty of anecdotes of people being unhappy with the behaviour of spread betting companies regarding certain trades, this tends to be more relevant for traders (bettors) taking short term, leveraged positions.

It's an obvious statement to make, but for people using spread betting as a way of accessing the markets for longer-term, less leveraged positions (for tax purposes say), issues regarding slippage etc aren't such a big deal. So as a spread bettor, it's important to remember what your style of investment is before you start panicking about negative posts you've read about your chosen spread betting provider.

A market maker of course creates their own synthetic market, yes the prices reflect the underlying but your not actually trading in the 'real' market, your trading against CMC in their own fictitious market that they create (hence they profit from client losses)! The pricing has absolutely nothing to do with whether what your trading is the 'real' market or a synthetic market, the matter of fact is CMC create their own market! Think your the one who needs to go do some research :cheesy:

I think all Gle was trying to point out here was that although the spread betting companies are market makers, they are basing their price on an underlying product, so they are not just fabricating the market out of thin air.
Ie they’re not saying guess how many fingers I’m holding up, here’s a market 0-10, and whatever number you say, they can change it. No one would bet/trade with them if that was the case. The existence of an underlying product provides you with a benchmark to compare to, which gives the market they’re making some credibility.
Where I think it becomes controversial is when people are trading to try to exploit their pricing inefficiencies. They run a business, and need to strike a balance between providing a product that is fair enough to compete and get business, but that doesn’t mean they make big losses.
It’s not a new tactic though. If you look at sports arbitrage trading, it’s part of the territory becoming limited by bookies and not being able to put full amounts of bets on because of trading activity – which screw up your arb and expose you to losses. They don’t like people ‘beating’ their system, and their T&Cs that you sign up to when you join are normally tight enough for them to enforce these sorts of things when appropriate. And sometimes, they get it wrong and limit completely “innocent” people.
What is useful to read about is any factual information about tactics or practices that sites use to protect themselves from techniques such as scalping, and which sites are better to use.
At the same time, for a casual trader with CMC, wanting to place a few positions on the indices and UK shares for example, I don’t think you need to be too concerned with getting your eyeballs ripped out by things like slippage etc.

Indeed from my experience CMC will obstruct customers from taking high profits.
My knollage is suspending online trading to telephone only, then refusing verbal instructions to close position. When questioned denied everything for financial gain.
I can not comment on my case with them.

bad experience with cmc market

I have used cmc market trading plateform for cfd about one month. On 11 September 2015. I was trading on Australian 200 indice, with IG market platform sitting on side. At beginning market opening, cmc market price's 10 points above IG Market's quote. After two hours the gape narrow ed to 7 point above, then it was diminished to five point above, eventually it was back to almost identical.
During this period of time of trading, you can image how much commission you charged if IG Market's quote is correct, which is I believed so, which is a demon version. CMC is live account.

I have used cmc market trading plateform for cfd about one month. On 11 September 2015. I was trading on Australian 200 indice, with IG market platform sitting on side. At beginning market opening, cmc market price's 10 points above IG Market's quote. After two hours the gape narrow ed to 7 point above, then it was diminished to five point above, eventually it was back to almost identical.
During this period of time of trading, you can image how much commission you charged if IG Market's quote is correct, which is I believed so, which is a demon version. CMC is live account.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/apt.asp

:smart: :sneaky: :idea: